“Not Great”
Review of Blue River Cafe

Blue River Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue River Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 160 Restaurants in Maidenhead
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on the River Thames, it has the ideal scenery with a large beer garden and terrace perfect for summer dining. Indoors is spacious, with comfy seating areas and live sports throughout the day. Live music is also available on Friday evenings in our bar area.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nice location. Sharing plates were good but the main course a let down. we were the only 4 in the restaurant yet one of the main courses was missed which meant one eating on their own. 2 had beef pie which was average and uninspiring and one bland fish pie. The burger was good but was just a burger in a bun - no onion or relish. Have eaten here many times but today was a let down.

RStenson, Manager at Blue River Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your feedback and my sincere apologies that you did not enjoy the food as much as usual. I have passed on your feedback to our Chef who will provide further training in the kitchen. I do hope you come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Went for Sunday lunch with my family. Whilst the food was perfectly tasty and the service was good, it was nothing special and the prices were bordering on the obscene.
I ordered a burger for my son, and in addition to the standard price they charge £2.00 to add a slice of cheese and a further £2.00 to add some bacon. What kind of cheese costs £2.00 a slice? That's just taking a liberty. The price of drinks was no better. Honestly, given the total outlay for what was a just a simple lunch, I won't be rushing back.

Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your feedback, and apologise that you were not satisfied with our pricing for additional extras. I have passed on your comments to the Chef and The General Manager at The Thames Riviera, so we may review our prices. I do hope that this one off experience has not put you off joining us again.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I Love coming here every month with my Lovely Partner and have always enjoyed the food immensly.
The Steaks are always excellent and juicy and cooked just right and are really lovely Big portions.
Sadly for us they have changed our favourite starter that was Scallops and Prawns with nice fresh bread to something totally different . Dont think we will have that anymore. Will still come back here and guess we will skip the starters from now on and have a dessert.

Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your feedback. I am very glad that you enjoy our steaks, however sad that your favourite starter didn’t make our new menu! We do however offer an alternative which is seared scallops however as you know our desserts are just as tasty! I will be looking forward to welcoming you back again next month, and thanks again for your kind words.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

It's a beautiful restaurant situated on the bank of the river and the interior of the building is very impressive with its high ceilings and period features. The service was excellent and the portions were quite generous and attractively presented but the food was rather bland - I had ordered spicy veggie burger but I think the spice must have been mislaid on the way from the kitchen as it wasn't nearly as tasty as it was claimed to be - the chips were lovely, though. My husband had pork - that too was fairly good but he felt it could have been tastier. On the other hand, my brother-in-law had a starter of mussels followed by roast rack of lamb - both portions were very generousl and he was very pleased with his meal. (I really liked the location and the atmosphere so I'll probably go again but I'll order a more conventional dish that hopefully can't be spoiled.)

RStenson, Manager at Blue River Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us at The Blue River Café. I am glad that you found our portions generous, as we like our guests to leave feeling full and satisfied! I am concerned however that you found our food bland, I have passed on your comments to the Chef and can re-assure you that our food is usually full of colourful favours and different spices, especially the spicy veggie burger. I do hope you come visit us again soon and look forward to welcoming you back to the Blue River Café

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great location, good prices, good beer selection, friendly staff... Sometimes the food is a little slow coming out, but thats because its ultra fresh, and you can tell...

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is great that our hard word is being valued. All our food we cook here is local produced plus it is prepared and cooked on the day. I do hope you come visit us again soon at The Blue River Café, and thank you again for your feedback.