“Summer and Winter choice”
Review of The Belvedere Arms

The Belvedere Arms
Ranked #17 of 47 Restaurants in Ascot
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great atmosphere and usually pretty busy. The service and food is good and well priced although sometimes the 'waiting time' is rather long. However, we were pleasantly surprised when bread and humous was given to us on a complimentary basis when we sat down, so now if the wait is rather long, diners have something to nibble on which is great. Always worth a visit whether it be for drinks or food.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Me and my boyfriend had just been on a night away and wanted to stop somewhere for a good priced late lunch on a Friday.

We have driven past the Belvedere Arms often so thought we would pop inside. The atmosphere was okay, quite quiet but it was probably the time of day!

The staff were friendly and attentive we had a lovely chat with one waitress who was travelling from New Zealand.

We went to the bar and ordered a glass of white wine and a bottle of cider, I picked the wine off of the menu because of price and was asked did I want Spanish or South African. I chose the other country to the one I saw on the menu.

We sat down, ordered from the fixed price menu and paid extra for the steak sandwich which was so so bland. I never feel the need to use salt and pepper on my food but had to season with pepper to give it some sort of taste. We also weren't offered tomato ketchup or any sauces. We had to get up and find these ourselves. We had chicken wings for starter which came with more watermelon than it did chicken.

I had the same menu at another pub in Thames Ditton and the food was cooked much better and presented much nicer.

We shared a Churros dessert which was nice and asked for the bill.

We had set up a tab so once this was sorted I was shocked at the price of the bill! I have spent less or around the same on much nicer dinners! The price of the wine had shot up to £8 which was much more than the one I had picked from the menu! I think this should have been pointed out to me at the bar when ordering as I picked my wine by price in front of the barmaid and I have and would never pay so much money for 1 glass of white wine. I also ordered a pint of lemonade and orange juice which I actually overheard the girl behind the bar come and tell our waitress off about. She said that the way she had typed it in meant I had been charged for two pints and not one but why wasn't this rectified or at least mentioned to us??

Anyway based on this really I can't see us returning.

1  Thank LondonMember1
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Complimentary bread starter designed to remove teeth, otherwise food ok. but... no Peroni, no pies, no decaf coffee, no soap in ladies toilets. Young servers have that knack of avoiding all eye or even table contact. Extremely noisy bar with local well heeled youth prevented any conversation, despite complaints from a number of tables of guests, to both servers and management. Totally inadequately dealt with by the manager. "What can I do?" ... 'stop serving them drink and ask them to leave' might have been an idea. Was a regular visitor, able to put up with the poor service, but wont be returning again. Awful. Simply Awful.

1  Thank philparker2013
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Not a bad roast, but rather a long wait as they were so busy. There did not seem to be enough staff. It was so noisy in there you could barely hear what the person next door was saying to you. Would not rush back.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

great atmosphere and food.staff very friendly and helpful
always visit when we are in windsor.
its a must