“3 generations dining !”

Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Ascot
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Earlier this year my daughter and son- in- law enjoyed their evening with me so much at the Carpenters they asked if my 4 grandchildren ( 7 - 13 years) could have dinner there on Sunday. Starters included fish soup, snails,Parma harm,moules, crayfish, prawns in pesto and Main courses included Rib of beef, turbot, rack of lamb all perfectly prepared and cooked. French bread and French butter and frites were enthusiastically welcomed too. The delicious deserts included a French version of trifle, hazelnut and salt ice cream, chocolate mousse and meringues. We had a smashing evening. They left for home tired but very happy. Thank you Frank and staff !

2  Thank tukane

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went for Lunch last saturday for business meeting. Excellent lunch offers menu 2 courses £11.95 or 3 courses £14.95 with very good choices. Fast and friendly service.
Should i have the opportunity to be close to to Ascot again i will not hesitate to go back there and would love to try the dinner menu.

1  Thank 4496val
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had a Lunch party with my Friends on Saturday , came all the way from Bath in Avon and I am so please we did it. One of the best lunch I had in long time. We had Snail and Fish soup to start following with Steak/Frites, Moules/ Frites. For dessert I had a very good selection of French cheeses and a lush chocolate Mousse. The atmosphere is very relaxing and remind me of France. The owners and staffs are very welcoming. I will definitely come back for more! A big thanks to the team for this wonderful lunch.

1  Thank Anastasia A
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Had the set lunch which is possibly the best value in the South East. £11.99 2 course, £14.99 3 course with a good choice of options. We had Chicken liver pate and fish soup to start, both excellent, served with, what could only have been, home baked bread. We followed with roast chicken and steak frites, both very nicely done but came on a plate with the meat, fries and gravy, no greenery or garnish, kind of reminded me of the presentation you get at rural truck stops in France. Excellent food none the less and good wine list. Very good decor and pretty indiferent service, but traditional French. Overall a place worth trying, We'll go back and try dinner which I'm sure will be even better... might even get some lettuce on the plate.

1  Thank DouglasMM
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Had a fab meal Monday evening, great food and service, all food is fresh and tastes so lovely the portions are so big. The prices are very reasonable. It's a great venue nothing is too much trouble. Great meal will be going back, also we've booked for breakfast Ascot week.

2  Thank cabb2n