“Delicious food, served with a moody waitress!”
Review of Thai Square - Maidenhead - CLOSED

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I've given this four stars as the food was delicious and of excellent quality. There were 12 of us on a business dinner, and to be fair, we didn't get there till 9.30pm, so I can understand a little that the staff probably fancied an early night, but they don't shut till 11, so I feel they could have been a bit more welcoming.
The main point though is obviously the food, and we had a lot of different dishes between us with no complaints from anyone, so that in itself is testament to the quality. I would say it's pricey though, but fortunately for us it was on expenses! I would go again though, and if you do, I would recommend one of the set meals as they're better value and you get lots of variety.

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Friday evening, a last minute decision for a cheapish meal out.
We went for the fixed price menu, starter and main for £13.95 per head.
For starters We had Thai dumplings and chicken satay - both nice, but not outstanding.
Main course massaman curry which was excellent (could have been a bit bigger!). Thai green curry also excellent. Also served piping hot.

Only negatives were the temperature of the restaurant - could have been a bit warmer and the two staff that served us were both rather grumpy :((

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Food was nice but would not say it was amazing. Service is good and the has great decor and atmosphere. Would go again.

1  Thank Jay1001
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I used to quite enjoy going to this restaurant regularly with either family or friends however my last visit unfortunately put me off!

It's a shame that this restaurant is a little way out of the town centre - quite a few people probably don't even know it's there! We went in on a Saturday lunch time around 1pm and were the only people there!
The waiter didn't look very happy but service was decent enough. We ordered from the two course lunch menu which is a good deal for what you get.

Starters came quite quickly and we were enjoying them until I just happened to look at my son's 'chicken on toast' (which he was halfway through by that point).
The chicken underneath the sesame seeds was RAW and COLD whereas the toast was hot. (My son is only four so probably didn't notice this like I did!) To be honest I was pretty disgusted that the dish had even left the kitchen in that state!

Having got my son to spit out the mouthful I called the waiter who didn't seem too concerned but did quickly take the dish away and offered to replace it with a properly cooked version!
The replacement dish came just as quickly and I scrutinised it thoroughly before giving it to my son! However I did spend the rest of the day worrying! Luckily there were no ill-effects!

It's sad because we haven't been back since - this experience definitely marred our view of the restaurant!

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Went to the Thai square for a meal, was a nice Thai meal all in all.

Staff were friendly and food was nice not amazing but certainly nice.

Would go back