“Terrible service, food not great, would never go back.”
Review of Strada - Salisbury - CLOSED

Strada - Salisbury
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since opening its doors in March 2007, Strada Salisbury has proven hugely popular with both locals and visitors to the area. The restaurant overlooks the market place and is within easy walking distance from the Salisbury Playhouse and Salisbury Cathedral. Strada Salisbury is a part of the well-known group of contemporary Italian restaurants located on the high street serving good quality, simple, freshly prepared dishes using the finest seasonal produce available. The menus offer hand stretched pizzas, fresh pastas and risotto, as well as grilled meat and fish dishes.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My starter turned up after the rest of my family had eaten theirs. Then my main turned up after my family had got through half of their mains and they did not bring out what I asked for. It was then brought back out to me once everyone else had almost finished theirs and one half of the food was piping hot and the other half stone cold!
I would warn people to stay away from this place if they are busy as they obviously cannot cope under stress and the chef nees to be fired! None of my family where impressed with the food they had and all in all, they ruined our night out.

1  Thank Barts123

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Went to Strada Salisbury yesterday for a treat. As we sat we were told there was no fish, asked for olives, no olives (in an Italian restaurant!), but you could have olives on your pizza or in your salad. Lots of other items out of stock including about half of the puds. "New" menu very poor and uninspiring, no tuna, or other favourites. I had a quattro stagioni pizza, ok but barely cooked, a la pizzaexpress (they weren't busy). Shame, love Strada and particularly this one, be a while before I return.

2  Thank ed n
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Strada was a great find in Salisbury especially when we drove in late and were looking for a nice place to end the day. The food was really yummy and some of the best Italian we had eaten in the UK. The waitress was really attentive and the service prompt. We enjoyed the wine from a pretty comprehensive wine list as well. Not the cheapest around, but not over the top either.

1  Thank Mrs A
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have regularly eaten at Strada, Salisbury over the last few years. Sometimes visited with the whole family and sometimes as a couple. Have always found it a good quality venue. Staff are always, friendly and food very good. In particular it's always been nice for a 'romantic' meal out with good low level 'mood' lighting.

However, I took my wife there recently (Sept 12) for a special occasion meal and was nearly blinded by the bright lights! Honestly, it was like eating whilst under interrogation! Spot lights on full everywhere and hanging bright lights in-between for good measure! There was no ambiance at all. I did mention to the staff but nothing was done even to take the edge of it!

I would have given 4 or 5 stars normally but seeing as this ruined what was to be a nice evening I'm struggling to give them 3 (food was still good though and staff still friendly).

I won't be returning until they sort this out (suppose I could wear sun glasses though)...shame really.

2  Thank tripbfyoda
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Super Meal and very good service by very friendly staff. Very welcome after a good days shopping in Salisbury.

1  Thank chatwin3