The Thames Riviera Hotel
$119
Agoda.com
Kingswood Hotel(Maidenhead)
$49
Premier Inn Maidenhead Town Centre(Maidenhead)(Great Value!)
$60
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
$38
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsblue river caferowing clubbeer gardenthe main hotelstayed for one nightwould stay againlovely locationtown centrefat duckthameswindsorrowersbrayriversideheathrowlegoland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Great positioned hotel directly on the river, with ample parking. Very friendly staff and lovely clean hotel. Breakfast was reasonably priced. We went as a couple but I can imagine the surrounding area would be good for a family holiday.

Room Tip: Imagine a river view would be good. We had no choice as there was only one room left!.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
ThamesRiviera, Front Office Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I was delighted to read your review, I would just like to say thank you for your lovely feedback, my team & I really take great satisfaction in reading such positive comments.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

We've stayed here three times now - purely for convenience and a view of the river. But the service, particularly in the restaurant, lets it down every time.

As said in another review the stairs to the room are hard work, especially if coming up from the basement restaurant and the windows are filthy.

Food in the restaurant is mediocre and during our meal for four one main course was wrong and three of us had ours and the fourth person had to wait. We were told there would be no charge for that meal. The menu described the sea bass as having cherry or vine tomatoes (or similar) but they were chopped mushy tomatoes in the middle of the fish. Our chocolate fondue dessert came without heat, without marshmallows, and without sticks . . . we had no chance of catching a waiter's eye, so ate the fondue, and when querying the absence of heat, had a very poor response when we mentioned it - as in "Well, we haven't charge you for his meal!" Later the waitress glowered as I passed on my way to the bar.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so sorry that we failed to exceed your expectations as our team are known for their attentive service. I have spoken to all staff and passed on your feedback as clearly we didn't give you the guest the experience you deserve and for that I offer our sincerest apologies.

I would like to thank you for your comments as these help us to improve in the future.

I hope that you will give us an opportunity in the future to show you this was indeed a one off experience and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to The Thames Riviera Hotel once more.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stayed here as part of our walking of the Thames Path and having walked past it earlier in the day we though it looked in need of a bit of TLC. Once in though everything was good, apart from a bit of a maze of stairs to our room. The bar seemed very busy when we arrived but we had already eaten and having an early night we did not notice any noise.

Noce comfy bed and big bathroom made for an enjoyable stay (just touch up the paint outside please)

Ideal place for us as we always try to stay on the river when we can and looking out in the morning while eating breakfast was a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Room 107: Very small single-bed room facing carpark and just above the bar patio. Old, single-pane windows keep out no noise and were extremely difficult to open and close, didn’t close completely enough to be bolted, wouldn’t stay open (block of wood is needed). No fan in bathroom, but a window (hard to open and close).
Ceiling light is needed in the room. The reading light not bright enough. There’s no real desk space. A hook needs replacing on the back of the bathroom door. Not enough shelves or drawers for clothes. No bedside table. No notice/promotion of recycling.
Noise from bar patrons on the outdoor patio: one day over a six-hour period, kids were clambering around and climbing on the metal, spiral fire-escape staircase right outside my window. Added to that was the noise from the adults drinking and smoking on the patio all afternoon and evening, until 12:30 am and 11:30 pm, three nights in a row (Easter long weekend).
Good: free wifi, single-handled faucet in bathroom sink, room safe, towel warming rack, kleenex, paper & pencil, large flat-screen TV, low-flow toilet(?).Glimpse of river from window. I was glad to have a bathtub after long walks; some single rooms had only a shower.
Good breakfast buffet and hot breakfasts to order. They should bring the toast from the kitchen rather than make guests wait for the slow toaster at the buffet – or get a faster toaster. Wait staff are pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: not facing the bar patio
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Hayley B, Front Office Manager at The Thames Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us over the bank holiday weekend.

Due to the popularity of our venue during the summer months we do experience higher noise levels during the peak times than we would usually.

We try our very best to control the noise of the bar, restaurant and terrace area and I apologise that this affected your stay with us.

I have noted all your comments regarding room 107 and have re-laid these to our maintenance manager who will in turn now be looking to improve the lighting, storage and use of the windows in the room.

I would always recommend that every guest checks out our website or call us directly on 01628 674057 to ensure they have an opportunity to pick the perfect room for their stay
I hope that one-day you will return to The Thames Riviera Hotel as we have a wide selection of room types, which I am sure if we had availability would have been more suited to your requirements.

Please feel free to contact me at anytime in regards to your future accommodation needs.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I last stayed here a few years ago, and the bedrooms are now much better following significant and effective refurbishments. Comfy bed, quality furnishings and an excellent bathroom.
The location is great, right on the Thames riverbank on the outskirts of town (nice walks along the river).
Good breakfast - combination of buffet and cooked-to-order "Full English".
The public areas are a bit lacking in atmosphere we thought. The bar/restaurant area feels more like a pub than a hotel, but perhaps that it the intention. Also because the bar is at the side rather than front of the hotel, it doesn't make the most of the fabulous riverfront location.
The price represented excellent value for money,

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple