“Wonderful place”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Maidenhead
bedfordshire
“Wonderful place”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a travelzoo deal on 28/29 Dec for my birthday. Was upgraded to the Presidents Suite on arrival. Check in was quick & easy and we were shown to our suite by the receptionist. A lovely personal touch. Room was huge and well decorated. Spa is small, but perfectly sized for the hotel. Plenty of loungers. Swimming outside in a heated pool in December was fantastic. 5 course taster menu at dinner - food was superb. The chef must be commended. Both maître d's were polite and attentive without being intrusive. Drinks are expensive (£65 for bottle of champagne) but this is in line with all 4 star hotels so close to London & Windsor. Highly recommend a visit to this little gem. We will be back!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Fredrick's M, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear labramad

Thank you for taking the time out to write your lovely review of your recent stay with us. I am very happy that you had a pleasurable stay with us and very much hope to look forward to welcoming you back.

Robert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Excellent, excellent, excellent. What a brilliant weekend. From the start when we were shown to our room till we checked out, the service was first class. The spa was small but everything you wanted was there and the atomsphere and quietness was just right and with lots of loungers to relax on. I had a facial, which was the best I had every had and the treatment left me feeling very relaxed. We had the 5 course tasting menu which was excellent and the wine that the waiter recommended was also excellent. Breakfast was just as good with meals cooked to order.
Only critism was that the bed mattress was too bouncy and the bedroom mirror too high to see in when sitting down at the table.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear liz e

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us at Fredrick's. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the treatment you received was so good. We do hope to see you back at Fredrick's soon.

Bucks
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Have just returned from an overnight Travelzoo break at Fredricks, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Excellent friendly staff in all areas, very warm and welcoming. Delicious food,(we had the 5 course tasting menu), lovely spa facilities, especially the indoor/outdoor pool. Very high quality fixtures and fittings throughout. All in all an excellent package at a very reasonable price. Delicious breakfast, good selection both hot & cold, and although very busy as a result of being full and everyone coming to breakfast at the same time, the staff coped admirably, including laying up tables with fresh linen tablecloths etc in the bar area to accomodate the extra numbers, and avoid people waiting. Full marks for that ! We will definitely be returning to Fredricks.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room close to the spa.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Fredrick's M, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear johnsterlingbucks

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review of your recent stay with us at Fredrick's. I am delighted that you had a good stay and that the slight issue with breakfast did not have an adverse affect. When all the guests come down to breakfast at the same time it can really test the resolve of the team and it was great to hear they dealt with it so admirably.

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013

having stayed in lots of the more top end hotels in and around the area, this was a real find! Althought it has a kinda weird sort of old fashioned vibe, it somehow works and the room was great, complete with small veranda. The pool is brilliant, and swimming in a warm outdoor pool on a cold night is always great. The restaurant is delightful with superb food- another real treat. The staff are lovely and really helpful... definately be revisiting!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Battie1
Dear Battie1

Many thanks for your very nice review of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

London
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Firstly I would like to discuss the positives of this spa hotel and then explain why I have given it an average score as opposed to a very good or excellent.
1. Staff - lovely, really could not have been nicer.
2. Cleanliness - excellent
3. Quality/comfort of room - very good
4. Spa - very nice, especially the inside/outside pool
5. Breakfast - very average limited buffet. I like my breakfast cooked to order, not sitting around in greasy bowls with other people breathing all over it!
6. Drinks - slightly overpriced, but no more than one would expect in a 4 star hotel. However, over £3.00 for an Americano coffee which was only half full does seem a little excessive given the fact I was in Maidenhead not the West End of London.

And now to the reason why I have given this hotel an average as opposed to very good. The food!!!
If you are charging customers £14+ for a starter and £26+ for a main course then you have to be good and frankly this place is as far off the mark as possible. I am not saying that the food is bad, actually if they were charging more realistic prices I would say it was fine. But when you are presented with prices such as those, you expect something a little special, maybe somewhere heading towards its first Michelin star. But I am afraid that there is more chance of me running in next years Grand National than this place ever getting a coveted star!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Fredrick's M, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear TravelledLondon

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of your time at the hotel.

Firstly I am very glad that there were so many positives with your experience. As regards the meal our team work hard to deliver a high quality product so it is always disappointing to here that this has not been perceived as good value.

I would very much like to discuss this further with you so please send me your details and suitable time to contact you and I will call you to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Its one of those overnight stays that you will always remember! Greeted at reception, great room and wonderful spa, unbelievable food; 5 course gourmet deal.

The only issue we did have was that a very noisy family kept us awake pretty well till 4 a.m. but even that did not dampen our interest in the hotel. They gave my wide a cup of coffee to compensate (I suppose they could have done more, as a good nights sleep is a prerequisite in any hotel and making up for not having it could have been high on the agenda for management.

That said, I would go back again and recommend it!

Room Tip: They all looked good, but perhaps ask that you have a room that does not have a family above you.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joyce P
Dear Joyce P

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to Fredrick's. I am very pleased that you had such a great time even with a disturbance from above.

I very much hope to welcome you back soon and to ensure that we get you a top floor room to ensure there is no noisy footsteps above.

wokingham
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed for a pleasant overnight, dinner, bed and breakfast deal to relax . This hotel ticks all the boxes. Pros. A definite sense of occassion from the check in to leaving with reception staff whom are professional and kind. The meal was so tasty, each course immaculately presented. Not huge portions but they did not need to be the food was best quality.

The beds were so comfortable that we collapsed into them immediately , my daughter and I had a twin bedded room and managed to have a kip before our meal. The hotel was full. It was a Saturday night.

We stayed in the spa, having a lunch and treatment on the Sunday . Experiencing the sensation of outdoor swimming in November, due to the heated water.

Cons. Small dining room,

Enjoyable stay,

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear flowerpower_9

Thank you so much for a lovely review of your stay here at Frederick's. I am delighted that you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay and hope to see you again soon.

Robert
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidenhead
Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor
Hurley House Hotel
Hurley House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hurley
Travelodge Maidenhead Central Hotel

Been to Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa? Share your experiences!