“Staff is the best feature”

Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ascot
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Wonderful, friendly, efficient staff made our overnight stay a pleasure. Room was comfortable, if a little small, with as comfortable bed as any I have used, and a warm but light duvet. The spa and grounds are fabulous. Well worth a visit.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review of your recent stay at Coworth Park which I will share with the team I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and we very much hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel 3 times, and everytime it just gets better. The service is excellent, the staff are welcoming and the food is great. You can have a peaceful walk around the wide open space and park surrounding the hotel. Whether its night or whether its day time, you find tranquility and peace.

Every room is designed in a beautiful, modern, contemporary and heart opening way. When you are in the room you want to stay in forever, and when you are out in the garden, you want to walk out forever.

For sure I will be coming there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

I am delighted to read how much you enjoy staying at Coworth Park and how highly you value the whole experience including peaceful walks around the grounds and gardens. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back to the countryside very soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

A few months previously I had been with friends to another so called 'Top Spa' in the SL6 postcode, which had been left wanting on almost every level. My daughter had been to Coworth Park and had loved it, so bought a day as a gift for myself and a friend, to make up for the disappointment of the previous Spa.
Wonderful location and a calm, relaxing ambiance from the moment we stepped through the door. The reception staff were warm friendly but wholly professional.We were shown around the facilities, given our locker keys and reminded of our treatments and times. We were then taken to the Spatisserie for morning refreshments, where we were looked after by the delightful Ria, The pastries were excellent, as later lunch turned out to be. We had champagne with our lunch for which there was a reasonable extra charge; freshly opened and perfectly chilled...delicious. There were also ample newspapers available.
The pool and pool area are larger then most Spa's I have visited and we were the only people there for the first 2 hours and never more than 7 of us during the whole day. The pool itself sparkled and is a fantastic size for a decent swim. Ample beds and towels. Beautiful lighting and wholly relaxing. Fresh jugs of chilled water with mint and cucumber were available in the pool room.
We didn't use the gym but it looked well equipped.. All facilities at the Spa were spotless.
Treatments by Claudia and Julia were excellent, top marks for both the body massage and the Heavenly sole foot treatment.
I understand that it does get very busy particularly at the weekends or school holidays, when hotel guests and their children are often in the pool and Gym area, so probably best to go earlier in the week/non holiday time if you are looking for a quiet relaxing Spa day.
I have already booked my next visit..

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your recent spa day at Coworth Park. I am delighted to read how highly you appreciated the experience and how much you enjoyed the location, service and facilities during your visit. I am pleased that you were also able to enjoy refreshments in The Spatisserie including champagne. I will be sure to share your comments with Ria, Claudia, Julia and the rest of the team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed in December with my husband and 18 month old baby. Very pleased with the location being a short drive out of NW London and the landscape setting was beautiful. We stayed in the Stable Deluxe room which was plentiful for our needs. All mod cons were installed and the surrounding area was quiet so no disturbances. I took my daughter to the kids club and she loved playing there. Food was nice at the Barn and staff were all very professional during our stay. My husband attended the spa and said it was very relaxing and the architecture of the building was really cool. We didn't get a chance to ride any horses but we did go visit those in their stables which was quite nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your recent family stay at Coworth Park. I am delighted to read how much you, your husband and baby enjoyed our quiet and stunning location and that you were able to use the kids club and spa during your visit. I will be delighted to share your comments with the rest of the team and I look forward to welcoming you back here on your next visit and would be more than happy to arrange a ride on one of our horses for you all when the weather is a little warmer.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Attended a wedding at Coworth Park, the grounds are spectacular and the building is beautiful.
Staff amazing as nothing is too much for them. I am afraid that the inside of the hotel was not to my taste, very much a boutique hotel, yet the staff on greeting all wearing tweed suites (very gentlemanly). It had no character in my opinion. The food was nice but the price of drinks was outragious, a single spirit and mixer was £12.50, small bottle of beer £5 ridiculous.
Needless to say I will not be returning. Very much a rich persons hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Diane5750
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the team and Coworth Park. I was sorry to learn that the design and decor of our hotel was not to your taste and that you felt the Mansion House was too modern. The Barn restaurant offers a more authentic, rustic and rural setting, here at the hotel, and should you consider returning to Coworth Park then please do not hesitate to contact me so that I can oversee all the arrangements on your behalf.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Was taken here to celebrate our anniversary, what a treat! After finishing work a little early jumped on the train from Waterloo to Sunningdale Station a 5 min drive away from the hotel. From the moment we arrived great service and our room was just fabulous. An exquisite chocolate cake was in our room with "Happy Anniversary" which was a great touch. We made use of the swimming pool, which was in the same place as the spa and all rather nice. We went for a drink before dinner at The Barn, then opted for the taster menu in the main restaurant which was simply divine. Had our coffees after dinner in The Drawing Room listening to an excellent pianist who played covers and set the perfect ambience. Went for a walk the next day around Virginia Waters (a few minutes drive away) before heading back into town. Perfect 24hrs.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time out to leave such a kind review of your recent celebratory stay at Coworth Park. I am very pleased to read how much you appreciated the anniversary cake in your room and that you had the opportunity to experience the spa and pool as well as dining in The Barn for dinner. I will be delighted to share your comments with the team here at the hotel, and I hope to welcome you here again very soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We spend 1 beautiful night at Coworth Park and were lucky enough to have 2 days with sunshine. When we arrived we were welcomed by Gordon the doorman and shown to reception. After the usual questions at check in we were taken to our stunning room on the top floor. I have to say that even the corridors here are not your standard hotel corridors.They give you the feeling that you are walking through somebodies house (rather large) in Saint Tropez. After having looked around in the room we went outside, took some bikes (great options and child seats but they will need a bit of love before summer really starts) and drove around on the vast estate: Spa, Polo fields, outside cottages, brasserie the Barn and of course the equestrian centre.
When we got back our daughter wanted to go swimming and my partner was in need of some well deserved rest, so of to the pool. It was unusual to be the only ones in the pool but really you can't complain about this.
When we got back to the room it was already time to get ready for dinner and like everthing else at Coworth, this did not disappoint. We jumped on one of many golf buggies and were wizzeo over to the Barn. We all enjoyed excellent service and very good food, the only thing we both noticed was that there was little seasoning in the dishes but this is no complaint as it is easier to add seasoning than to remove seasoning. After dinner we applied the same wizzing strategy and had a super nights sleep. Breakfast the next day was served in the main restaurant and it was spot on, both service and food (as was the welcome)
All in all we are very impressed by this beautiful esate and the way it is run.
Chapeau!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BdWbath
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your recent family stay at Coworth Park. I am delighted to read how much you all enjoyed the whole experience from check in and welcome from Gordon, to the bike rides around the extensive grounds and our spa facilities. It is also great to read how much you enjoyed the dining options at Coworth Park and it will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team here. I look forward to welcoming you all back on your next visit into the countryside......the buggies will be on standby.
Kind regards, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ascot
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Cliveden House
Cliveden House
#1 of 2 in Taplow
Macdonald Windsor Hotel

Been to Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection? Share your experiences!