“Excellent budget option”

Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Maidenhead
“Excellent budget option”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We booked this hotel for a weekend break away in Windsor and were really impressed. We had never stayed in a Holiday Inn before, as we normally tend to book feature hotels, but decided to give this a go as we had some money off vouchers. The room we were allocated was large, clean and with everything provided that you would deem necessary including an iron and ironing board! The bed was really comfortable. We ate in the restaurant for one evening and for breakfasts. Not overly impressed by the breakfast i.e. not good quality sausages, but having said that there was lots of options on what to eat and all very well cooked and presented. A reduced menu was offered one evening due to a wedding party being in the hotel, but having said that the food was good. Overall, we were very impressed and wouldn't hesitate to book here again. Located about 10 minutes car drive (with huge car park) from Windsor also very convenient for exploring.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in March while on a trip to UK to The Fat Duck. Got a great deal on bookings.com. Close to maidenhead and bray.
Beds not very comfy but food nice, and everything clean. Staff very friendly

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed here back in September 2012 to go to a wedding nearby. Although it looks a little dreary from the outside, the lounge, bar and restaurant are all spacious and welcoming. Check-in was quick and easy and the room large and well-equipped. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice...

Although this is still a fairly non-descript chain hotel, it is far better than many others and is well worth considering if you are in the area!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Holeedayz,

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bexhill, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Been here 3 times now as love the location and pool. Plenty of parking, reception staff welcoming and milk and cookies for children. Room comfy, bathroom a bit small.
Only issue was evening meal was booked as a deal with the room but was quite poor really. One grumpy staff member in restaurant, wouldn't allow our 12 year old to order from the adult menu ( he is bigger than me!) so he had a tiny portion from a Timmy Time menu much to his embarrassment. The specials menu was tasteless and disappointing. Breakfast however was lovely, great selection especially the pancake machine! Staff much friendlier in the morning.
Lovely swim in the pool as always, nice size with separate baby/toddler pool and jacuzzi

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have a family wedding coming up and as soon as we got the invites over 4-5 mths ago I tried 6 times in total to book a family room at the special rate, as mentioned in the invite.
Every single time I was told that although they tried, they couldn't book it but someone would get back to me...... They NEVER did! I tried the main reservation number as well as the main desk in the actual hotel. I was also reassured that they had plenty of family rooms available, well tonight the guy that answered the phone promised he would ring me back within a few minutes, (after telling me the same as all the previous staff) after waiting one and a half hours I rang back to be told by a lady that all family rooms had gone, as well as the family and friends rate! For me, my husband, and 3 boys, we would have to book 3 rooms now!!!!!!!! So which son shall I leave in a room on his own? The 1yr old or the 4yr old?! Was it my fault that I never rang back on a weekly basis? I am frustrated and disgusted by this hotel chain, no manager to talk to either apparently. They don't need your business....... Will avoid at all cost in the future.

Room Tip: Don't bother?!
1 Thank Customserviceexpert
SteveHarron, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Clearly we have messed up here and what you describe is completely unacceptable and I have to say extremely unusual to say the least.
Our in hotel reservations are manned during normal office hours and in addition to our reception team out of hours we also have 24hr central reservations numbers so I am not sure why making the booking was so difficult.
Without more specific details it is very difficult for me to comment further other than to apologise for the unacceptable service. If I can be of assistance in any way please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.
Hopefully we can assist in some way and find a solution.
Yours faithfully
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

From the outside this hotel looks like many other Holiday Inn's its when you get inside its different. This started right when we checked in with every effort shown to ensure we had a comfortable stay. All questions answered with good knowledge with helpful advice. My kids loved the Milk and cookies served after 5 and the food which included free kids meals if 1 Adult meal was ordered only confirmed our opinion that this hotel knows how to look after families.

The pool and leisure club were excellent, clean and well run facilities and the pool not being too deep was great for kids not getting out their depth.

I can best summarise this hotel in being that the staff being keen to make sure everything is done to make your stay comfortable, we even had a free chocolate bar and water in the room - now which other Hotel offers that?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the great review and 5 stars, much appreciated! Glad to read that you had a good break away and enjoyed your stay, hope we'll see you again soon!
Regards
Droitwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had occasion to stay at this Hotel with my son recently. The check in was smooth professional with every effort shown to ensure we had a comfortable stay. All questions answered with good knowledge with helpful advice. Indeed to Milk and cookies for my son on arrival hit the right buttons ! Room 111 was spacious with huge beds, crisp clean linen and good attention to detail. The pool and good health centre was very clean & professionally run. The evening meal we had was of good quality whilst the service was exceptional…the staff were so helpful I felt as if I had had a VIP badge affixed to me. At breakfast things got even better with a Birthday Cake arriving and Marion ( Manageress) making sure everything was just right for us. Her efforts were beyond that of any similar style hotel I have ever visited. Even check was a breeze with the staff making sure everything was done quickly and professionally without losing site that 'I was paying and I expect good service for my dollar'. An exceptional hotel from a service perspective with superb facilities.

Room Tip: Room 111 …on ground level with no noise although within close proximity of all facilities…two huge k...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the great review and 5 stars - much appreciated! I was delighted to read of your experiences when staying recently and I hope we can welcome you again soon!
Thanks again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidenhead
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor
The Thames Hotel
The Thames Hotel
#7 of 11 in Maidenhead

Been to Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor? Share your experiences!