We were lucky enough to have our wedding here and chose it purely for one reason - customer service. Having worked in the hospitality trade in Maidenhead and surrounding areas for fifteen years, I was a little daunted going there, in my mind Fredricks, has always been the best hotel in Maidenhead, second only to Cliveden at nearby Taplow. Every other venue we went too told us what they could offer for our wedding as if it was from a catalogue, whereas Marsha at Fredricks asked us what we wanted which was ideal as we had a slightly different idea of what we wanted.
We both have used the spa facilities previously and both found them to be excellent with Pamela a very welcoming host and al staff very proffessional and couteous. With regard to previous comments about the decor of the hotel, it may not be current and up to date, but it is refined and peaceful and this shows throughout, and stays true to the history of the hotel and the family that previously owned it.
The day prior to the wedding my wife and two friends spent the day at the spa and had an amazing time, leaving them all relaxed and ready for the big day. High praise indeed for three women to be happy. The big day itself was incredible, we held a msall service and luncheon and nothing was a problem for any of the guests or myself and my wife. The staff made us feel as though we were the most important people in the hotel that day, and an incredible effort made with the children, (the wedding coordinator took my brothers young son outside during the ceremony allowing him to be present! class!!) Other highlights for the children involved two of the bridesmaids telling the waitress that they didnt like melon as a starter and only liked the strawberries, five minutes later the waitress returned with a big bowl of strawberries for them. Again a lovely touch. The hotel provided a red carpet, and flowers but the best detail was the toastmaster, who again was incredible, a real asset to the smooth running and organisation of the day without ever taking the limelight. Many thanks Mr Warwick!
My new wife and i spent the evening together in the restaurant and had a truely memorable meal, everything was superb, again, having been in the trade i can normally find fault with most places but i just couldnt. The level of cooking was superb and the teaming and blance of ingredients was incredible. We topped this wonderful meal by having a cheese board on the patio ovelooking the adjacent golf course as the sun set.
Overall we couldnt have asked for more, the service and staff were first rate as were the staff and service in the spa. Our only complaint was that we had to leave the next to go to the Maldives but felt so comfortable and relaxed in the hotel we did not want to leave!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lovely Edwardian building with it's own private gardens and swimming pool. Ample free car parking and great road access to the M4, M40 AND M404. Heathrow less than half an hour away and London also. Great location for Ascot, Kempton, Sandown, Windsor, Newbury and Lingfield racecourses. Close to Henley, Kingston Upon Thames,Windsor and for all major visitor attractions around The Central Thames Valley. 2 AA Rosetted Restaurant, Large Function Room and Spa Facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fredrick`s Hotel Restaurant Maidenhead
- Fredricks Hotel Maidenhead