“..........very good service”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Maidenhead
Matlock, United Kingdom
“..........very good service”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

stayed there on business did not arrive till 9.15 on sunday night, were obliging enough to serve us with a very enjoyable meal even tho restaurant was closing ... had family room overlooking river which was very nice... place very handy for Windsor and Thames Valley

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ben M, Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review regarding your recent stay at The Thames Riviera Hotel. It is great to hear you enjoyed your visit and found the service in the Restaurant to your liking.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Ben

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The room was impressing, clean, very clean, nice size room. Staff helpful, continental breakfast 1st class, fresh fruit and great croissants. Really impressed. I got special offer from web and cannot be more satisfied.

Room Tip: Check special offers
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ben M, General Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for you recent review of The Thames Riviera Hotel.

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room, the staff and the breakfast to your liking. I shall be sharing your comments with the team.

Once again, many thanks and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Thames Riviera Hotel in the near future.
Berkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Best atmosphere in Maidenhead ..clean nice and absolutely the best place to go out and relax .... very friendly and professional staff...very good and fresh food...perfect drinks .... Love the cocktails ... Nice music at the weekends ... Just amazing ... Each time we go there the place is getting better and better ...love it soo much ... Definitely will recommend to everyone ... Love it ...

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Milijana B
Ben M, General Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to say a massive thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoy coming to see us on a regular basis, and enjoy our range of cocktails and live music on Fridays and Sundays. I will be passing on your wonderful comments to the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel & Restaurant very soon.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review!

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night with my year old daughter. I had requested a cot and one was provided along with sheets and mattress. Much better service than a recent Travelodge visit:-)

Access to the room and hotel was more difficult as there were stairs into the hotel and my room. Fortunately I was dropped off by family so they could help. The room itself was very comfortable - I booked a double and requested a bath - plenty of room and warm. Tea and coffee making facilities were included as well.

I didn't use room service or the restaurant so can't comment on them.

Generally I thought it was a pleasant, good value stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent review about the Thames Riviera Hotel. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room to your liking.
I will be passing your comments onto the whole team and on behalf of the Hotel I thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I took my 4 month old daughter to the Thames Riviera as it mentioned that they could provide a cot for her.

They requested I bring my own bedding but did when I asked provide a single sheet to use on the mattress. The cot was a travel cot which was fine although the mattress was very very thin.

There is no slope up to the reception so had to drag my pram up a around 15 steps which was not a great start but the receptionist was pleasant and she arranged for me to have a room on the ground floor rather than my original one which was up a few flights of stairs which would have been an issue with no lift. She did mention that there was a live band on that evening but I wouldn't really be able to hear it but back to that later....

The room its self was lovely and really spacious so room for the travel cot and the pram.

The bathroom was nice too with a lovely deep bath which filled quickly and my daughter seemed to enjoy her dip in the tub. There was also a good powerful shower over the bath too for me.

The room was very clean and had a few chairs too to watch tv in. There was a desk and a small table for eating at, as well as the usual tea/coffee etc.

Now to the live music, it started at 8pm and went on till 11pm and it was LOUD, really loud, the floor was shaking and I could hear every word being sung. My poor daughter who had been asleep in the travel cot (which of course means her ear was pretty much inches from the floor) woke up with a scream and pretty much screamed for the next hour before exhaustion and being in my bed finally won and this is a baby who normally can sleep anywhere.

To be fair the music was good and had I been downstairs in the restaurant I would have enjoyed it but sadly its not as much fun when you have a child who is distraught and screaming the house down and you are trying to sleep after a long journey.

I ordered room service and it arrived within half an hour which I felt was fair but sadly the food wasnt that great, the burger looked home made and was ok but the chips had a horrid taste like the oil they were fried in was very old. The garlic bread was also very poor and the cheese on top looked very unappealing.

The bed is very hard so if you are used to a nice sort mattress then you may wake up with a back ache like i did.

The breakfast the next day was better, lots of cereal, toast etc to choose from and the cooked breakfast was nice if a little under generous. The only issue was that to get to the restaurant you have to go down a step flight of stairs which was no mean feat with a baby in a car seat as I couldn't take the pram down.

PROS

Hotel room is very nice

Bath is lovely and deep and fills very quickly and there was plenty of hot water.

Nice decor

Staff are very friendly and helpful

Sure the view of the river is fab in the summer

CONS

Live music could be heard word for word
Bed is very hard
room service food was not very nice and parts of it inedible
No wheelchair/pram friendly in any way

Room Tip: If you have a baby and travelling alone then a ground floor unless there is live music on. Ask for a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Ben M, General Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review about The Thames Riviera Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your lovely comments regarding the size of the room, cleanliness and bathroom features.

I am very sorry that your little one was disturbed by the noise of our Live Friday Music. I can completely agree that this room should not of been allocated to yourselves. I would like to apologise on behalf of the Hotel and the Front of House team for this error.

In regards to your evening meal, indeed our Burgers are homemade but I shall check with the Brigade about the oil. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and if you would like to return to The Thames Riviera Hotel, please contact us direct so we can allocate the perfect room for you and your needs.

Derby
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Overnight stay on a very damp,dismal night,
As always my agenda is based on easy parking,clean comfortable room,standard (or larger than)bath,hassle free check in and Wi-fi (that works)
This Hotel ticks all boxes with room to spare!,Recently refurbished room(303), warm, well appointed furnishing,very clean and comfortable bathroom,and wi fi that works!!
Great setting on the Thames (which the Hotel takes full advantage of judging by well maintained/positioned external furniture)
Lively well stocked Bar with cheerful helpful staff and ample seating area's
One(tiny) downside is their are several staircases to be negotiated which may make it less than attractive for those less able

Not the cheapest in the area but not the most expensive

Best recommendation is that i would return without hesitation

Room Tip: 303 is reached by some fairly steep stairs?
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent trip to The Thames Riviera Hotel.
It is great to hear that you enjoyed everything from the hassle free check-in, to the complimentary WIFI and free parking.
I shall be passing your comments onto the team and I thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here for one night earlier this year in a 'refurbished' room. Bedroom itself was fine, bathroom was very tired and rough around the edges.

Very noisy night, no door stops or springs any of the doors. Woken up every time a corridor or bedroom door was slammed through the night and early morning. Expected far better quality for the money paid.

Price of breakfast also very high, and again, distinctly average.

Won't be staying again.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the main building and not in the outside building.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank anon_yorks
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review from your stay back in November 2012.

I would like to make note that since your stay over a year ago, we are carrying out a light refurbishment on our rooms and our maintenance team are aware of the issues you have raised.
Due to the age of our Edwardian building we do suffer with some creaking and banging but we are always looking for ways to improve our customer service.

I thank you for your feedback.

Ben

Travelers are raving about these Maidenhead hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidenhead
The Thames Hotel
#1 of 3 in Burnham
Norfolk House Hotel
Norfolk House Hotel
#5 of 11 in Maidenhead

Been to The Thames Riviera Hotel? Share your experiences!