“Quality food and drink in picturesque setting.”
Review of Red Lyon - CLOSED

Red Lyon
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Traditional (even quaint) English pub with restaurant offering food of excellent quality and value for money. Cosy interior, friendly staff and a large garden should we ever exerience another good summer. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Steedy01

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had the most magnificent day at the Red Lyon when we hired gladiator style inflatables and spent a cold, crisp day high tailing it around the garden. The service was superb with endless drinks and bacon butties followed by an outstanding 3 course lunch. The only fly in the ointment was we had to leave!!
Highly recommended

1  Thank Catherine D
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Such a beautiful pub with gorgeous outdoor areas. The interior is cosy and the ambience extremely inviting. All staff were very friendly and the service could not be faulted. Wine selection was very impressive and the food was simply amazing. I must say that one of the desserts I tried ranks as one of the best that I have ever consumed in my life! I really wish we had pubs like this back in Australia.

1  Thank Anne77Sydney
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We visited the Red Lyon this "summer" and enjoyed a first class Sunday roast.
It is a really lovely spot with cosy style seating inside and superb outside areas,we particularly enjoyed watching the local model airplane club doing their stuff in an adjacent field .
Really enjoyable pub wether eating or just having a pint on the way home.

1  Thank aybn41
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Lovely pub with great ambience and friendly welcome. Food delicious and nothing was too much trouble. I am Coeliac and my gluten free requirements were readily catered for. Thank you!!

1  Thank Kathrine H