“A nice relaxing day”

Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Maidenhead
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

For a present I received a spa day here. It inc full use of the spa, lunch with champagne and 2 treatments consisting of a half hour back massage and a facial.

The morning was lovely as was able to sit in the sun by the pool. However 75% of the pool is outside so if its a cold day you cannot really go for a swim.

Had a lovely lunch outside with fresh bread rolls that were still steaming hot.

In the afternoon we relaxed by the pool, there is no jacquzzi which was a little let down for a spa. There was a steam room and sauna. Plus a foot bath that got all of my dead skin off of my feet. It was like magic, apparently there is nothing special in the water.

All in all was a lovely day but spa is small and beat to try and go on a hot day so u can make the most of outdoor pool and sun beds.

All robes, slippers and towels are inc. Nice touch is that your name is on the locker in the changing room

• Stayed: August 2013
Giles S, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Coddle
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your review. I am delighted that you so enjoyed your day in the Spa and I hope that we will have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Spent the day here with inlaws last year, and a good friend about a month ago! Looking to book again so I thought it was time that I wrote a review! On both occasions we had facials and massage. The treatments were superb. The lunch was faultless, very good quality food and excellent service all day. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Giles S, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Nellie D
Thank you so much for your lovely review of your days with us; I was very pleased to read your comments and to learn how much you have enjoyed your visits. Your words have been shared with all concerned.
We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We spent a night at the Fredricks on a Secret Escapes bed and breakfast special offer, we must say from the off that the hotel is really nice and intimate, the entire hotel is clean, the grounds are lovely, the rooms are beautiful, the beds are comfortable and the staff are ( from our experience) really helpful - nothing seems to be too much trouble for them.

The Spa looks really nice and the pool area looks like it would be a terrific place to relax. Unfortunately we booked too late to be able to enjoy any treatments in the spa - they were fully booked.
If we had any adverse comments it would be about the restaurant.... The food is amazing and the gardens are a really nice area to eat BUT....expensive is an understatement, now we don't mind paying more for a good meal, but this was ( in our opinion) over the top. We reckon, a nice 3 course meal with wine for 2 would cost a minimum of £100.

To pay £24 for an English breakfast is truly expensive. It was nice, really nice but not worth the best part of £50 for a couple. (We were glad it was included in the deal.)

My wife was surprised that there was no kettle and tea/coffee in the room as standard, but as we found out, if you ask they will bring a refreshment tray to your room....

She was also disappointed that there wasn't any full length mirror anywhere in the room ( she likes to check herself out as she gets ready) but that may not be an issue for everybody.

Another observation is that the place seemed to lack any atmosphere - some quiet background music playing would have been nice while we eat, especially in the morning at breakfast....

Would we return?? Yes probably but unless Food was included, we would eat elsewhere, not because of the food itself because as i said its fantastic...but the price...Ouch!!!.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paul g
Giles S, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear paul g
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit your review to Trip Advisor, I was very pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable time with us. I would thank you particularly for your praise of our Personnel who strive to make everyone's stay a special experience.
We are very proud of the quality of food served in our Restaurant and I am delighted that you enjoyed it so much.
Thank you once again.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I booked in for one night in the Royal Ascot Suite, with an aromatherapy massage, as a birthday treat for her. Normal check-in is not until 15.00 but we were allowed to book in on arrival at 13.00, which gave us plenty of time for a light lunch in the bar (excellent) and to get changed for the massage. The spa was fantastic, with a super pool, and we spent a very pleasant and relaxing afternoon there after our massage (with a complimentary glass of sparkling wine as it was my wife's birthday!).

On asking if we could come back the following day to use the spa facilities we were told that normally they were only available from check-in to check-out, but as they were not too busy the next day we could have complimentary use of the spa until 13.30 - great use of initiative by the spa staff! When we asked at reception if we could store our bags somewhere secure between check-out at 11.00 and lunchtime they said "No problem, but why don't you keep your room until 13.00 as no one is booked in for that night". Again, what a super response.

The Royal Ascot Suite is big, light, comfortable and airy with a balcony overlooking the garden and a big bathroom containing both a shower and separate big bath, and our only criticism was that the bed was very firm and we would have preferred a softer mattress.

Breakfast was plentiful and delicious!

If I had one point for the manager it is that it did seem a little petty to charge us for our newspaper after spending £239 for one night. Why not charge the room at £240 and make the newspaper complimentary, as everyone likes 'complimentary' even it is already accounted for in the price!

Overall it was a lovely treat and all the staff were absolutely delightful and very helpful.

Room Tip: If booking one of the (3?) suites go for the Royal Ascot on the first floor, which has a private bal...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Westwit
Thank you so much for your lovely review.
Your comments regarding the Team are hugely welcome and I am delighted that they were so accommodating and helpful and, therefore, enabled you both to enjoy your time with us as much as you did.
I have noted your comment regarding the charge for the newspaper and we may well look at doing just as you say.
Many thanks again, do come back to see us in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

4 of us stayed here for a birthday celebration weekend and found the rooms really comfortable including the beds. We didn't use the Spa but did swim in the lovely pool, which is partly indoors and partly outdoors, which was great as the weather was really warm and sunny.

We didn't have an evening meal in the restaurant but we did have breakfast which was buffet style serving hot and cold choices. Our only comment would be that a selection of cakes / muffins be provided and not only the croissants that were on offer. But overall the breakfast was delicious.

The staff in general were all very efficient and friendly particularly Lukasz, Sophia and Olivia in Reception.

Room Tip: Room 107 was particularly good on the ground floor with quite a large bathroom and not far from the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Giles S, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Janm6
Thank you for your lovely review. I was very pleased to see that you so enjoyed your time with us and would thank for your kind comments regarding our Personnel, specifically Lukasz, Olivia and Sophia all of whom will be very pleased to learn of your satisfaction.
I hope that we may look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a stay of 2 nights. The dinners we had in were great. Good wine list and pleasant staff.
However I was blown away to find that the linen had not been changed on the bed. This may have been a mishap but is inexcusable and disturbing and really put me off.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank FJ100
Giles S, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear FJ100
Thank you for submitting your recent review.
I was thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our food and would thank you for your kind comments regarding our Personnel.
I was, however, disturbed to read that you were "blown away" by our apparent failure to change your linen. Due to the anonymity afforded by this medium I am unable to check our records as to what may have happened and would ask that you email me at gshaw@fredricks-hotel.co.uk and advise me of your name and dates of stay and I will then be able to carry out a full investigation.
I look forward to hearing from you and would thank you, once again, for sharing your opinion on this forum.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

its like a 1970 James Bond movie set
Loved the stay-great staff and very courteous
Great breakfast ,comfotable beds and a poweful shower
Makes a change from the chain hotels
Would be great to stay again
Oh internet needs boosting

Room Tip: some of the rooms have names-choose one of those especially the Presidente Suits-but others a good t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Giles S, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Tars64
Thank you for submitting your kind review.
I am not sure that we have ever been described as being like a 1970 James Bond movie set previously but we'll see if we can develop the theme. I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time with us and would thank you for your generous praise of our Personnel.
I hope that you will be able to visit us again in the future.
Giles

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidenhead
The Oakley Court
The Thames Riviera Hotel
The Thames Riviera Hotel
#8 of 11 in Maidenhead
Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection

Been to Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa? Share your experiences!