“Sunday lunch”
Review of The Belvedere Arms

The Belvedere Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Belvedere Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 47 Restaurants in Ascot
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
“Sunday lunch”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Dropped in late for lunch with family. Seated straight away, great service. Menu was fab. The whole chicken was way too big for the children but very good value. Other roasts were good. The service throughout was consistent and attentive. All in all somewhere we will definitely return to

Windsor, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Perfect Sunday, red wine,Camembert and hot chocolates. What really made the experience so amazing was the service by jack the bar man. Nothing was to much trouble, and he managed sort it so we could eat next to the log fire rather than in the restaurant. We would definitely return due to the service we received from him. We look forward to seeing
Him again. fantastic location and selection of wines.

Bisley, United Kingdom
“Summer and Winter choice”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great atmosphere and usually pretty busy. The service and food is good and well priced although sometimes the 'waiting time' is rather long. However, we were pleasantly surprised when bread and humous was given to us on a complimentary basis when we sat down, so now if the wait is rather long, diners have something to nibble on which is great. Always worth a visit whether it be for drinks or food.

• Visited October 2013
london
“Lunch at the Belvedere Arms”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Me and my boyfriend had just been on a night away and wanted to stop somewhere for a good priced late lunch on a Friday.

We have driven past the Belvedere Arms often so thought we would pop inside. The atmosphere was okay, quite quiet but it was probably the time of day!

The staff were friendly and attentive we had a lovely chat with one waitress who was travelling from New Zealand.

We went to the bar and ordered a glass of white wine and a bottle of cider, I picked the wine off of the menu because of price and was asked did I want Spanish or South African. I chose the other country to the one I saw on the menu.

We sat down, ordered from the fixed price menu and paid extra for the steak sandwich which was so so bland. I never feel the need to use salt and pepper on my food but had to season with pepper to give it some sort of taste. We also weren't offered tomato ketchup or any sauces. We had to get up and find these ourselves. We had chicken wings for starter which came with more watermelon than it did chicken.

I had the same menu at another pub in Thames Ditton and the food was cooked much better and presented much nicer.

We shared a Churros dessert which was nice and asked for the bill.

We had set up a tab so once this was sorted I was shocked at the price of the bill! I have spent less or around the same on much nicer dinners! The price of the wine had shot up to £8 which was much more than the one I had picked from the menu! I think this should have been pointed out to me at the bar when ordering as I picked my wine by price in front of the barmaid and I have and would never pay so much money for 1 glass of white wine. I also ordered a pint of lemonade and orange juice which I actually overheard the girl behind the bar come and tell our waitress off about. She said that the way she had typed it in meant I had been charged for two pints and not one but why wasn't this rectified or at least mentioned to us??

Anyway based on this really I can't see us returning.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank LondonMember1
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rowdy youth bellowing in the bar made for a terrible experience”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Complimentary bread starter designed to remove teeth, otherwise food ok. but... no Peroni, no pies, no decaf coffee, no soap in ladies toilets. Young servers have that knack of avoiding all eye or even table contact. Extremely noisy bar with local well heeled youth prevented any conversation, despite complaints from a number of tables of guests, to both servers and management. Totally inadequately dealt with by the manager. "What can I do?" ... 'stop serving them drink and ask them to leave' might have been an idea. Was a regular visitor, able to put up with the poor service, but wont be returning again. Awful. Simply Awful.

• Visited October 2013