The Thames Riviera Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Kingswood Hotel(Maidenhead)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsblue river caferowing clubbeer gardenthe main hotelstayed for one nightwould stay againlovely locationtown centrefat duckthameswindsorrowersbrayriversideheathrowlegoland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We came here as we were planning a trip to Windsor and wanted to be somewhere near the river. Well the river was right next to me and the views were beautiful. Check-in was easy and the girls were very polite and well trained. The room we had was very well decorated and had free wifi. I've been to many hotels and the wifi is chargeable so that is an immediate plus point. We had a meal in the Restaurant and the food and service was great, it felt very welcoming and a good atmosphere.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to others, as the gorgeous views of the River are second to none and the service from the staff showed they had been well appointed.
Will be back soon!!!

Room Tip: Pick a river-view room. Its worth paying the extra £10!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hayley B, Front Office Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

I would like to thank you personally for your recent review on the Thames Riviera hotel,

I was delighted to read your review as we take great pride in receiving such positive comments as we do try our very best to make sure every guest has an enjoyable experience from the moment you check in.

Please do not hesitate to contact me regarding any future accommodation requirements you may have.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Thames Riviera hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I only tend to really write comments if I have had a very good or bad experience.
We recently stayed at this hotel and must say we had a lovely experience, the room was large and spacious, the food was excellent and the staff couldn't help us enough.
The lady manager who dealt with us was also very helpful which assisted us greatly.
The hotel is located in a lovely area with the Thames directly outside meaning lovely evening walks.

Overall we were very pleased with our visit and would highly recommend

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hayley B, Front Office Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

I would like to thank you for your review on Trip advisor,

It was lovely to read such positive comments regarding your recent stay as this is what we strive to achieve, and can assure you that your comments have been passed onto my fellow colleagues.

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 26, 2012

A quite charming room, we are on the top floor, and a very good breakfast. The Hotel food in the evenings is of good quality, but we had to wait ages. Stayed for a short mini break which is quite good value for money. The staff is friendly, there is a bar, a free car park and free Wifi access. The room we have is charming, warm and with a view to the Thames. There are other rooms in a separate building. Could do with a lift. A very friendly three star hotel in a unique position, that must quite nice in the summer with lunch on the terrace overlooking the water.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hayley B, Front Office Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

I would like to thank you for your recent review on the Thames Riviera, as it can be a key element for any guest making a decision to stay with us.

It was lovely to read that you found the hotel charming as we do our very best to ensure all guests have a pleasant experience, I would also like to apologies for the waiting time you received in the restaurant,

Thank you once again and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Thames Riviera hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Such a disappointment. I deeply regret booking that hotel. Photos on the website shows a much nicer hotel.
We booked an executive room for a weekend break and when I got in, I just didn't believe it was an "executive" room. Furnitures and decoration clearly need to be revamp, toilet plumbing very noisy as well. I chose the option with free parking and free wifi when booking on Laterooms.com but realised every booking with executive room had it.
Cold staff at check in and quite impatient. We called reception after we got in the room to ensure they hadn't made a mistake by booking the room 411 and the woman told us that what was making the room "superior" was the only the view..

Very very average stay.

2  Thank calipoux
Hayley B, Front Office Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

I was very disappointed to hear about your recent experience here at the Thames Riviera Hotel.

Your comments in regards to the appearance and plumbing issues in the Waterside Lodge are noted and I am pleased to announce all of the points raised are being looked at as part of our ongoing refurbishment project.

Room 411 is one of our executive double rooms as mentioned this is classed as an executive room as it is larger than a standard double and the balcony over looks the river. Our executive rooms are the only type to come with a river view.

I understand that you booked through a third party and you may have not been given an accurate account of the hotel and its facilities. I would always recommend that every guest checks out our website or call us directly on 01628 674057 to ensure they not only receive the best rate but also have an opportunity to pick the perfect room for their stay.

I can confirm that as a standard the hotel provides complimentary parking and wifi for all residents.

I hope that one-day you will return to The Thames Riviera Hotel as we have a wide selection of room types, which I am sure if we had availability, would have been more suited to your requirements.

Please feel free to contact me at anytime in regards to your future accommodation needs.

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed for one night in a double room (209), with a view of the Thames. Our room was clean and spacious, with a pleasant atmosphere. There was a bit of a wait for check-in, as being a Sunday night, they had minimal staff on reception. However, everyone was helpful and friendly, and we got there eventually.

We also ate at the restaurant (dinner and breakfast). I wasn't so impressed with the restaurant. The food we had was a bit bland, and probably not the best value for money. My recommendation is to stay at the hotel if you want somewhere comfortable, but perhaps take a look around Maidenhead for other options foodwise!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hayley B, Front Office Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your recent review on your stay with us,

I was disappointed to read your comments regarding your experience in the restaurant, as this is not the level of satisfaction we aim to achieve.

I have passed on your comments regarding the food to the appropriate managers and I can assure you that these will be looked into.

Thank you for you lovely comments regarding the hotel, and our friendly staff.

I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Thames Riviera Hotel in the future.