“Different Environment”

The Barn at Coworth Park
Ranked #5 of 47 Restaurants in Ascot
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Set in 240 acres of parkland, The Barn at Coworth Park specialises in delicious organic comfort food. The large glass doors open out onto a picturesque al fresco courtyard. Rustic yet elegant, the charming dining room at The Barn features stone floors and reclaimed oak dining tables, creating a warm country house feel. The 1st floor bar features striking countryside views.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We eat as a group of four at 'The Barn' recently.
After difficulty finding the entrance we arrived through the bar on the upper floor.
The bench seating is unusual but did not suit us, so we asked to be moved.
The ambience was friendly and lively making for an enjoyable evening, even though it was spoilt by an over enthusiastic table nearby. The staff were understanding and moved us upstairs to the bar to finish our meal.
The food was ok, but not special considering the size of the bill.
Will we return -yes. I'm sure it will be a wonderful location for a meal on a nice summer evening.

CoworthPark, General Manager at The Barn at Coworth Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time out to leave a review of your recent dinner at The Barn at Coworth Park. I am pleased that you all had an enjoyable evening and that we were able to accommodate your needs during the evening. I look forward to welcoming you all back, perhaps on a summer evening, when you will be able to enjoy dinner under the stars.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a top class restaurant in a fantastic setting .
The room is beautiful and changes in character during the seasons
The food is always fantastic and service as you would expect from such a high profile hotel.
Booking are really hard to come by so book in advance.

I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed dining at The Barn at Coworth Park and how much you appreciate the food, the service and the countryside setting. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Having eaten here several times, I just wish you can get a decent meal! I keep going back as I love the setting but it is really not worth the amount they charge. Wine prices are extortionate and the service is very awkward. I just wish the food could live up to the prices; I understand the Barn should be a relaxed dining experience but there is no excuse for average food attached to a 5 star hotel. The best thing about it is the glassware used for drinks.
I have learnt my lesson now and will NOT return.

1  Thank Alex B

I am very sorry to read your visits to The Barn did not live up to your expectations and I would like to discuss your experience further. I would be most grateful if you would contact me directly at the hotel at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Another memorable visit to The Barn where the staff make you feel at home & the food is comforting as it is tasty. The menu is great & lovely to see in season with local ingredients.
The open kitchen makes your visit entertaining and adds another dimension to a normal dining experience.
We all enjoyed our food thoroughly & cannot wait to go back to our local favourite restaurant in Ascot!!!

CoworthPark, General Manager at The Barn at Coworth Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Many thanks for sharing your kind thoughts on your memorable visit to The Barn. It is always a pleasure to read how the atmosphere is relaxing and the food enjoyed, and I am glad that you also found the open kitchen added another dimension to the experience. We cannot wait to have you back either, and Greg and his team look forward to the occasion.
Best wishes, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very good restaurant, relaxed atmosphere. Not too noisy and not too quiet. Quite casual. Terrific service - very attentive waiters and great food. Some good wines on the menu.

CoworthPark, General Manager at The Barn at Coworth Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in The Barn at Coworth Park. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of dining with us – the ambience, the service, the wines and the food. I shall look forward to welcoming you again at Coworth Park in the near future.
Best wishes, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection