“A little Italian Gem.”

Il Restaurant Alpino
Ranked #55 of 276 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family Owned Italian restaurant in Salisbury city centre. Serving Traditional home style Italian Cuisine
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Luckily my friend new this restaurant when we visited Salisbury for the weekend. It would be easy to miss unless you were in the know. You can't see the restaurant from the street. As I walked up the rather scruffy stairs, I wondered what I would find! However, I needn't have worried - on the first floor was a cosy bar where our orders were taken. Before long we were led upstairs to the light airy restaurant.
The food was delicious with generous portions and the waiters were attentive and friendly. I would definitely eat here again and will look forward to returning to Salisbury before too long.

1  Thank Alikitten23

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My mum had been taking me here for years, since i was a toddler!

its probably one of the most original resturants in salisury, the food is lovely and the prices are great. the service is really good and fast! Vino is lovely, and is very polite.

excellent atmosphere :)

going to start taking the 5 month old as soon as he can eat real food, to keep up the family tradition!

1  Thank AshleighH793
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Most people probaly walk past this but you have to visit. Great price , so different inside, dont think its disabled friendly as its a flight of stairs, but this family ran restaurant is a fab lil eatery

1  Thank Georgie B
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Lovely food and prices. Super speedy and friendly service. Also child friendly. Vino is lovely. You can also see the staff working in the kitchen. My only complaint is twice now we have had lunch near there closing time but they havent told us this when seating us. Both times we were not offered a pudding as the staff had cleared it away already and shut the kitchen. We were basically pushed out and lights were turnt of around us. It would have been nice to have been told the closing time and then if we did not wont to be rushed we could have made the choice to have stayed or not.

1  Thank mavispig
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We just loved this place, from the scruffy entrance, the mural type paintings on the walls, your Patron with his black suit and tie looking like somebody who's just left the set of a film about the Mafia to the really great Italian food.

This place is not about the setting it's about food! Hey it's above a row of shops!

The menu is fairly basic but don't let that put you off, if it's not on the menu and you want something different they will do what they can. I'm a great fan of Veal Saltimbocca it wasn't on the menu so I asked. The chef produced the best Saltimbocca I've ever had!

My wife had the Ravioli which was also great.
The staff are friendly and I thought the prices were reasonable

Drinks first, 2 starters, 2 mains, bottle of wine, coffee and liquors for £75 inc tip

One word of warning the portions are big especially the pasta

Would I go again? Yes without doubt