“Perfect for weekend escapes” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection

Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ascot
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect for weekend escapes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a Dorchester property. So nothing can be wrong. Property is stunning. Rooms are beautiful. Sunset is amazing especially when you are having an aperitif on the terrace. Spa is very good and also cycling can be interesting (even if Virgina water can be very crowded during weekend). Level of service is Dorchester typical so nothing more to say. If we have to find a weakness then maybe we have to admit that even the fine dining is nothing impressive compared to other Dorchester properties. Also the Barn and the Drawing room menus could be really improved.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dede F
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about your stay at Coworth Park. I am delighted to read you explored the grounds and Virginia Water by bike, enjoyed the spa and witnessed the beautiful sunsets from the terrace. All feedback is of utmost importance and I shall pass your comments about the menus to our Executive chef. I shall pass your compliments regarding the service onto the team who looked after you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Coworth Park in the near future.

Best regards, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Ely
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were fortunate enough to stay at Coworth Park for a long weekend to celebrate my mothers’ 70th birthday.

Beautifully decorated throughout our room in the main building was comfortable and spacious with room to accommodate an additional bed for our five year old.

Tea on the first afternoon in the small conservatory was superb with wonderful cakes and pastries and interesting teas (try the lavender – surprisingly good). All in all a real treat.

Dinner in the Barn perhaps the low point of the weekend, rib eye steak being a particularly sinuous example of that cut and chips that looked good but lacked any sort of flavour. A starter of pheasant Scotch egg was also disappointing, under seasoned and again this fairly bland bird lacking in flavour. Others in the party were more impressed so it may just have been my bad choices.

Sunday lunch in the main restaurant the next day was much more successful, good clean flavours, a high standard of cooking and an exceptional wine list.

The real high point of Coworth Park though has to be the staff. A perfect balance of service, bonhomie and diligence throughout the whole stay. Our five year old was treated like a princess throughout and can’t wait to go back. Not sure I would have any objections either!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jason G
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such kind review of your stay at Coworth Park. I am delighted that you chose Coworth Park to celebrate such a special occasion with us. I am disappointed that you didn’t thoroughly enjoy your experience in The Barn and I will pass on your comments to the Executive Chef. I was however, pleased that afternoon tea and Restaurant Coworth Park stood out as superb. Your positive feedback about the staff and the service you received is appreciated and rest assured I will pass on your feedback to the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Coworth Park in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed for one night during some glorious summer weather. The meadow of flowers by the main house was truly amazing - one of the most beautiful things you could hope for.

Our room (stable jnr suite) was excellent - spacious and well appointed. B&O TV is a nice touch, as is the nespresso machine.

The spa facilities are good (didn't have a treatment). Great area to sunbathe and relax near the large, inviting pool which is sheltered from any wind and from view. However, there is no sauna - missing a trick when you compare it to somewhere like Lime Wood. The changing rooms are pretty average too staying on that comparison or compared to somewhere like Babington House.

The big letdown, however, is the food. The Barn was hugely overpriced for what can only be described as uninspiring pub food. Any local pub does a much better job for less than 1/3 of the price. Likewise, breakfast was OK but not great - lack of good choice on the buffet area and the a la carte offerings were generally not brilliant, with the exception of absolutely perfect eggs. Finally in a moment of comfort eating, the room service pizza we ordered was woefully small and nowhere near of the quality that i would expect from somewhere like here.

So, all in all, a decent place and we had a very nice stay, ably assisted by good staff. If they can just improve the food then it would be great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Citygoat
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay at Coworth Park. I am delighted that you enjoyed your accommodation in the Stables and the views over our beautiful meadow. All guest feedback we receive is of great importance to us, and I have taken on board your comments regarding the food served at the hotel and rest assured I will investigate the issues you have highlighted with our Executive Chef. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with all the team and I very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Coworth Park and to restore your faith in our food offering.

Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We ended up at Coworth Park very last minute, and the service was exceptional from the moment we phoned to see if they had availability to the moment we left. We rang early evening as had been let down elsewhere on our anniversary night, and were told that they had a stables premium suite available which would give us the comfort and celebratory feel we were looking for. And they were certainly right!

On arrival our bag was whisked away as was our car without even noticing as we couldn't help but admire the building itself. Check in was easy and we were offered a late checkout too, then a tour of the house and grounds which told us everything we needed to know without going on forever. And when we saw the room, we were blown away - flowers, champagne and some other goodies were left for us, and the suite was beautifully decorated in a contemporary style including his n hers baths in the bathroom! Lovely large fluffy bathrobes which were some of the best I have ever experienced, B&O televisions in all the rooms and total peace and tranquility - heaven!

We ordered room service although were offered reservations in both restaurants; the food was delivered quickly even though it was busy and was delicious and reasonably priced. Then we had a lovely walk through the grounds which are absolutely stunning and a quick stop in the spa. The setting is idyllic and you really feel like you are somewhere special; every person we passed said hello and was attentive and friendly.

