We have just had a thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable stay at Fredricks, only slightly marred by the lack of hot water this morning (they had had problems with the boiler). The room was spacious and comfortable; the breakfasts excellent, especially the compote and stewed fruits - excellent and rare to find such things in hotels! The scrambled eggs were of very good quality and even the bacon was noteworthy due to its flavour. We had dinner (the taste menu) which comprised 5 courses, 2 of which were excellent (scallops and veal) but the others had too many mistakes (e.g overcooked 'melt in the middle' desert) which was a shame.
However, what for us marked this hotel out was the staff. They were so polite and helpful and genuinely friendly. They made our stay, and without the minor flaws noted above would themselves have won the hotel a 5 star rating!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lovely Edwardian building with it's own private gardens and swimming pool. Ample free car parking and great road access to the M4, M40 AND M404. Heathrow less than half an hour away and London also. Great location for Ascot, Kempton, Sandown, Windsor, Newbury and Lingfield racecourses. Close to Henley, Kingston Upon Thames,Windsor and for all major visitor attractions around The Central Thames Valley. 2 AA Rosetted Restaurant, Large Function Room and Spa Facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fredrick`s Hotel Restaurant Maidenhead
- Fredricks Hotel Maidenhead