“Fabulous - saw Branjolina in the lobby”

Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ascot
Olathe, Kansas
“Fabulous - saw Branjolina in the lobby”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We did another business meeting here - you never know who will walk in the door. Brad Pitt walking around the lobby one day and Angolina Jolie the next. Staff is friendly, the food is out of this world and out of season prices are fair. In season, it is astronomically expensive for rooms, but the food prices are fair. We live about minutes away in Ascot and just love Tom and his team. A world class spa - absolutely world class. They have about 10 acres of wildflowers planted each spring - it is stunning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such kind comments on your most recent visit to Coworth Park. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with Tom and the rest of the team here and I am delighted to read how much you enjoy the spa. I look forward to welcoming you back to Coworth Park very soon.
Best regards, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
LONDON
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We returned, after being encouraged by the staff at the hotel to review them again. We were very impressed. We stayed during the New Year's Eve party and night. We had a lovely room with a beautiful bathroom and beatiful view.. The food was wonderful both at the main restaurant and in the Barn aswell. The service, as before, was exemplary!
The hotel is not cheap but I think you get what you pay for. You can often go to a 5 star hotel and get a lovely room and maybe great food but then the staff fall short but at Coworth you get it all. Great service, beautiful accomodation and wonderful food. Need I say more?
We will be back and recommend Coworth highly to families too!!

Room Tip: All rooms in the main house are beautiful.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Mr & Mrs Simon for taking the time to return to Coworth Park. I am delighted to hear that service lived up to your expectations, based on your last visit, and that you thoroughly enjoyed The Barn, Restaurant Coworth Park, your room and the New Years Eve Party. A lovely way to see in the New Year; I hope to welcome you back to Coworth Park throughout 2013.
With kind Regards, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park
London
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Another wonderful, relaxing stay at this impeccably run country house hotel. The hotel has been the subject of an extremely fine and sympathetic design. The rooms and suites in the main house are lovely, with beautifully appointed bathrooms.

Our first stay at Coworth Park was a few weeks after the hotel opened. On that occasion all did not go well but, to use the parlance, we were 'recovered' by Zoe Jenkins, the General Manager. We have returned several times since, staying in a range of rooms and at different times of the year.

On each visit we have found the staff to be welcoming, friendly and helpful. There are no laurels being rested on here. This is no doubt down to regular briefings to staff to pay close attention to detail and to treat guests as people and not just as a source of income (after all, this is a business).

As for eating at Coworth Park, Dinner in the main restaurant or the informal Barn is always very good, as is in-room dining. Breakfast in The Barn is delicious with an excellent range from which to choose. And you will be more than satisfied if you opt for breakfast in your room.

The Spa deserves a special mention and is more than deserving of its awards. Definitely a place to be pampered and indulge yourself.

One of the reasons why this hotel continues to improve is Zoe Jenkins' concern for guest feedback, and her engagement with comments posted on this site. TripAdvisor isn't the be-all in making a decision whether or not to choose one hotel over another but it is certainly influential. So, as an example of how not to manage your dissatisfied guests, I invite you to take a look at The Priory Hotel, Wareham (reviewed in 2012). Here you will find responses that border on the spiteful/venomous and which ignore the facts. The staff are never wrong, change is not a good thing. And this from a hotel that charges out a suite at just £15 less than Coworth Park!

In summary, choose Coworth Park for a relaxing stay at any time of the year (checking first that there are no large group events if those would bother you). In the spring/summer there's a fantastic wild flower meadow to enjoy, there's polo, the tennis court, easy access to Windsor Great Park... Out of season the hotel and local towns and villages are quiet and great to explore.

Just go!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to share your kind feedback regarding your experiences at Coworth Park over the past two years. It is a pleasure to see that you enjoy staying with us and rest assured I will pass on your comments to everyone in the team, as we work hard to make sure we deliver great service in the countryside, and aim to make sure everyone feels at home with us. I hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you to back to Coworth Park personally very soon.
Best wishes, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collections
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I spent a weekend here to celebrate an anniversary. Beautiful hotel - we stayed in some sort of Wendy house near the barn (not in the main house) and it was fantastic. Room was modern, luxurious and tastefully furnished, very charming overall. All staff were excellent and service was 100% up to 5 star standard - I cannot praise them enough.

