Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Thames Hotel(Maidenhead)
$62
$127
$118
Agoda.com
Norfolk House Hotel(Maidenhead)(Great Value!)
$92
Premier Inn Maidenhead Town Centre(Maidenhead)(Great Value!)
$59
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
$38
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,187 results
All reviewsmilk and cookieshealth clublegoland packagepancake machineleisure facilitiesactivity packplay areatwo double bedsbar areakids buffetchanging roomsplay roomswimming poolkids eat freefamily hotelvisiting legolandexecutive room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Had I paid in advance or not? I certainly had a reservation number but apparently my card had been declined (why didn't anybody contact me, why did they reserve the room if my card had been declined?).

The only reason I've marked service and breakfast as one star is because I couldn't give it NO stars. The Receptionist said very loudly that my card had been declined when when there was a queue behind us which was embarassing.

Drinks at the Bar were very expensive - a beer and lemonade £5.30 - and service extremely slow because there was only one person covering Reception and the Bar in the evening, It always amazes me that the management don't consider that if drinks were cheaper people would buy more and the Hotel would make more profit.

Breakfast was poor in the extreme, both coffee and hot chocolate very poor quality as were the sasuages.

On a more positive note the room was nice, the bed comfortable and there was a good shower.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
SteveHarron, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thanks for your comments following your recent stay. It is difficult to answers some of your points without knowing your booking details but I can only imagine we would have tried to contact you prior to arrival if there was an error with your card details, but it is possible we didn't have those contact details if you had booked through a third party. Either way we certainly should have dealt with the situation more discreetly and I'm sorry for the embarrassment this caused. Disappointed to hear your comments on breakfast drinks and sausages, all our items are premium branded eg Galaxy Hot Chocolate, Lincolnshire sausages etc so not sure why we got it so wrong that day.
I was glad to read it wasn't all bad and the room was good and clean and you had great shower. Hope we do have a chance to see you again to show we can get it right.
Regards

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here with my partner on the weekend of 19th Oct and was pleasantly surprised when I walked in. From the outside the hotel looks like its in dire need of a remodel but inside it was lovely and welcoming. The two girls on reception, who's names I can't quite recall were very very helpful and gave us a quick lowdown of the local area and some helpful maps. The rooms were great, just what I was expecting, bit noisy but understandable. Spacious, mini bar, fridge, good telly etc... Bed was a bit too hard for me but my partner liked it.
The leisure facilities were also good albeit water temp in the pool being a bit chilly. Staff were very very friendly.
The only downside was the buffet dinner & breakfast, Cold, looked horrible and unappetizing. The only real negative really was the food. Recommend the hotel but don't get dinner/b&b rates, not worth it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights when we were going to Ascot. It is a very pleasant hotel with a lovely swimming pool. The room was quite small but had everything that we needed. It is an ideal place to stay if you are going to Ascot race course. It was only a short drive to Ascot. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to review us following your trip to the races, glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you had some good fortune with Frankle at Ascot.
Hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Regards

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here recently with a large group. In our party we had booked disabled room as well.
Eventhoguh this is a disabled room and room was large enough although I would suggest they have twin beds in these rooms. As for the bathroom this was large and down side was it had a bath in it... shouldnt this really be a wet room??? as most wheelchair users we know are unable to get into a bath.
So if you book a disabled room then do check what is in the room.

Another members of our party had walking difficulties and there room was the other end of the hotel, we did ask to move but were told no other rooms were free.

If you can not walk upstairs then when booking make sure your room is not in old part of the hotel (numbers 400 onwards) as there is no lift and the stairs are steep.

Overall the rooms are quite small but have everything in them and were clean. the only bad things was the BEDS you might as well sleep on the floor!

The food the hotel was ok At breakfast there was a nice selection but to get a cup of tea or coffee you might have to wait half an hour as the staff didnt respond to our requests. There is not much selection on the bar menu.

Room Tip: check room location
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments and observations on the hotel's adapted rooms. We have 5 adapted rooms in the hotel, one of which has a 'wet room', the others have lowered baths with showers. As you will appreciate not all disabilities involve using a wheel chair and our rooms try and reflect the varying needs of a broad range of disabilities. I am sorry if you felt this particular room did not meet all your needs, however I would advise when staying at any hotel, that any specific requirements you may have are discussed prior to arrival to ensure they can allocate appropriate rooms.
I am confident that should you return we would be able to accommodate your needs much better given some notice.
Thank you again for taking the time to write about us and I hope we do see you again.
Kind regards

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for two nights when attending our best friends wedding. After intial issues with our reservation – trying to book a special rate for the wedding we were told there were not rooms left at this rate and we would be charged double what we should have been. It took the father of the bride going down the day before his daughter’s wedding to sort it out (not just us!) when I am sure he had better things to do/

Check-in was easy and quick as there were three receptionists on duty. We went up to the room but after a couple of minutes realised we had been placed above the air condition units outside and the noise was really loud. Even closing the heavy duty curtains did nothing to dull the noise and at 8 months pregnant I really need to sleep! My husband went downstairs to the reception and they changed the room straight away to the quietest part of the hotel.

Having arrived late (approx 10:30pm) we didn’t go down to the bar for a drink and on walking through it to get the room am very glad we didn’t. There were 5 or 6 children running round the bar, screaming, throwing cushions and toys from the kids area, which was clearly bothering several other couples but there was not a parent in sight to control them. As mentioned, there is a separate kids area which is a great idea, but only when the kids stay in it!

The rooms are comfy, clean and simple…quite the opposite of breakfast time. Working in hotels I understand Sunday morning breakfast is the busiest meal time of the week but this was just chaos. There were tables set in the bar – a great idea for the overflow – but we still queued for over 20 minutes and when I dared sit down at one for a few minutes (8 months pregnant) I was swiftly moved on by a waiter who said it was reserved?! The noise was something else entirely, and for those with hangovers (the majority of my friends) it was not a pleasant experience. Queuing for juice, for cereal, for hot items and for toast got rather boring towards the end.

For a place to stay to break up a journey or just for a bed/shower it is a good hotel. Do not go for a getaway weekend with the other half, to relax or for a quiet time…you’d be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet suide of the hotel (what would be the back) away from the function rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends