“My favourite English retreat so far”

Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ascot
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I bought this wkend away as a present for my boyfriend. We stayed in a suite and was absolutely stunning! We had champagne on arrival, all the staff seemed to have been prepped on my name so was greeted absolutely everywhere and the grounds are picture perfect. We stayed in jan so wasn't the best weather but could still take advantage of beautiful views from the room and the gorgeous log fire to give the room a very luxurious home feel. We had dinner in the restaurant and was beautifully presented and tasted divine. Wine list was great and then weretreated to the piano room for our coffee before going bAck to the room. Breakfast was in the barn and had a real country feel while all the best preserves and cooked dishes were available. We then took advantage of the spa which again was great. Aside from no sauna the pool was sizeable, wet room clean and hot (can't stand when the don't get hot enough) and the massages were great. My masseuse was attentive to what I needed, firm and thorough. I fell asleep twice which meant that my relaxing state of mind was reached. At no point did we feel we weren't being looked after and I would thoroughly recommend this place over and over again. To take advantage of the trip we also went to bisley shooting grounds about 45 mins away which all in added to the perfect country retreat :)

Room Tip: Cottage premium suite
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such kind comments on your recent stay at Coworth Park. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the experience and that you were able to enjoy the beautiful views, log fires in the Drawing room and breakfast in The Barn. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the rest of the team here and I hope to welcome you back for a break in these warmer summer months.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have recently returned from Coworth Park - a place that we were looking forward to and came away from bitterly disappointed. It is a magnificent place in a beautiful part of England but what lets it down is the Hotel. We have stayed in some fantastic 5/6 star hotels in Europe , Asia and the Maldives and at the same time are not difficult travellers. What annoyed us ,was we noticed on our credit card the day after check in, we had actually already been not only billed for the accommodation but also incidentals for our 2 day visit. We found this rude as nothing was mentioned at check in and never have i seen funds actually go out of our account before you check out . After ringing the bank and confirming that the accommodation had been paid , i queried it with the hotel ,who informed us we would be refunded if our actual bill came to a lessor amount !!!! So we tried to enjoy the next 2 days at the hotel but it did not get any better -from the poor spa experience, terrible breakfast, to trying to ride the bikes but every bike had a flat tyre !!! Apparently that should not be a problem according to the concierge !! The Equestrian centre informed us that all the horses were in the paddocks and none for riding - they seemed angry that they might have to get a horse in from the paddock !!! So, off we went to explore the countryside by foot and it is gorgeous - great Pub down the road with good food and service! So.... BEWARE - it is a real shame !!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisa B

Dear Mrs Brand,
Following our recent telephone conversation I would once again like to reiterate my sincere apologies for the disappointing experience you encountered when you stayed with us here at Coworth Park earlier this month. I do hope that by now the bank have released the authorisation and appropriate funds that they were holding from your credit card. In addition, I would like to thank you for your constructive comments relating to the other aspects of your stay. I very much hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the English countryside and to allow us to restore your faith in Coworth Park.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

From start to finish this was a thoroughly enjoyable stay. The staff are very well trained, polite and helpful. The door lady always went above and beyond to help. The check in was polished and friendly. The room was a delight. Perfectly clean and a beautiful aspect. The bathroom with its copper bath was stunning. Great gardens and always the option to wander over to the polo fields. We borrowed some bikes and explored which was enjoyable. We didn't eat at the barn but had drinks, it had a lovely relaxed atmosphere. We used the spa, which was great. The spa reception staff were excellent. We had the tasting menu in the restaurant, it was delicious and although we felt the service was rushed for the first few courses and the somellier a little pushy it mellowed into a delightful evening.
Breakfast again was second to none. Would thoroughly recommend for a stay to make you feel pampered and instantly relaxed. Will definetly return. Thanks for a wonderful time.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Coworth Park and that you had the time to really explore our beautiful grounds, visit the Spa, have a drink in the Barn and enjoy your dinner in Restaurant Coworth Park. Rest assured, I will share your kind comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Coworth Park very soon.
Best wishes, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is fresh and vibrant, they have lovely staff meet and greet, I believe its the sister hotel to the Dorchester in London, its interior is fine and colourful and very modern, the food can be taken up at the Barn, with out side space, modern bistro food, the Gym with its wraps and juices, it has a very informal feel to it, and it is a major wedding venue, the staff are its greatest achievement they are friendly and upbeat, and I would say of this time. The rooms are amazing and I am sure would make a lovely special time, the swans are also great in the grounds which are spectacular, in all worth a visit for Tea.

