“Good food but a bit expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Thai Square - Maidenhead - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food but a bit expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Food was nice but would not say it was amazing. Service is good and the has great decor and atmosphere. Would go again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jay1001

Ascot, Berkshire
“I used to like it but.......”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I used to quite enjoy going to this restaurant regularly with either family or friends however my last visit unfortunately put me off!

It's a shame that this restaurant is a little way out of the town centre - quite a few people probably don't even know it's there! We went in on a Saturday lunch time around 1pm and were the only people there!
The waiter didn't look very happy but service was decent enough. We ordered from the two course lunch menu which is a good deal for what you get.

Starters came quite quickly and we were enjoying them until I just happened to look at my son's 'chicken on toast' (which he was halfway through by that point).
The chicken underneath the sesame seeds was RAW and COLD whereas the toast was hot. (My son is only four so probably didn't notice this like I did!) To be honest I was pretty disgusted that the dish had even left the kitchen in that state!

Having got my son to spit out the mouthful I called the waiter who didn't seem too concerned but did quickly take the dish away and offered to replace it with a properly cooked version!
The replacement dish came just as quickly and I scrutinised it thoroughly before giving it to my son! However I did spend the rest of the day worrying! Luckily there were no ill-effects!

It's sad because we haven't been back since - this experience definitely marred our view of the restaurant!

• Visited June 2013
“Good selection - nice food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Went to the Thai square for a meal, was a nice Thai meal all in all.

Staff were friendly and food was nice not amazing but certainly nice.

Would go back

• Visited June 2013
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Pretty good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We walked in without a reservation early-ish on a Saturday evening and found a nice table for 2. Great choice on the menu plus specials and recommendations, and very nice service. Food arrived fairly quickly, starters probably looked a bit better than they tasted but still pretty good (and fresh). Mains, a spicy noodle dish (very hot) and a very nice king prawn dish with coconut rice (recommended) were really very good, reasonably priced as was the wine which was chosen from a decent list. You can never go wrong with Chang beer either. Service was pleasant and we agreed that we would be back soon.

• Visited February 2013
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“An excellent lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Boss too me here for lunch and I have to say what an excellent choice. I have been back since and again had a excellent meal.
The lunch is buffet style and there is lots of it. You wont leave hungry.

Well worth a quick visit.

Visited September 2012