“PLEASANT STAY” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Maidenhead
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“PLEASANT STAY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Having known this hotel over the years I had never actually stayed there until last week. I was pleasantly surprised how good the standard was and I would stay there again. The reception staff both on check in and check out were very accommodating and helpful. We ate in the restaurant which again was good. the staff were very efficient and approachable, food a good standard and presentation excellent. The only downside on the dinner was we had to wait a long time. They had live music in the bar, again bar staff were excellent.
The rooms were very clean, good choice of tea/coffee/toiletries. Beds comfortable and rooms were more then adequate for our stay. Downside was a little noisy at the back of hotel due to smokers.
Parking is limited although it may have been busy due to non-residents coming for the music that evening.
Housekeeping staff very pleasant also.

Room Tip: If you eat in the hotel you are given a 20%voucher towards food. At the back of hotel smokers intend...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ben M, General Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Thames Riviera Hotel. It is always great to receive feedback from our guests. The points you have raised will be shared with the whole team.
I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to hear that every part of your stay was enjoyable. I shall speak with the Restaurant staff to make sure guests are warned about possible delays on food delivery.
On behalf of the whole team, thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Thames Riviera Hotel very soon.

Ben

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in July. We stayed in the lodge across the car park. The room was fine, clean and comfortable, although the whole building seemed a bit tired. Location is lovely, right alongside the river. Lovely spot for a relaxing drink. However, the same can't be said for their food I'm afraid. Anything we ordered was very poor indeed. By all means, stay here, but don't count on them for great food. With plenty of michelin star restaurants in the surrounding towns, you definitely won't starve!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of The Thames Riviera Hotel.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room comfortable and location pleasing.
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your dining experience. I will be passing your comments onto the Chef Brigade. We are currently in the process of designing a new Menu which we hope to publish very soon.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and I thank you for your feedback.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

The hotel is very clean and the are modern , parking is tight and the booking system is very simple . We did eat here and the food was good and the service was just as good . One thing that did let the hotel down was the bar service , the bar tenders spent too much time talking to each other rather than acknowledging you and asking what you want. But I would stay here again

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ben M, General Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review about The Thames Riviera Hotel. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed dining in The Blue River Café and found your room clean and tidy.
I shall be sharing your comments with the whole team.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

A once grand building by the Thames. Travel tavern style accommodation and food. Stayed in the lodge accros the car park. The rooms are really big and nice with a balcony (albeit overlooking the car park). My colleague stayed in the main building which is more tired. For£50 quid you can't complain!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ben M, General Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of the Thames Riviera Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found the rooms big and clean.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Perpignan, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Situated just by River Thames. Edwardian with lots of character. Main building rooms cosy but standard double room not big. Annexe rooms slightly bigger but in a noisy location very busy bar opposite especially fri/sat nights. Parking can be a problem with no reserved spaces for hotel guests. Restaurant breakfast good. Overall would definitely return but ask for a quiet room and park as early as possible.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ben M, General Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback. It is great to hear that you loved the location. We are very lucky to be right on the River Thames and many guests comments on the stunning surroundings.

I am sorry to hear you experienced high levels of noise on certain nights. We do encourage guests to be aware it is a residential area and notices have been placed around the building for guests to leave quietly.

In regards to the Car Park we do have an over-spill car park behind the Waterside Lodge for guests to use.

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Thames Riviera in the near future.

Astley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stay in lots of hotels up and down the country, and, quite honestly, this is one of my favourites. Its location - in terms of ease of getting to it, its proximity to the town centre, and its picturesque situation - is excellent. The rooms are nice, clean, quite modern (though the room I was in had single-glazed windows - quite nice during warm nights but not sure how that would feel during the biting cold of January). Its a really nice building, clearly old but also quite well looked-after. The staff are all polite and helpful. The bar and cafe which are situated below the hotel and extend out onto the bank of the river Thames, are equally good, with a mix of large comfortable sofas, regular pub chairs and bar stools. TVs and a quite snazzy looking restaurant (which I did not partake of - only because I prefer bar snacks). Beer selection is good, and even had a locally brewed IPA for connoisseurs. The bar snacks were great, if a tad slow at getting to me - though I usually take that as a sign that everything is fresh. The outside area is excellent on an airy summer/autumn evening, and I sat by the river both nights for a couple of hours soaking up the tranquillity whilst I sipped a beer or three and read my book. Overall, an gem of a place, and not outrageously expensive for accommodation, food or drink... Definitely I would recommend, and definitely I will be back!

Room Tip: "River view rooms are awesome, and quieter than those facing the road"
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ben M, General Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent review about the Thames Riviera Hotel. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We love receiving feedback from our guests and I shall be sharing your comments with the whole team.
I am pleased you found the staff attentive and polite and equally enjoyed the location and the building itself.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Thames Riviera in the near future and I thank you again for sharing your comments with us.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I used this hotel to stop over in Maidenhead for one night on a business trip. I booked it Sunday morning to stay that night, so a double room with breakfast was a very reasonable £55. For that price to be honest a tent and cold porridge would be good value, what I got was a really nice clean room, with excellent amenities. The hotel staff were friendly and welcoming and the cooked breakfast was first class. Should I need to visit Maidenhead again I will certainly look to stay here, I was also to.d by the receptionist when I checked out, that I might even be able to get a better deal by speaking the hotel direct, rather than booking through booking.com?

Room Tip: I stayed in room 108, which is at the back of the hotel above the cafe. I imagine it could get a bit...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ben M, General Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at The Thames Riviera Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit here and found your room and breakfast to a excellent standard.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Thames Riviera very soon.

Ben
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidenhead
The Thames Hotel
#1 of 3 in Burnham
Norfolk House Hotel
Norfolk House Hotel
#5 of 12 in Maidenhead

Been to The Thames Riviera Hotel? Share your experiences!