“One night stay”

The Lawn Guest House
Ranked #8 of 20 Maidenhead B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed for 1 night while we visited The Fat Duck restaurant. Room was clean and nice - a little tired but still fine except no curtain - blind did not block out much light. Freeview TV and ipod dock - very handy! Shower in bathroom was really lovely and breakfast and waitress were very very good. Would def recommend this guest house. Very good value for money

Room Tip: Room 3 at back of guest house - quiet but no curtains
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MoverShaker80

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Based on good reviews we booked two rooms for an early start to the Paralympics at Dorney. We had a double and a twin both furnished in the style I remember at home in the 60's. Functional and clean. The cat would have had a migraine in the en suite but for one night with an early exit this was fine. Indeed the early exit did not allow us to enjoy the superbly presented breakfast. Philip went out of his way to be helpful and we would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: We had room 10 under the eaves. It was hot so the windows were open allowing some noise in but it ha...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed at the Lawn Guest House over the weekend of August 10th/11th to attend a nearby wedding, and had the best time!
Phillip welcomed us on arrival and showed us to our room. It was lovely and cosy, with a newly refurbed bathroom. They had provided us with a travel cot for our daughter, and with that included - the room was still spacious!
Phillip was lovely and friendly, always available to help and for a chat.
The best part of the stay by far though was the AMAZING breakfasts....!!! Totally the best cooked breakfast iv had in my life, so we took advantage and had one both mornings. The staff were all friendly and helpful, and very attentive.
The Lawn Guest House is set on a beautiful road, full of equally enormous houses/guest houses, in a beautiful area, and very quiet. We slept very well both nights.

Thankyou all very much - We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Hannah L
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My Partner and I stayed here on Sat 11th August as we had reservations at the Fat Duck Restaurant and we had a very enjoyable stay.
The Proprietor welcomed us and showed us to our room which was very nice. A large comfortable room with a newly re-furbished bathroom. We were going to get a taxi the restauarnt and he very kindly offered to take us.The village of Bray was only approx 10 mins away so the guest house is very conviently located.
On Sunday morning we had a lovely breakfast and the staff were very pleasant. I would not hesitate to go back and stay here again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlifromLichers
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights during my volunteering time at Eton Dorney for the Olympics as it very close walking distance to the train station and shuttle buses. Philip and his team were great! The room was clean and very comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble - I was made to feel very welcomed. Breakfast was great and the team started early for me as I had to be Dorney before their normal breakfast starting time which was really appreciated. There was lots of other nice touches like lending me a computer mouse when mine got broke; providing me with ice cold water for my car journey home... great customer service!! ** Thanks ** Well Recommended

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Tara D
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights to attend a wedding nearby. The owner is extremely helpful, giving me take away suggestions and even bringing the take away to my room with a plate and cutlery. I stayed in a budget single (own shower and sink with shared toilet) but it was very comfortable and reasonably priced at £50. Breakfast was probably the best part of the stay - a massive selection cooked to order including a fruit salad with at least 15 different types of fruit in it. The poached eggs were cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend the Lawn Guest House.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My wife and I spent one night here and one of our lasting memories is of the warm and friendly welcome we received from members of the staff. This continued the following morning and I realised what was special was that all the members of staff we met were obviously happy in their jobs which, in my experience, is very unusual.
And breakfast was very good as well!
A son and his family have just returned to England and, until they buy a house, we will be staying at The Lawns whenever we visit them.

Ian C