“Good all round”

Sunningdale Park
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Ascot
“Good all round”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

In the Bridges rooms the bathroom windows are frosted, but do not have a blind. I was on the ground floor and didn't feel comfortable using the bathroom with people walking past the window every few minutes, especially at night when you put the light on. A very helpful receptionist kindly swapped me to a room on the 2nd floor where I was much more comfortable and felt very relaxed.
The food was good at dinner and breakfast and Bruno the bar man was quite entertaining. It was a good all round experience with a minor issue resolved quickly and efficiently, all staff I came into contact with were very friendly and helpful. Thank you for a pleasant stay Sunningdale.

Room Tip: If your a prude like me, skip the ground floor!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
KyranBradley, General Manager at Sunningdale Park, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Hello Kmadd,

I have shared your comments with my team at our monthly communication meeting (August), the team and I are over the moon to read your feedback. Paul the Head Chef in particular is pleased with your comments regarding the food , Bruno the barman and Rebecca Receptionist (we believe) are flatter with your kind feedback . Yes we are delighted overall you enjoyed yourselves.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sunningdale Park very soon! In the meantime enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Sunningdale Park, Larch Avenue , Ascot, Berkshire,SL5 OQE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Nice hotel in a rural, golf club setting, we found it a little hard to find but once we got there we were pleasantly surprised, internet was good, staff were friendly and helpful and room was very comfortable, a fan was also provided, good hotel as a venue for a wedding with lots of accommodation on site

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Ellen F

The team and I are delighted to read your feedback, thrilled that over all you enjoyed yourselves. I note your point regarding finding the venue and will discuss with our Marketing Team to review our directions.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to Sunningdale Park very soon!

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Arrived with trepidation after reading some very off-putting reviews! But there was nothing to worry about. We had a lovely stay in a clean well equipped room. We had phoned in advance and asked for a room with a bath, and this was organised with no fuss. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would stay here again!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Antonia 423,

Thank you so much for submitting your feedback to Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Sunningdale Park Venue. The team and I are delighted to read your feedback and thrilled you enjoy your stay: Sparkling.

You know the old maxim “One should not always believe what one reads”.

London
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Some of the reviews here on TA for this hotel are not encouraging. I was quite worried before I went to the hotel. :( Fortunately I was not disappointed. I'm not sure where those people have stayed before but I did not find the hotel anywhere near as bad as it was made out in these negative reviews.

We booked the hotel for one night at a bargain price of £39 (£54 inc breakfast). We would have booked 2 nights but the hotel was full. It was very busy at the time of our visit, a wedding party going on, lots of Ascot races visitors, and families going to nearby attractions.

The location of the hotel is perfect for Ascot, Legoland etc, or just exploring the lovely local countryside (Virginia Water Lake being a highlight).

Hotel bedroom was quirky, a small bed, desk in the window, modern bathroom and small ante room storing just a wardrobe. The bathroom was clean and modern. The shower hose on the mixer tap was damaged which mean it was difficult to hand hold the shower but we managed. (I was going to raise this on check out but the hotel reception was absolutely packed so we just dropped the key as we were pressured for time).

Considering the hotel was so busy we certainly had no noise disruption to the night sleep. You could hear a pin drop it was so peaceful. I did wake but that was due to the warm evening. There was no air con in the room so I just opened the bathroom and wardrobe room windows this seemed to help.

Breakfast in the restaurant was good, lots of hot and cold buffet items, toast, pastries and porridge on offer. The bar and lounge areas were comfortable. Outside on the terrace was very pleasant with the view overlooking rolling hills and trees.

All in all this was a pleasant stay at a busy hotel. The photos on the DeVere website do tend to mislead a little but go with an open mind and you probably won't be disappointed. See my photos. I took a lot to show the good/indifferent aspects of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
KyranBradley, General Manager at Sunningdale Park, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hello MiaG

Thank you so much for submitting your feedback to Trip advisor, regarding your recent stay at Sunningdale Park Venue.

The team and I are really delighted with your honest and constructive critique from your stay, as we say here; we are Tickled Pink , you have made our evening,

We truly do look forward to welcoming you back to Sunningdale Park soon!

T:01344634362||E:kbradley@deverevenues.co.uk

Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Have stayed on business several times and I always enjoy my stay. Rooms are modern and well kept (the maid asked me if my room was 'up to standards' on several occasions).

The food has a different theme every night and is well prepared - a steak I had here was one of the nicest I've tasted! The food tends to be quite Mediterranean, generally with two meats and vegetarian options available, along with a HUGE selection of cakes.

There are two large bar areas, which show sports and include pool tables. There is also a gym which is useful though is not very big.

The hotel is also only a 5 minute taxi ride from Sunningdale station making transport links excellent.

As I said earlier I've only stayed here on business but am looking forward to going back.

Room Tip: I was placed on the bottom floor though I heard no noise whatsoever! I don't think you can get a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
KyranBradley, General Manager at Sunningdale Park, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Hello Conor W

Thank you so much for submitting your kind comments to Trip advisor, regarding your recent stay at Sunningdale Park Venue.

The team and I very much appreciate your no gobbledygook feedback; thank you.

We really do look forward to welcoming you back to Sunningdale Park very soon!

Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is a De Vere venues hotel,not a 4/5 hotel in central London or a major UK city. Some of the rooms are a little tired and in need of some money being spent on them, but saying that they are clean tidy and presented in a professional way. There is plenty of paking either by the main reception or near the Chaucer/main house. The staff on reception are well trained and very courteous and tried to accommodate our requests. It's more than a Premier Inn or a Campanile hotel but not as expensive. If you can get these hotels at the promotional price £20/£30 per night per room you will not get better value, free coffee,teas and snacks and in some cases a fitness centre and pool. What do you want for this kind of money, you only sleep in the room and the comfort is OK. First class breakfast for £7.50 and there are plenty of restaurants in Ascot and Sunningdale and so close to the Great Windsor Park. You could pay a lot more money and get some real luxury in this area but why waste your money when you can get a De Vere Venue.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank lowena7
KyranBradley, General Manager at Sunningdale Park, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hello Iowena7

The team and I are thrilled to see that you have visited us once again this year, delighted with your very constructive feedback which we take as a gift and will work on salient points.

We genuinely do look forward to welcoming you back to Sunningdale Park very soon!

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on Sat 27th July as we were heading to Ascot races. The hotel was good value for money, its well worth booking the breakfast for extra £7:50...this hotel is not too far from ascot (£15 for a six seater taxi), everyone we met who worked there were very friendly and helpful and seemed keen to ensure you enjoyed your stay - in particular a very nice scottish gentleman who when we asked if there was a local shop within walking distance the next morning (as I was on need of a lucozade to bring me around after a days racing) advised the on site shop was not open until 11 and insisted on picking up a bottle of lucozade (well 4) from the local shop and bringing it into breakfast! If you're heading to ascot races I'd definately recommend this hotel for its location, reasonable room prices and helpful friendly staff

• Stayed July 2013
KyranBradley, General Manager at Sunningdale Park, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hello Covgez

Thank you so much for submitting your nice review to Trip Advisor, regarding your recent stay at Sunningdale Park Venue. The team and I read your feedback with great delight; needless to say we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to Sunningdale Park very soon!

Sunningdale Park, Larch Avenue , Ascot, Berkshire,SL5 OQE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ascot
Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa
Hilton Bracknell
#5 of 7 in Bracknell
Stirrups Country House Hotel
Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection

Been to Sunningdale Park? Share your experiences!