Room Tip: try and find a deal
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time out to leave such a kind review of your recent visit to Coworth Park. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the experience including food in The Barn, the gym in our spa, the décor and rooms and service during your stay. It will be my pleasure to share these comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back when you next stay at Coworth Park.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My family enjoyed a recent weekend stay to celebrate a birthday. Although we have a home nearby in Ascot, my wife and I booked their top suite and a few other rooms for family and enjoyed THE perfect weekend. I highly recommend Coworth Park as being quite simply the best country house hotel in England. Where else can you and the family borrow bicycles, cycle around the grounds stopping to watch a polo match, enjoy tennis, a great spa and so many other activities?

The fact that my children can only use the pool at certain times is excellent. That way, during children’s swimming times, adults without children can’t complain as they get to use the facilities when they are totally free of children and so everyone is happy. The food in the main hotel was superb as it always is however the Barn sometimes lets the rest of Coworth Park down just a little although the setting is superb. The main hotel restaurant is terrific and the simpler food served on the gorgeous terrace is lovely. The staff/service ranges from wonderful to fantastic. The management are the best in the business. Dorchester Group have two hotels on London's Park Lane which we wish we had stayed at last month. Instead we made the mistake of staying at The Ritz on Piccadilly which was dreadful in comparison to Dorchester Group standards.

Coworth Park is centrally positioned for London, Heathrow, the coast and all that the region offers. Everyone I have sent here has thanked me. If you are American you must not visit the UK without a stay at Coworth Park.......you will understand why once you arrive. This is how to live the traditional upper class English life of yesteryear. I had friends staying there again this weekend....it's one of the hotels I recommend with pleasure. Here's a tip.......I find both of the main local taxi firms to be quite dreadful (Ascot Cars and Atlas Cars). Instead use JRA Chauffeurdrive who are on 01276 678869 where I get a perfect service with great drivers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank BarryAscot

Dear Barry,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience and kind comments with us. As always it was a pleasure to welcome you and your family to Coworth Park and we were delighted to hear that you all enjoyed the perfect weekend here in the countryside, where we offer activities to keep all members of the family busy, especially when the weather is so magnificent. Rest assured I will pass on your feedback to everyone in the team, and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Amazing staff, amazing surroundings, nothing is too much trouble. The best cocktails outside of London and on a sunny day drinking them on the terrace takes some beating! Breakfast is a glamorous affair in an opulent dining room and if I lived ever so slightly closer would be worth turning up for in itself.

Also pretty good place for some celeb spotting!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TegTee
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is a beautiful property, with a wonderful staff, every request handled promptly, friendly and properly. The cottage suites are great...ours a two floor suite with its own semi-private yard complete with hungry swans!

A few minor gripes...the light switches are impossibly complex for such a simple function. No idea what switch operates what lights, very poor use of technology!

The room service food off the room menu was very disappointing, frozen packaged French fries, but sized overlooked fish.

But the food at the barn was much, much better...and I discovered that you can order off that menu for delivery to the room.

Bicycles are available, just grab one and ride the amazing property. The pool is a study in relaxed luxury, could have stayed there for hours!

And the hotel did a great job shuttling people to and from ascot, usually an excruciating experience.

We hope to return for our annual ascot visit, and I'm sure many will feel the same after their first visit

Room Tip: It's well worth it to upgrade to the cottage suites
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alanglazen
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent visit to Coworth Park. It is my pleasure to read that you enjoyed your visit including the cottage you stayed, the location and the service. All guest feedback is of great value and I will share your comments regarding room service with the chef. However I am delighted you were able to enjoy cycling around the grounds during your annual visit to Ascot and I hope to welcome you here again next year.
Best regards, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ascot
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Royal Berkshire Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sunninghill
Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel

Been to Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection? Share your experiences!