After a great night's sleep (the a/c was worth it's weight in gold!) we enjoyed a delicious breakfast which was good quality, plentiful and well presented, couldn't fault it at all. We then enjoyed the outside space again and even got to watch some polo which was fantastic. A brief pit stop at the bar for a drink signaled the end of our night away, and again this was coupled with friendly and attentive service.

Definitely one of the best hotels outside of London and will be going back again as soon as I can!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank emilyjcp
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments about your stay at Coworth Park. I am delighted that you enjoyed the little extras we included to make your anniversary stay so special and memorable. I was also pleased to read that you had time to explore the grounds, made use of our beautiful spa and were able to enjoy a game of polo. I shall share your kind feedback with the team here and we shall look forward to welcoming you back to Coworth Park in the near future.

Best wishes, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We got married at the Dorcester over a decade ago - not a big budget affair, just a smallish wedding for 30 (we made the budget stretch!) - so have been fans of the Dorchester Group for some time.

I don't know why we hadn't made it to Coworth Park before now, but we chose to quietly celebrate my 40th there. We were delighted to discover it surpassed all expectations :-)

Our room was an upstairs downstairs affair with a little back garden. Really lovely with a huge bedroom and a copper bath. We strolled 3 mins from the front door to watch a polo match, then spent the afternoon at the spa. Great massage!

Dinner in The Barn was delicious and relaxed. Our DVD TV connection wasn't working but the hotels technician came straight over at 10pm to fix it.

So pleased to discover we have a luxury country retreat less than an hour away. And I can take my horse to stay in their stables next time too! :-)

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Dorchester Collection and I was delighted to read that you have chosen to spend two very special occasions in our properties and that Coworth Park surpassed your expectations. I was pleased that you enjoyed your room and that you were able to spend some time in the Spa, enjoy dinner in the Barn and also to see a polo match. I will share your kind comments with the team who looked after you during your stay and we shall look forward to welcoming you back to Coworth Park very soon.

Best wishes, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I bought this wkend away as a present for my boyfriend. We stayed in a suite and was absolutely stunning! We had champagne on arrival, all the staff seemed to have been prepped on my name so was greeted absolutely everywhere and the grounds are picture perfect. We stayed in jan so wasn't the best weather but could still take advantage of beautiful views from the room and the gorgeous log fire to give the room a very luxurious home feel. We had dinner in the restaurant and was beautifully presented and tasted divine. Wine list was great and then weretreated to the piano room for our coffee before going bAck to the room. Breakfast was in the barn and had a real country feel while all the best preserves and cooked dishes were available. We then took advantage of the spa which again was great. Aside from no sauna the pool was sizeable, wet room clean and hot (can't stand when the don't get hot enough) and the massages were great. My masseuse was attentive to what I needed, firm and thorough. I fell asleep twice which meant that my relaxing state of mind was reached. At no point did we feel we weren't being looked after and I would thoroughly recommend this place over and over again. To take advantage of the trip we also went to bisley shooting grounds about 45 mins away which all in added to the perfect country retreat :)

Room Tip: Cottage premium suite
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such kind comments on your recent stay at Coworth Park. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the experience and that you were able to enjoy the beautiful views, log fires in the Drawing room and breakfast in The Barn. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the rest of the team here and I hope to welcome you back for a break in these warmer summer months.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have recently returned from Coworth Park - a place that we were looking forward to and came away from bitterly disappointed. It is a magnificent place in a beautiful part of England but what lets it down is the Hotel. We have stayed in some fantastic 5/6 star hotels in Europe , Asia and the Maldives and at the same time are not difficult travellers. What annoyed us ,was we noticed on our credit card the day after check in, we had actually already been not only billed for the accommodation but also incidentals for our 2 day visit. We found this rude as nothing was mentioned at check in and never have i seen funds actually go out of our account before you check out . After ringing the bank and confirming that the accommodation had been paid , i queried it with the hotel ,who informed us we would be refunded if our actual bill came to a lessor amount !!!! So we tried to enjoy the next 2 days at the hotel but it did not get any better -from the poor spa experience, terrible breakfast, to trying to ride the bikes but every bike had a flat tyre !!! Apparently that should not be a problem according to the concierge !! The Equestrian centre informed us that all the horses were in the paddocks and none for riding - they seemed angry that they might have to get a horse in from the paddock !!! So, off we went to explore the countryside by foot and it is gorgeous - great Pub down the road with good food and service! So.... BEWARE - it is a real shame !!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lisa B
Dear Mrs Brand,
Following our recent telephone conversation I would once again like to reiterate my sincere apologies for the disappointing experience you encountered when you stayed with us here at Coworth Park earlier this month. I do hope that by now the bank have released the authorisation and appropriate funds that they were holding from your credit card. In addition, I would like to thank you for your constructive comments relating to the other aspects of your stay. I very much hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the English countryside and to allow us to restore your faith in Coworth Park.

Best regards, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ascot
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Great Fosters
Great Fosters
#1 of 5 in Egham
Macdonald Windsor Hotel

Been to Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection? Share your experiences!