“Yet another AMAZING STAY at Coworth!!”

Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ascot
Paris, France
“Yet another AMAZING STAY at Coworth!!”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

This is my 3rd stay at Coworth, and i simply had to share my delight.
I was staying at the hotel due to its reasonable proximity to Heathrow, my girlfriend was returning from climbing Mt Kilamanjaro. So i decided to book coworth for a relaxing break.
The hotel exceeded every expectation from organising the very best room, chocolates, flowers, a bentley to do the return trip to the airport, an amazing meal at John Campbells.
Simply exquisite!!
When i first stayed at this hotel at around the time it opened its doors i proclaimed Coworth Park was one of the UK's finest hotels, now, over a year on, i am pleased to report the hotel has got better and better! The levels of service from everyone is second to none, the Dorchester class mixed with the simple touches makes this hotel simply outstanding!
thank you SO MUCH to everyone at Coworth Park!!!

2 Thank JamieLansdell
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
What an amazing accomplishment for your girlfriend! I’m very happy to hear that your weekend at Coworth Park lived up to your expectations and provided the relaxing weekend that you were looking for. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the rest of the team who will be very happy to hear your feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the future.
Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2011

If you go by "no pain no gain" then Coworth Park might be just the place for you. But I would expect to have the basics covered when you pay a min of £800 for a weekend's stay (for a regular room type). We were planning to visit Coworth Park (and were very excited about our little treat) for a special occasion, but as it turned out there was no availability at the restaurant on either night (!!). I have given up trying, after several hopeless attempts of trying to appeal to an eastern European lady at the reservation department, who made no attempt to suggest any alternatives.

I cannot begin to imagine how one can claim the status of a top destination retreat in the country with no facilities to offer to your paying (!!!) residents. I have been in a luxury market for over 10 years and there is much to say about customer satisfaction - something that goes way beyond the perfectly starched napkins and the cashmere bed throws…

Dissatisfied would be client

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank BloggerRU
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologise for the complication while booking Coworth Park. I would very much like to speak with you further about your experience. I would appreciate it if you could contact me directly at your convenience.
I look forward to speaking with you.
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2011

My husband and I just spent a lovely night here to celebrate his birthday.
At check in there was a small mix up with the room type I had booked but they quickly organised the change and we were able to check in before 3pm. The room was one of the best we have stayed in, certainanly in the UK. Huge bed, pop up B+O TV which you could move round 360 degrees at the touch of a button. Large bathroom with free standing copper bath, seperate shower and double basins.
We had a relaxing afternoon in the spa and the treatments were excellent.
Dinner in the John Campbell restaurant was fantastic and great value at £60 for 3 courses.
On check out we were given a goody bag which included a nice bottle of champange to apologise for the room mix up and our luggage taking a while to get up to the room!! Nice touch.
We are already looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
I’m delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Coworth Park for your husband’s birthday. I do apologise for the mix up at check in, but I’m happy to see that it was all taken care of and that you enjoyed the rest of your time with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Coworth Park again soon!
London
Reviewed November 13, 2011

My wife and I spent a night at Coworth Park to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary. The hotel has many good points -stunning setting, state of the art spa, friendly staff (but they seem to outnumber guests which may be too much of a good thing), fine restaurant and for all this one is prepared to pay a great deal of money. But how much better to be up front about the true cost,for example of dinner where a £60 a la carte menu turns out to be ex 20% VAT and a compulsory 12.5% service charge on top of that. In the same way two 125ml glasses of wine after dinner turn out to have cost £43.88 by the addition of 20% and then 12.5% on top of the listed price. Dorchester may take the view that if you worry about such things you should not be there but personally I like to see prices inclusive of VAT which is the norm in top hotels and restaurants in the UK and I like to have the option as to whether to leave 12.5% service which if the service has been good, which it was, I am happy to do.
If you decide to let your bank balance take the strain be aware that when you pay the bill, even an hour before the rather early 11am checkout, your room key will be automatically disabled instantaneously and so you need to have emptied your room before you pay the bill. As some of the rooms are at a distance from the main house you may not want to have to return for a new key. The room was excellent but if might have been nice to have been told that the promised upgrade subject to availability was not possible rather than being left to conclude that oneself. £785 for two for one night including dinner, a bar lunch and breakfast at least motivates one to check out the competition before returning which otherwise would be an attractive prospect.

