“Lovely Food, Friendly venue”
Review of Krakow Polish Cuisine - CLOSED

Krakow Polish Cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was really surprised to find this little gem of a restaurant tucked away in the very uninviting road in Maidenhead. My son and his fiancee went there one week, they went back the next week with my daughter and son-in-law. The week after that 8 of us went to celebrate a birthday. We had a lovely meal including wine for less than £200. The food was beautifully cooked and presented. I had veal liver which melted in the mouth. If you don't like meat there were fish and vegetarian options.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at this Polish restaurant. This is good home cooked Polish food - the potato blinis with smoked salmon were absolutely delicious - all 4 of us had them! Lots of traditional dishes and some great flavoured vodka. I found the food much, much better than on a trip to Poland a few years ago. The waitress was very friendly and happy to explain the menu. The location is fine - no need to worry. Parking is nearby in West Street. Go on give them a try.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had a lovely evening here,our first time eating here, won't be the last!!
The food tasted great and was beautifully presented.Service was also pretty good ( naturally, friendly).
Not expensive for the quality food that you receive.

Highly recommended!! ;)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've never been to a Polish restaurant before so didn't really know what to expect. Also, I've not been to this particular part of Maidenhead before and almost didn't go any further as the restaurant is located off the high street in a rather dark and not very inviting road.
I got curious after reading the first two reviews and I wasn't by myself so we decided to give it a go.
Glad we did. It's a lovely small restaurant, quite tastefully decorated with a friendly and welcoming service.
The food was surprisingly good. Well presented home cooked-style food, very tasty and portion sizes are decent. It's not haute-cuisine but a genuinely pleasant experience, therefore 5 stars. I was adventurous and started with the beef tartar, something I always eat when in France but usually avoid to eat in the UK. Raw food is always a risky business but the meat was very fresh, so was the egg and it contained just the right amount of pickles. Very nice. The main courses did not disappoint either.
In terms of drinks, there are quite a few different beers on offer but I think the wine list could be expanded a little bit more - even though beer may actually work much better with this type of food than wine - I just don't like beer so much.
This was certainly not our last visit.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

An excellent starter of flavour-packed beetroot soup was followed by a perfectly cooked pork escallop with a delicious red cabbage salad. This is simple but genuine Polish cuisine, and very reasonably priced. The owner was charming and helpful.
It was our first visit to this friendly local restaurant, but won't be the last.