“Good place for a quick meal.”

Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Maidenhead
London, United Kingdom
“Good place for a quick meal.”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had dropped my clients off at The Waterside Inn at Bray and had few hours to kill while they ate their way through about £400.00. I need somewhere to park, eat and use the toilet. The Sat Nav threw out the Holiday Inn, Maidenhead. Only a couple of miles away so off I go. Loads of parking and free. It was late, about 9 o'clock and I went straight into the dining room expecting the usual "sorry Sir we have finished serving" but was shown straight away to a table and asked for my room number. When I informed the waitress I was not a resident it was not a problem. I ordered a sparkling mineral water and the beef provencale (braised beef). It arrived piping hot (from the micro-wave) but you know what? It wasn't bad. Tasty and plenty of it and not a bit of fat on the beef. I then ordered Black Forest Gateau which I think is Polish for Chocolate Mousse. I couldn't be bothered to question it so I ate it. The food was acceptable and very reasonably priced. The waitress brought the bill and asked me to sign with my room number!
The toilets were spotless and the lounge area was full of families with a friendly atmosphere.

Room Tip: I didn't stay the night but looked a decent hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SteveHarron, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thanks for your review following your brief visit to the hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal even though I'm sure it didn't come close to your friends meal in Bray! Sorry about the dessert mix up, but hope the chocolate mousse satisfied your craving.
Thanks again for taking the time to write about us.
Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
notts
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We Stayed one night as part of a coach excursion to Windsor and Kew Gardens.
The check in was quick and efficient, the room was clean and had everything you could want for a one night stay. The evening meal was buffet style with plenty of choice for starter, main and dessert ! the staff worked hard and were all very pleasant. Breakfast next morning was just as good ,with help yourself to either full english or continental !!! The hotel was full and the dining room was not big enough to accommodate everyone, this resulted in a queue forming and the easiest option was to sit in the lounge area to eat, it must happen a lot as the tables there were set !! After everyone returned to their room ,the hotel was quiet !!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the review and of course the 5 stars! Glad to read that you enjoyed your overnight stay with us and that the team looked after you. Yes, our restaurant could do with being a little bigger on some days but hope the lounge area was just as (or perhaps even more?) comfortable.
Thanks again for writing about us.
Rainhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Stay here with work quite a lot, it's a nice hotel, staff are very friendly the place is clean, there is lots and lots of free parking which is great if you are in the car.

The only problem is that it's quite expensive for a holiday inn I think. It used to be around £100 per night but now it can be £150 which I think is too much for a holiday inn.

• Stayed April 2013
Thanks for writing about us! I was delighted to read that you have returned to us a lot through your work travel. If you and some of your colleagues visit often I'm sure we can organise a special price for your company? Please give us a call if you think this is something you'd be interested in.
Thanks again for writing and i do hope we will continue to see you at Maidenhead.
Newcastle under Lyme, UK
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Room size was good, tv large. Clean all good.

The bar prices are way over the top, I was looking forward to a few beers relaxing watching the sport but in the end retired to the room for a few drinks from tesco. If the price was lower I would be more inclined to stay and drink more but £4.25 a Pint and £5 for a small glass of wine is day light robbery.

The pool is good except for the old ladies complaining that you are swimming in their lane? What lane, it's a small swimming pool! Go to a proper pool not a hotel pool.

Had an evening meal which was good, kids eat free from a kiddie buffet which they loved. Didn't think much of the £4.25 service charge, thought that went out with the ark. Next time ill go to a local pub.

Breakfast was very good.

Staff nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Take your own drink.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I recently stayed here with my husband and 2 children aged 9 and 5. We had been to Legoland and used this hotel for a one night stay. I cannot fault it. We were warmly welcomed at reception, given all the relevant info we needed. The children were given activity packs. Our room was an excellent executive suite with large bed and 2 single beds for the children. It was very clean lovely and warm and had a large tv which the kids loved. The evening meal was great and the childrens buffet had a large selection of dishes.

The next morning we all used the pool which was great and i also had a sauna. Again very clean and the staff very helpful. The children were not happy to leave to visit legoland again!

Would recommend this great hotel with great food and room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank debbie t
Telford
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here recently for a legoland holiday. At first from the outside view we were not impressed, but once inside we had a pleasant surprise at every turn. The pool was great clean and good for my young children. All the staff we came into contact with were very helpful and friendly. The food in the restaurant was superb value and good quality, and the kids ate free from a buffet that was packed full with all their favourites.
The free milk and cookies were a big hit too and the playroom. Because they were happy we were happy and the hotel is still as big a talking point as legoland! Made the holiday! X

• Stayed April 2013
Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

As a Gold card holder I've stayed at a fair few Holiday Inn hotels and this was a real mixed bag. Let's start at the beginning. Easy to find and loads of parking, even though we arrived mid evening. Receptionist greeted us ok, but not exactly welcoming. Executive Room was clean, light & spacious, with an extra King size bed, mini bar, flat screen tv etc. However the bathroom was miniscule. You'd be pushed to swing a small cat in it. We ordered a bar meal and drinks. The food was very good quality and service ok, as long as you could understand the accent! I lip read and found it difficult, however the chap was very pleasant and I'm not complaining. Slept like a log. Breakfast on our first morning was not good at all. Clearly not enough staff with some of them making it clear by their moaning that they were not happy. I had pre ordered flowers for the room to be delivered later. I was really pleased that these were well-placed in our room when we returned ater that day. That's why this review is Average and not Poor. Second night and again the quality of the food was excellent but the service this time was appalling. Waited for ages for drinks and food. Three guys were running around like headless chickens. It took the English barman from the main restaurant to sort our order out. He wasn't happy, I was fuming. Following another excellent night's kip, we had breakfast, again this was poor and again the staff made it clear they were unhappy with something. Would I stay here again; once more just to see if things had improved.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get an Executive room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BOR15
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear BOR15,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service, and food selection marred your experience preventing you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidenhead
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor
The Thames Hotel
The Thames Hotel
#7 of 11 in Maidenhead

Been to Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor? Share your experiences!