1 Thank Nigel26
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at Coworth Park. We have been trying to contact you to discuss your comments relating to your stay at Coworth Park and our pricing policy. I can confirm that all our prices in the restaurants at Coworth Park include VAT and all menus include this in published prices. A discretionary service charge is added to the bill when presented to guests.
I would however welcome the opportunity to speak to you personally about your stay and invite you to contact me directly at your convenience.
I look forward to hearing from you.

london
Reviewed November 8, 2011

spent a spendid weekend at this superb hotel. We were served by the most pleasant helpful staff.
We stayed in the converted stables rooms. The room was a deluxe king room, absolutely beautiful, elegantly furnished and spacious. Our room had an outdoor sitting area overlooking the courtyard. There was a king size leather backed four poster bed, very comfortable. Bang and Olufsen LCD/Plasma/flat screen TV, Ipod docking station, DVD player and a Nespresso coffe machine.
The bathroom was spacious with copper baths and underfloor heating. soft fluffy towels, bathrobes and a fantastic range of bath soaps and shampoos.
We dinned in the John Campbell gourmet fine cuisine restaurant within the mansion house. The food was delicious and well presented. We also ate the following night in the informal converted barn restaurant which served excellent food.
We also had their afternoon tea in the drawing room, lovely finger sandwiches, scones and pastries. I highly recommend this.
The spa was luxurious with a roof of fragrant herbs. They have an impressive list of treatments.I felt very relaxed afterwards. There is a heated pool with under water misic and a well equipped gym.
They also have an equestrian centre which we did not use.
All in all this a fantastic place to spend a romantic weekend or a special celebration.My partner and I will be coming back here for sure..I recommend it to you all. You will love love love it!!! The service is very very good.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Thank you for sharing you enthusiastic recommendation of Coworth Park. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your weekend. The team and I all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
London
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Great rooms and facilities and immaculate grounds. We liked the barn restaurant particularly and most of staff are friendly deliver good service but we did have a few issues...
No jacuzzi in the spa which is a shame.
Because so many of the rooms are located away from the main hotel building it does have more of a 'complex' feel than a cosy country house hotel.
Perhaps its proximity to London affects this but both in terms of other guests staying at the hotel and also the staff, I didn't feel much warmth or joy in people. The staff are professional and polite but I just didn't feel the warmth and atmosphere you find in other parts of the country e.g. Lucknam Park, Cowley Manor, Devonshire Arms at Bolton Abbey.
We left our room on the Saturday at 9.30am and got back at 2.45pm to find it hadn't been made up, the excuse being they were very busy!
Service in the main restaurant was ok as long as you fitted in with the hotel. We arrived on time for our Saturday night dinner but were told we had to sit down straight away and not have a drink in the bar first.
On the Friday night we had booked in the barn for 9.15pm as we thought we were arriving late. When we arrived early I called and asked if we could eat at 7pm and was told no as the restaurant was full that night. In the end we walked down at 7pm anyway and found only 1 table occupied. I appreciate restaurants need to spread diners out but in this case flexibility showing some flexibility would have been appropriate.
We did have a nice weekend and I wouldn't want to put others off because I am sure you would have a great time. We are glad we went but don't have a strong pull to return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we value hearing from all our guests as we are constantly striving to improve the experience at Coworth Park. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further and would be grateful if you could contact me directly at your convenience.
London, England
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Spent 4 days here as a "mini break". From arriving to departing (which we did with a heavy heart) I cannot fault anything about the hotel, staff or location.
Check in was swift and friendly. My car was whisked away and all bags quickly transferred. We stayed in a stable junior suite which was immaculate - the layout perfect (downstairs living room with coffee and tea facilities including a kettle, large plasma TV and upstairs king sized bed with adjoining bathroom). One comment I have though, is check the bathroom facilities before booking as our bath was very high and if you have any mobility issues you would not be able to use it. Another comment is the wifi - £16 for the day seems excessive - you can have the option of a free 20 mins but would suggest that they should take a leaf out of the American book and provide it for free as a nice gesture.
The Spa area was superb with a small but very functional Gym. The pool was beautiful and not chlorinated, although if you want a serious swim it would be better to go in the morning as in the afternoon there were quite a few children in it. We had our breakfasts in the Barn (£20 for cold buffet and £25 for a hot breakfast plus cold buffet). Every meal was beautifully presented and perfectly cooked and large enough so you didn't need to eat lunch. We had one supper in the Barn (good rustic food) - be warned however that the acoustics are not great and if there is a big group then hearing each other can be difficult. The other 2 dinners were in the John Campbell Restaurant which were superb. The ambience was perfect, the Maitre D' lovely and the waiters efficient, courteous but not over bearing. We chose to have the £60 A la Carte option which was just the right amount of food leaving you sated but not stuffed! The tasting menu looked wonderful but seemed a little too much. The food was amazing with a combination of very interesting flavours.
Finally the location is perfect - it is a stone's throw from the Blacknest gate leading into Virginia Water, Windsor Great Park. If you want to stray from the hotel, Windsor is close and Central London easy to get to.
All in all a perfect hotel, friendly and happy staff and I am trying to work out how soon I can get back there!!!!

• Stayed October 2011
I’m very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your mini-break at Coworth Park. It sounds like you made the most of our 240 acre estate as well as the surrounding area. I will be happy to share your enthusiastic compliments with my team as they take great pride in our guests’ enjoyment.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Zoë Jenkins, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ascot
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Royal Berkshire Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sunninghill
Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel

Been to Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection? Share your experiences!