“Very loud”

Fego Caffe
Ranked #1 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Ascot
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Very loud”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The food is good for a cafe, if not over priced.

It is ALWAYS very noisy. You cannot hear yourself think and full of children!

Visited January 2013
John201323, Manager at Fego Caffe, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thanks for your feedback - we're always glad to hear that customers have enjoyed our food but I'm sorry that you found the noise levels a little high. We do pride ourselves on being family friendly and, on occasions, this can mean a number of customers with children at peak times such as mornings and lunch-times. The afternoons tend to be quieter if you're looking to avoid busy times. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Fego- no service!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Today I went to Fego cafe, first time in Ascot with my family.
I Would like to point that I am of an ethics origin and wear clothes to cover my modesty, this should not really matter where you go but on this occasion it did.

As soon as we opened the door to the cafe, notice the look everybody gave us, both from staff and customers already in the cafe as if we were something out of the movie Men in Black!

We got ignored for a couple of minutes and then a staff member came up to us and said there was no walk in service only booked reserved, even though there was quite a few tables free and we just wanted to have a cup of coffee with our family. We were practically shown the door.

We were very embrassed and left straight with people sniggering. I was left feeling very upset and sad from the whole incident and to avoid any confrontation we went.

10mins after the incident I called the cafe on my phone to ask if they only did booking or was it walk in service as I noticed across the road people just walking in. A male staff picked the phone and said that it was a booking service but was allowing walk in service and asked how many was coming.

Explain to the staff member that I literally just walked in about 10mins ago and was refused all service from your staff member. He did not know what to say other then yes it is booked but now walk in service can come. I just cut the phone and walked over to Starbucks with my family and had coffees; service with a smile.

I will not be going to Fego or recommending them to anyone. I will be name and shaming their names any where I can, as their customer service was a poorling and racist too.
Sorry for NOT being white!!!!!!!

Visited June 2013
4 Thank ukrose4u
John201323, Manager at Fego Caffe, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
This is a duplicate review of one you posted earlier this month which was removed and deemed entirely inappropriate by Trip Advisor. To repeat the response we gave then I would like to confirm that at Fego we do not under any circumstances, and certainly not on this occasion ,discriminate against any customers whatever their race, religion or skin colour. We were fully booked on the day of your visit and were only able to offer a walk-in service when tables became available. We, regrettably, had occasions when we had to turn people away or add customers to the waiting list who had not pre booked. When your party of around 7 people arrived we were fully booked. The tables which were empty when you entered were awaiting pre-booked customers to arrive very shortly. You were advised that the wait for a table would be approximately an hour but you were also offered a table at our next sitting at midday – you declined this offer. During your subsequent phone call you were given the same information. At this time we were able to accommodate some walk-in customers when there were only 2 or 3 in their party. I’m sorry that we were not able to accommodate you and understand your frustration however it is completely incorrect and unfair to suggest that this was because of your race. We have many regular customers and staff at Fego Ascot from a wide range of ethnic backgrounds and they are all treated exactly the same. It is very disappointing that you have chosen to misuse this review site by posting these inflammatory comments in an attempt to discredit our existing staff and customers in this way.
Slough, United Kingdom
“WHITES ONLY!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Refused entry and service at Fego's in Ascot for being coloured. We were told the cafe was fully booked when there were empty tables. Staff were very rude and abrupt. So if your white you're OK but if you are coloured than sorry; NO SERVICE!!!!!!

Visited June 2013
5 Thank bobbie s
John201323, Manager at Fego Caffe, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
At Fego we do not under any circumstances, and certainly not on this occasion ,discriminate against any customers whatever their race, religion or skin colour. We were fully booked for Father Days and were only able to offer a walk-in service when tables became available. We, regrettably, had occasions yesterday when we had to turn people away or add customers to the waiting list who had not pre booked. When your party of around 7 people arrived we were fully booked. The tables which were empty when you entered were awaiting pre-booked customers to arrive very shortly. You were advised that the wait for a table would be approximately an hour but you were also offered a table at our next sitting at midday – you declined this offer. During your subsequent phone call you were given the same information. At this time we were able to accommodate some walk-in customers when there were only 2 or 3 in their party. I’m sorry that we were not able to accommodate you and understand your frustration however it is completely incorrect and unfair to suggest that this was because of your race. We have many regular customers and staff at Fego Ascot from a wide range of ethnic backgrounds and they are all treated exactly the same. It is very disappointing that you have chosen to misuse this review site by posting these inflammatory comments in an attempt to discredit our existing staff and customers in this way.
WOKING
“OK”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We used to go to Fego a lot, it's quite a noisy place, the food can be a little hit & miss, but you can sit outside, and fine for a cafe

Visited September 2012
John201323, Manager at Fego Caffe, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hi Amelia. I'm sad to read that you felt your recent visit to Fego was only "OK". We pride ourselves on the quality of our food so please do let the staff know if you're ever not entirely satisfied with your meal and they will do everything they can to rectify that. Please do pay us another visit soon.
“Always fab!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

The guys in Fego's work incredibly hard, and are super friendly. The food is always great and the atmosphere too. Practically every time we go, the place is bustling, so that says a lot! Fab work, and thankyou!

• Visited June 2013