Arrived here in the early hours of the morning and was given a room in the upstairs of Anderson block. (this does appear like an old training establishment for the military which has been taken over by the DeVere group). Check in was nice and easy and the car park at the front was very full. However i did manage to find a slot to place my vehicle. The room was of average size with a desk in front of the window and a reasonable size double bed. A seperate small bathroom with a shower cubicle etc,(no bath). A small hand towel was on the bed with 2 complimentary shower/bath gels and a soap. The large bath towels were on a heated towel rail in the bathroom along with a floor towel to satnd on as the bathroom floor is all tiled.
tea and coffee making facilities were in the room as was an iron in the storage cupboard. The windows all have blinds to pull down on the 3 sides. two blinds for the large window and one either side. there were curtains for the side windows only. The room was very clean and tidy. As its in a block there are noises from persons walking along and using their facilities in the adjoining rooms. The shower gave a very good jet of hot water and was very welcoming to spend time under it.
The restaurant area and bar are a walk away and there are umbrellas in tyhe doorways of the blocks for guests to use. Although very cold and sleety i didnt use a brolly wnd there were some for use in Anderson block.
When you enter the dining room/restaurant area a maitre-dee takes your room number and shows you to a table. There is coffee making facilities just outside the dining room for guests to help themselves. The dining area is quite spacious and the food was buffet service which you helped yourself to. As i was only there for breakfast on this occasion there was plenty of cereals etc and the full English cooked to help yourself to. Bread was provided next to the toaster where you had to help yourself. Tea and coffee was served to your table by the polite staff working here. There was also a choice of pastries to help yoursef to as well.
For the price this is a good place to stay and we stayed here last year as well for a few days. very close to Ascot race course, legoland etc.
In all you get what you pay for and the staff are very polite and helpful. I would stay here again though the rooms would be crowded with sharing with someone. As it was for business use this was fine for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunningdale Park in Ascot is a modern hotel that offers bedroom accommodation in over 65 acres of landscaped gardens and natural woodland. The hotel offers stylish bedrooms, free Wi-Fi, free parking and a take-away breakfast box only. A gym is also available. Easily accessible from several major motorways including the M3, M4, and M25 and just 30 minutes from Heathrow, the hotel is well-placed for business traveller stays during the week. An easy reach to London and close proximity to some great local attractions including Ascot Racecourse, LEGOLAND and the majestic town of Windsor, the hotel is also a convenient and cost-effective base for weekend breaks to the area. Please note there is no restaurant or bar at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Sunningdale Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunningdale Park Ascot
- Sunningdale Park Hotel Ascot
- Sunningdale Park Berkshire/Ascot