“Beautiful hotel”

Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Maidenhead
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

A beautiful hotel and spa we was pleasantly surprised our room was lovely and clean . We enjoyed the outdoor pool which was nice and warm,however the inside pool and the jacuzzi beds we found too cold which was a shame .
The young lady on reception was very helpful and pleasant . Our only big negative was no tea or coffee making facilities in the room . We will return hopefully for a whole weekend in the summer .

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Brumian
Giles S, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Brumian
Thank you for submitting your review to Trip Advisor, I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we may look forward to welcoming you back to Fredrick's at a later date. For your future reference we are happy to supply a Beverage Tray to your room, details are contained in our Guest Directory.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last night, have to say its the best hotel we have stayed in for a while. The spa area is lovely, clean, plenty of beds to lounge around in, great pool, that leads outside, which in April was lovely and warm! Restaurant was outstanding, the staff are great, very attentive, food was fantastic. The double bedroom was a good size, all the amenities you would expect. Overall a great stay, for a great price £119 for a night stay and breakfast, definitely would return.

• Stayed: April 2013
Giles S, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Chellej76
Thank you so much for posting such a positive review following your recent stay with us. The Team will be delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us and will feel hugely satisfied that their efforts are so appreciated.
I hope that you will be able to return soon to enjoy Fredrick's all over again.
Many thanks again.
Giles Shaw

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is my second visit to Fredrick's Spa as i went there previously in Aug 2012. I decided to treat my daughter and myself to a spa day afternoon which I found on last minute.com but booked only a few days ago. The spa were very helpful in trying fit our treatments in. We paid £50 each which included lunch, a glass of bubbly and one treatment and use of the pool and spa. We had lunch as soon as we arrived and were seated in the winter garden which is an informal area and not part of the main spa. I was puzzled by this as all the other spa guests were sat in their wraps and slippers closer to the main spa so we did feel a little isolated from the other guests. However, the lunch was excellent and they accommodated my daughters food allergies extremely well. I had a 30 mins facial and my daughter had the back neck and shoulder massage both of which were really excellent. The therapists who have looked after me there work to a very high standard and I think the quality of treatments is excellent and far better than other bigger spas I have been to previously. The only thing that disappointed us was that the pool which is inside/outside was really cold. I think the exceptionally cold weather that day did not help. That was a shame as I don't feel I got the whole use of the spa. I would highly recommend this lovely spa but do go in warmer weather so that you can get the full use of the pool and hopefully the gardens.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear David H
Thank you for taking the time & trouble to submit your review on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time with us and hope, very much, that you will return when the weather is kinder to us all.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at Fredricks as a treat for my partners birthday, with dinner at the nearby Hinds Head restaurant in Bray. As you enter the hotel you are struck by an air of relaxation, and this carried on as we walked through the tastefully decorated corridors to our room, The room was a double, and very nice. The only downside was no tea or coffee making equipment in our room. We went to the bar and ordered coffee, we were told it would come with biscuits, The coffee duly arrived, but no biscuits accompanied it. We were not able to catch the eye of any staff to enquire as to their whereabouts.

We then made our way to the spa. It is small, but the pool was fantastic, especially the outdoor part of it, and we made use of the steam room, sauna and beds around the pool.

Following our dinner we went to the hotel bar for a drink. We ordered two glasses of soda water. I was taken aback with the bill which was £3.50 for a glass of soda water.

Breakfast was included in the price of £119 for a double room, and it was delicious.

When we left and checked the bill. the coffee was £8.40 for two cups - and NO biscuits!

I did speak to the reception staff about the outrageous cost of the drinks. How can it be acceptable to charge £3.50 for a glass of water which is normally free in other establishments - infact a large bottle of sparkling water at the Hinds Head came in at less than this. In addition to charge £4.20 for coffee, when there are no facilities in your room, quick frankly is a rip off.

The hotel and it's facilities are lovely, the bar charges for non alcoholic drinks are taking the mickey.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Giles S, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear DeftlyD
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit your review on our Trip Advisor page; I was very pleased to learn that, in the main, you enjoyed your time with us. I am sorry that we failed to provide the promised biscuits but I have noted your comments regarding our pricing which is broadly in line with other establishments of a similar standard to Fredrick's.
I hope that, the above notwithstanding, we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Fredrick's in the future.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have stayed at Fredrick's every other week during the last 6-months while working in the Maidenhead area.

I can honestly say that for value for money, level of service and a feeling of comfort and relaxation, you would have to go a long way to find better.

All of the staff are extremely helpful and I know you would receive the same level of service regardless of whether you are a one time visitors or a regular.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the suites - they have access to your own private balcony's
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Giles S, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Gareth
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit your review to Trip Advisor; your positive comments will be shared throughout the Team here at Fredrick's.
We look forward, very much, to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with 5 other girls.

The spa area, though on the small side, was very relaxing. My 30 minutes treatment (facial) was truly relaxing and to a high standard. The staff throughout our 1 night stay were incredibly polite and friendly. The rooms were clean & comfortable and were to a standard expected for the price paid. I had a three course dinner taken from the menu du Jour which was fantastic and very well cooked and to top it off we were all given a complimentary sparkling wine! Breakfast was also very tasty with a good selection-the poached eggs were cooked perfectly!

Recommendations would include: A warmer indoor pool and tea/coffee making facilities in the bedrooms.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Giles S, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Lauren 3758
Thank you for taking the time & trouble to submit your review to Trip Advisor.
I was delighted to learn that you so enjoyed your time with us; I was particularly pleased to read of your enjoyment of our food.
I hope that we may look forward to welcoming you back to Fredrick's some time soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Me and my partner booked this hotel for a weekend getaway, and I have to say it is by far the best hotel in England I have ever stayed in.
The look of the place is fantastic, marble foyer with polite staff everywhere you go.

Checked in quickly and went up to the room, which was large, nice bathroom and well stocked mini fridge. I was astounded and gobsmacked by the spa, never have I seen such a beautiful one! As this was a last minute booking, they had no space left for any treatments, but when we visit again I shall be sure to call up well in advance.

We decided to treat ourselves to the a la carte dining here (it IS very pricy, but my word it's worth it!), brilliant service, five star food and a lovely atmosphere.

We noticed when we returned to dinner that there was water leaking through the ceiling, and phoned reception, as soon as the man that came to have a look saw it, he instantly apologised and had us upgraded and moved. The second room was an executive room and for the seconds time I was absolutely gobsmacked. The person moving us apologised that it wasn't a suite, but my word, if this was an exec room, I can't fathom what a suite must be like. Queen sized bed, softest carpet, wall mounted tv, his and hers bathroom. The bed was so big in fact me and my partner could both lie in a star jump position and still have a persons width between us. Absolutely marvellous.

Breakfast was included, and very good, best I've had at a hotel in this country, great selection and utterly delicious.

The grounds are lovely, although it was quite cold when we went so we didn't get much chance to explore them.

All in all, great, relaxing, utterly and completely luxurious hotel. Will be returning!

Room Tip: Just ask, the staff are brilliant at accommodating your needs!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidenhead
The Oakley Court
The Oakley Court
#2 of 19 in Windsor
Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection
The Spread Eagle Hotel

Been to Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa? Share your experiences!