“Pretty good”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Overall the food and service here were pretty good. Went there early in the evening so the place was pretty empty to start but the atmosphere improved as it filled up.

The menu is not extensive but everything our group tried was delicious. The service was good and the staff were all cheerful and helpful.

The prices were not unreasonable and I liked the option of a half litre carafe of wine.

1  Thank QJH
Matt G, Manager at The Vine Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Thank you for your kind words I will ensure the staff receive your comments.

Hope to see you again

Matt Greewnood
Food and Beverage Manager

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I was a little disappointed with The Vine Restaurant. It seems to be caught between offering food at a reasonable price and attempting to be a more upmarket restaurant.

The service is fairly formal and is delivered in bursts of enthusiasm. We had some issues finding staff on several occasions.

There were lots of items on the menu which were not available. a reduced set of alternatives were offered.

My partners meal had a couple of items substituted without any comment or explanation. I'm not sure if they assumed we wouldn't notice. We may have caught them on a bad day.

Overall the food was OK, but not something i would rush back for.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

We enjoyed the first courses of our meal, but the deserts were not of the same standard. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I have not had lunch or dinner at The Vine; but I have had the full tea there twice, and that is my recommendation. The amount of food - finger sandwiches, scones, sweets - is huge and all so tasty. Our server, at our request, nicely packaged what we could not eat so we could carry it with us. The restaurant itself is very pretty, and the inn has an interesting history.

1  Thank gafarmgirl623
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We enjoyed a very relaxing meal in the Red Lion. The staff were very polite and friendly and didn't feel rushed at all. The food was lovely and very reasonably priced. Looking forward to our next visit.