“Good food, poor service!”
Review of The Belvedere Arms

The Belvedere Arms
Ranked #19 of 46 Restaurants in Ascot
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, poor service!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was a lunchtime visit with friends (3 total) in May 2013.

I have visited The Belvedere Arms many times over the years, the atmosphere is normally very warm and welcoming. The restaurant itself has ample parking, a lovely seating area out front and nice restaurant inside.

Upon arrival, we had to wait a few minutes while numerous staff walked passed and ignored us waiting. Finally, we had to approach 1 member of staff to ask if we could have a table, her reply was "Yes, let me just finish what i'm doing" (typing on a till) - the pub was quiet with less than 5 tables and a member of staff could have assisted - this was a bad start.

We were finally seated and quickly offered a drink. The service could only be described as "plain" - nothing special, no smile, no enthusiasm - the same level of service you get from the supermarket staff scanning your items.

The food was ordered and arrived very quickly - it was fantastic. Hats off to the chef as we all enjoyed our meals. I can't fault the food at all.

DOGS - as an aside, the pub does allow dogs. However, this needs to be reviewed. I don't mind dogs if they sit quietly, however, in this case there was constant barking throughout the lunch period, each time someone walked in the dog barked like crazy. This really spoilt the atmosphere . Bring your dog, but if it is going to bark at everyone, sit outside!

Finally - I will seriously consider going elsewhere next time. This is a shame as the food is good, but the service is so poor.

• Visited May 2013

Germiston, South Africa
“Contemporary pub”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very close to the Coworth Park hotel where we spent 2 nights. Dinner at Belvedere was a great experience. The meals were good, the atmosphere friendly and warm. We arrived unannounced and they were able to accommodate our group of 8. For me, this is a contemporary version of the old Britisch pub, retaining much of its charm but improving on space, lighting, airiness, food and atmosphere.

Visited April 2013
“Just have to keep going back!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have to work away from home every week, and therefore I am always looking for somewhere to eat which is interesting and maybe a little different. I find that the Belvedere has a great menu, and I am gradually working my way through it all!! The White Chocolate Crème Brulee is to die for!

• Visited January 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Busy restaurant food hot and tasty”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Went to the Belvedere as a part work, part family day out. It was extremely busy but blame that on the sudden burst of fine weather for a Sunday.

The food was roast beef very filling, the meat was tasty, moist and melt in the mouth, potatoes a little greasy and vegetables especially cauliflower felt like they had been dunked for a minute in boiling water extremely crunchy and difficult to cut, but did not detract too much from the meal.

My daughter had a pasta meal with a little plastic in the meal, so we were offered free desserts, so for customer service that was ok, but not to have the plastic would have been better. whole thing was £77 for three people including drinks, you pay for the area its in.

• Visited April 2013
surrey
“Nice food poor service”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've known this place for some years and eaten in before, but I have to say after my recent visit that was a family birthday the service was so poor I have never know a restaurant like hence mentioning it, We had a late afternoon sitting and found lots of items from the memu to be missing - a few is acceptable, they even ran out of vanilla ice cream! - but the service was a complete shambles and not quite you expect when you are having to constantly get the waitresses attention and reminding them of drinks orders that you were still waiting for - there was another table of 6 and us a table of 12 in this section but it lacked organisation of waitresses looking after this area hence seeing so many different staff members resulted in poor service. The food was good but to run out of vanilla ice too was beyond a joke and chocolate ice cream with a sticky toffee pudding is not a good mix even when changing this to custard I wish I didnt bother as it was so watery I didnt finish it and to top it all the guest's birthday had a coffee spilt over them from a member of staff! and to top it all the cleaniness of the ladies was poor.

it will be a while before I return!

• Visited April 2013