We had dinner at the main house restaurant - decor was stylish, food was good and, again, service was excellent. Breakfast comes highly recommended too - good selection and top quality.

My only criticism is that when we went (November), there wasn't much to do there. We went for a short walk around the grounds and there is of course the swimming pool, but on the hotel website there is a very extensive list of activities yet when we enquired, none of them seemed to be running. Perhaps it's better in summertime.

Otherwise, a lovely stay and easily one of my favourite hotels outside of London.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time out to leave a review of your recent weekend at Coworth Park. I am pleased to read how much you enjoyed celebrating your anniversary with us and how much you liked the dining options available. Thank you for your comments on activities available, we do offer all guests a choice of local country walks and bike rides and further country pursuits can be arranged for all our guests. We would be more than happy to arrange these for you on your next visit.
Best wishes, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed at this amazing hotel for three nights with our children and grandson and what a fantastic hotel. Pure luxury. The staff were so helpful and friendly and my 2 year old grandson loved it. They all made such a fuss of him. Hotel very child friendly. Beautiful grounds and wonderful spa . Wherever you want to go if you dont want to walk they have buggies for transport cant wait to come back. The rooms were wonderful with lovely bathrooms in the mansion house.
Thankyou to all the staff.

Sharon

Room Tip: Rooms 6 and 8 in the mansion house has an adjoining door so is very good for a family
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely feedback on your stay at Coworth Park. I am delighted to hear that you and your family had such a wonderful stay. I shall pass your kind comments to the team and we shall look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Right, so my amazing boyfriend took me to Coworth Park for ONLY a night yet it was one of the BEST experiences of my life!! So we stayed in room 31, the Junior Suite in the Mansion House and the room was gorgeous (as you can imagine). When we first got there, a wonderful lady welcomed us and took our car keys and unpacked the boot. My bf had my Xmas presents in the boot and didn't want me seeing it, so all the staff did their very best to ensure I couldn't see what they were up to. On my bf's command, the presents were taken up to our suite, laid out prettily on the bed, there were rose petals and roses on the bed too. On the coffee table there were two bunches of gorgeous roses too and a bottle of complementary champagne. During our stay they catered to all our needs and treated us like royalty. I felt like a princess - okay maybe cause my bf is bloody amazing and has a heart of Gold!! But they really did do their best for everything to be perfect and romantic. The bathroom in our suite was also gorgeous! I had a beautiful bubble bath in rose petals, it was heavenly. I also had a mini Xmas tree in my room with pretty lights - that was the cherry on the top of it all. In the evening we also dressed up and ate at The Restaurant Coworth Park - the food wasn't as good as I thought it'd be however I was cranky as I felt cold in my dress - so that's probably why I couldn't enjoy my meal. I only eat halal meat and they catered to my needs, which I am grateful for. My bf enjoyed his food so I guess it was good and it's just me. I wish we could have stayed three nights but due to commitments it wasn't possible. We also went to the spa and it's absolutely stunning! They also have separate rooms where you can have spa treatments which is lovely. There's a range of treatments to choose from. You can also get your hair and nails done which is fab. However, you should book this in advance as they call stylists in for the hair and nails.
But anyway, I definitely recommend a visit to Coworth Park - they will really and truly take care of you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mlle_sarah_r
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time out to provide such a lovely and detailed review of your recent stay at Coworth Park. I am delighted to read that you and your partner had the opportunity to experience many aspects of Coworth Park, including the festive atmosphere, dining in Restaurant Coworth Park and The Spa. It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with the team, who take great pride in the service we offer our guests here, and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have just come back from a family holiday; this was a fantastic hotel and we had a great trip,

the rooms in the mansion house were excellent, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, the food was delicous and my 2 yr old son benji loved it; very well suited for young families as well as grandparents.

thomas the restaurant manager was particularly helpful as was vaughan but overall i would strongly recommend this hotel.

p

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul B
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such kind feedback of your recent stay at Coworth Park. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the whole experience and I’m delighted that you decided to spend Christmas with us. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with Thomas, Vaughan and the rest of the team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back here again soon.
Best regards, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ascot
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Great Fosters
Great Fosters
#1 of 5 in Egham
Macdonald Windsor Hotel

Been to Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection? Share your experiences!