Highclere Hotel
$162
$139
Hotels.com
$68
Royal Berkshire Hotel(Sunninghill)(Great Value!)
$104
$99
$104
$101
Travelodge Bracknell Central(Bracknell)(Great Value!)
$57
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Bagshot Hotel(Bagshot)(Great Value!)
$75
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
$81
PremierInn.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewskit katascot racesbudget optionbottled wateramazing showerb bwhite fluffy towelssmall dining roomrace coursecarpenters armsexpensive areaincluding chocolateone nightroad noisefriendly hotelfinishing touchesnot hesitate to stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This bed and breakfast has a good standard room quality and facilities with a generally friendly staff, but the room that we were allocated had such poor sound insulation that we where kept awake late (and woken early) by the neighbors in the room next to us. The room was also unbearably hot (due to the weather) even with the window wide open - basically with both the poor build quality and heat it meant we had a very bad nights sleep (we would have had a better nights sleep in the car to be honest).

We had actually booked in for two nights, and although where offered another room, as we had a 6 hour drive the next morning, we just couldnt take the risk of two nights of the same conditions and no sleep, so we checked out a day early. Unfortunately the owner refused to give us a refund for the second night, even though the room provided wasn't fit for purpose, which i find very disappointing considering the generally good reviews here on Tripadvisor. To be clear, we are not particularly sensitive to sound, and the neighbours where not particularly noisy - you can just hear EVERYTHING through the shared wall between the rooms. So yes generally good service and standard of room quality, just (for the rooms with shared walls) very poor wall/door sound insulation - definitely not recommended.

This review gets an even poorer review also due to the fact that the owner still charged us for the additional night we had booked - he (Phillip) was not understanding of our situation and only used the argument that 'no one else had complained' to refuse us a refund for the unused night. Poor customer service considering we weren't being fussy, that just the rooms where not fit for purpose (i.e. for sleeping).

Room Tip: Don't take the risk of a poor nights sleep at this bed and breakfast...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was away for work, and it had been a long - very hot - day. I was greeted with a nice looking hotel - clearly well kept - a parking space and a friendly welcome. I had a ground floor room. It was very clean, as was the ensuite, and I jumped straight into a cold shower and got changed!

I noticed the car park got full quite quickly, but there's lots of parking on the street. I had trouble connecting my Macbook to the broadband, and even though the nice guy on reception did his best and did get me connected at one point, it dropped out soon after which did mean I couldn't do some work.

I realised I'd forgotten some toiletries and walked up to the local shop. I also drew out some money from the ATM across the street from the hotel - so lots of conveniences.

I slept well. Despite every window open it was very quiet. And breakfast was lovely. It's called continental but I was offered scrambled egg and beans, so I had that and some fruit and yoghurt. Really very nice.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at Highclere because we were attending an event at Ascot Racecourse (only 1.5 miles away) and were impressed by the pleasant and helpful staff (they couldn't do enough for us, but the service was efficient and unobtrusive). Very clean, very well equipped (the bottled water and the Kit Kats were a bonus!) and far, far better than I'd expected at this price point. The 4 and 5 star hotels in this area could learn a thing or two about how to run a hotel from the Highclere!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the building are on the road (but the traffic isn't heavy), but are cooler as they don't get sunstrke in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed at the hotel on 06th of July as we were attending a wedding at Royal Ascot. Rooms were really nice and clean, beds were really comfortable and the linen really fresh. Bathroom was very clean and modern. Staff were very pleasant and friendly at the breakfast and were very helpful. Our party was of 22 and whatever we required was not a problem. Would definitely stay there again if in the area as they were very welcoming.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Located in charming Ascot. The rooms are very clean with new and modern bathrooms. The beds were comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. Because it is a smaller hotel the only complaint was due to guests in the next room. They were extremely loud one night and decided to converse in the hall outside my door for 30 minutes and slam their doors continuously at 1 am. It only occurred one night out of seven but it was not fun especially when I was already jet-lagged.

• Stayed: June 2013