1,276 results
All reviews milk and cookies health club legoland package pancake machine activity pack play area two double beds swimming pool kids buffet bar area changing rooms kids eat free visiting legoland executive room lego land petrol station business hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very poor very tired unfriendly staff place need knocking down or a major refurb won’t stay in a holiday inn again carpet had holes in bedroom furniture look is like it came from the ark and breakfast was cramped seats to close to cereals and coffee machine some body will end up getting a serious burn and the swimming pool is a complete dump and the grounds around it

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Dilip D, Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear karlfarrell6,

Thank you for posting a review regarding your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

I am disappointed to hear you found our staff unfriendly. I will carry out a review of our staff training and address our shortfalls accordingly. I am pleased to let you now that the hotel is due to undergo some refurbishment over the next 12 to 18 months starting with the hotel’s lounge/bar area and then moving through the rest of the hotel and to the bedrooms early in 2019. Obviously this may be subject to change as the management of the refurbishment is complicated and undertaken to avoid minimum disruption to the guests in the hotel. I would hope that this renovation will address the areas you have highlighted and I will forward your comments on to the relevant decision makers so that they are aware of your concerns.

It is my goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to me. The feedback I receive from our valued guests, like you, enables me to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I appreciate the candid feedback I receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with me. I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn for your future travel needs.
Best Regards
Dilip Damodaran

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here on Saturday night as wanted to extend our weekend break. Having stayed in holiday inns previously I felt this one would be the same. Our stay started off very disappointingly as at check in I was asked to give the card details I wished to pay with & then found an extra £30 was to be charged in advance!!! Whenni queried this I was told it was in case we damaged anything!!!. & the receptionist said the £30 would be credited back upon checkout. We went for a swim once we had finally checked in- which I couldn't enjoy with my young daughter as the thought that you had taken an extra £30 without any warning was disrepectful & outright cheeky. After our swim my husband went to reception to see if he could get the extra £30 back as he also agreed the hotel taking extra money 'incase' was wrong & was told by the manager that if we checked out & paid then & there as we had checked out the £30 extra would be credited straight back into my account. Well as yet no funds have been credited back & i am £30 out of pocket!!. This experience alone has left such a bad taste that I will now not stay at any holiday inns in future.

It is also worth noting that we were shown to a table in the restaurant & then left for 10 mins before anyone took our order. In fact we had to get up & ask someone to serve us!! With a young hungry child this is not acceptable. Also when in the restaurant we asked for a berries cider & after 15 mins was informed the don't have any of that flavour, however after dinner we sat in the bar ( the same bar the restaurant use) where I was able to get a berries cider?!

The room itself was comfy, although the bathroom was tiny & had bits missing of the shower.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Mel r
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi there, Mel r!

I came across your review and it disappoints me to see that you had a forgettable stay due to your dismay with our pre-authorization policy and service level. What you described certainly isn't what we want for our guests. I've noted your feedback and shared this with the hotel. They will make sure that actions will be taken so this does not happen again. We have also sent you a private message to gather more details about your visit.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We would like to make it up to you, so when you visit the area again, I hope you give us another try.

Regards,

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have just spent a Saturday night here after booking the hotel in one of the weekend Legoland deals, the hotel is about 15mins from Legoland so nice and close. We had a family room which consisted of two double beds which were nice and comfy, the bathroom was basic but clean. We had a ground floor room at the beginning of the corridor so I was concerned by potential noise, however the windows and doors did a brilliant job and we weren't disturbed all night.

The hotel is a nice size and has the health club attached, its has a nice gym area and also a good pool. The kids used the swimming pool and loved it and it was all nice and clean, towels are provided to you when you go into the health club which saves bringing your own. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and I had a Gourmet Burger and my wife had a Chicken Burger, both were very nice but nothing outstanding. The kids eat free from the kids buffet which included sausages, chicken nuggets, fish fingers, pasta, peas, chips, beans and a pancake machine. The fish fingers weren't the best but the sausages were nice and plenty for them to eat. There is also a nice bar area that shows Sky were you can enjoy a vino or beer or coffee in an afternoon or evening.

We also had the breakfast which again was very nice; plenty of cereals, breads, fruit and a full buffet with sausages, bacon, eggs, beans and hash browns. The dining area was packed for breakfast and we sat in the bar area which I recommend, a lot quieter and plenty of room.

If you are heading to Legoland then its also quite handy as the hotel is right next door to a garage that has a Spar and a Greggs, we bought lunch here for the second day as prices are extortionate in the park. Also worth a mention, the hotel has very friendly and polite staff that are a credit to the business both in the bar, restaurant and reception. All in all, its a nice hotel for an overnight stay that has great facilities and allows you to have a drink and a nice meal whilst recovering from the queues at Legoland.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Georgina V, Front Office Team at Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear DavidWent,

Thank you for writing your positive review of our hotel.

Im so pleased to hear that you had a lovely stay with us and that our staff looked after you while you stay with us, its what we take pride in ensuring all our guest have a great stay.

I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Front Office Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have used this location for attending weddings and have come across this lovely gent who showed great customer care with great emotional intelligence. Whatever I needed, I received with great professionalism.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Dear HKausar,

Thank you for taking time to leave your positive review of our hotel.

I'm pleased to hear that you had a good stay with us and that our staff looked after you, i will mention your review to Daniel in which i'm sure he will be happy to receive positive feedback.

I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel in the near future,

kind regards,

Front Office Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm going to start with the positives, firstly the staff are great and check in was smooth. Breakfast was excellent offering a wide and various choice suitable for all tastes. However there were a few issues to raise concerns over, the place needs an overall without a doubt. On the second night it was impossible to sleep, the room next door decided it was party time till 4.30 am and apparently this can happen most Saturday nights. Would I stay again and the answer has got to be a No.

Room Tip: Ask For a quiet room
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Georgina V, Front Office Supervisor at Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear livingthedreem,

Thank you for taking time to leave your review of our hotel.

I'm pleased to hear that our staff looked after you and that you enjoyed our breakfast selection.

I will mention your comments about it being noisy to our nights team and see how we can improve our services for the near future, thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Kind regards,