“Great atmosphere and service”

The Barn at Coworth Park
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Ascot
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Set in 240 acres of parkland, The Barn at Coworth Park specialises in delicious organic comfort food. The large glass doors open out onto a picturesque al fresco courtyard. Rustic yet elegant, the charming dining room at The Barn features stone floors and reclaimed oak dining tables, creating a warm country house feel. The 1st floor bar features striking countryside views.
London, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere and service”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very good restaurant, relaxed atmosphere. Not too noisy and not too quiet. Quite casual. Terrific service - very attentive waiters and great food. Some good wines on the menu.

Visited April 2013
CoworthPark, General Manager at The Barn at Coworth Park, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in The Barn at Coworth Park. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of dining with us – the ambience, the service, the wines and the food. I shall look forward to welcoming you again at Coworth Park in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
“Bubbly”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We arrived at the barn car park, firstly ladies don't wear high heels because the car park flooring is a nightmare. It was also raining very heavily and we had to walk quite away to get to the actual restaurant. The look of the place is classy and we enjoyed our frist drink. Us girls had a glass of
pink champagne .... had we known it was £20 a GLASS we wouldn't of had any. This one glass was more expensive than my meal!! Oh my goodness we had two each... so £80 on four glasses of Bubbly!!! Having said all that the food was delicious and the service was really good. The meal was really really nice. Would go again. But no heels or champagne!!

• Visited March 2013
CoworthPark, General Manager at The Barn at Coworth Park, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent evening out for dinner in The Barn. I am pleased to read that you all enjoyed the food and service and I have made a careful note of your comments regarding the car park. We look forward to welcoming you here on your next visit.
Best wishes, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection
“If you can find your way from the carpark without losing your heels in the mud, it's well worth the effort”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Really relaxed supper at the Barn. Love that the tables are not packed in like sardines, so you can have a conversation without the surrounding tables being obliged to listen in. The equestrian theme was a nice touch and refreshing not be drenched in polo memorabilia (the one thing Berkshire is not short of is restaurants covered in polo prints!!). We sat upstairs, which I liked better and I'd recommend it for parties of 4 or under as the seating is super comfortable. If you are 5 or more, chances are half of your party will have to sit on what looked like very hard benches - even with a cushion and a penchant for pilates, you're still likely to feel your back after a few hours.

The menu was lovely - although it's just about to switch to the spring menu so I'm not sure how long the same dishes will be available; looking forward to the new menu. Between us, we had the Ox cheek with bubble and squeak (very rich, delicious), the pork belly with apple mash (looked amazing, tasted great) and the Omlette as a main course. The starters were all excellent, and I agree with other reviewers that the portions were substantial. We didn't manage puddings as no-one could fit one in! Petit fours with coffee made up for that nicely.

The wine list was disappointing - very expensive and not particularly appropriate for the price of the main courses we thought. It was formal fine dining wine prices for top of the range gastropub menu - the two don't quite match.

Service was excellent - staff were helpful, knowledgeable and there when we needed them but never when we didn't. Perfect really.

Overall, we loved the food, and will go back but it would be much better if the carpark wasn't a soggy muddy sponge surface and the lighting and signage were better to find the barn. Can't help thinking we probably disturbed a few guests as we clip clopped past their rooms on the way back to the car too. Oh well, too bad. Definitely worth a visit but take your wellies!

• Visited March 2013
CoworthPark, General Manager at The Barn at Coworth Park, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you so much for leaving your kind review following the supper you enjoyed in our Barn Restaurant. I was delighted to hear that you found the restaurant decor to be pleasant on the eye, and that you enjoyed the setting together with the food and the service on the evening in question. I can assure you that we have taken on board your feedback regarding the lighting and the signage, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the countryside in the not too distant future.

camberley
“Lost its edge.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had already visited the Barn at least four times, when it first opened, and the restaurant in the main house on one occasion last year. As I had raved about it, I was very much looking forward to dining at the Barn again but was disappointed this time. I felt that the food had lost its edge. When it first opened, the food was really quite delightful but this time, it felt that something was missing. Has the chef changed? I had a bowl of heritage beetroot salad which was just okay, nothing special and not particularly interestingly presented. The three people in our party ordered rib eye steak and it was more than charred, tasted burnt, it was burnt. It seemed overpriced for a mediocre meal. Shame. The setting is still beautiful and the service was very good.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank 15MrsT
CoworthPark, General Manager at The Barn at Coworth Park, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Many thanks for your comments on your most recent dining experience in the Barn and I am very sorry this visit did not live up to your expectations. I am delighted to be able to say that we have appointed a new Sous Chef who is currently about to launch his new menu in the Barn and I very much hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back once again. I would very much like to discuss your comments with you further and would be grateful if you could kindly contact me directly at the hotel.
Best regards, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection
“Very good”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We visited and had a 3 courses meal, followed by coffees and were a party of 8. The barn was lovely and they catered extremely well with my onion allergy. The Food was lovely, really recommend the omelette for starters, followed by pork belly. Staff very friendly and helpful. Atmosphere very nice and chilled out. I would love to go back :-)

1 Thank CA G
CoworthPark, General Manager at The Barn at Coworth Park, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time out to leave a review of your recent meal in The Barn. I am pleased to read how much your party all enjoyed your food and how highly you recommend the omelette and pork belly. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.