All reviews lovely site large pitches touring park shower block weekend break privacy margret racecourse combe facilities tv heating stonehenge
Selected filters
Reviewed February 22, 2019

Stayed for 3 nights in Feb 2019, a great base for walks.The site was neat and tidy also quiet at night. Friendly owners who have been there since the early 80's. Only downside was that the showers could have been hotter.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2018

If we could give this points out of 10 ? we would give it 11.
So well run. Clean tidy .toilets showers etc spotless.
Help full owners who put our caravan that we hired overnight next to our sons motor home, so we were together.
Nice relaxing park. Where you can totally relax and recharge the batties

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2018

We camped her for 3 nights. It was a base to travel to a few different places really.

I had booked via email, and had confirmation, but when I arrived, the owners did not have a record of it, I showed them the email, and luckily they had pitches available. Not sure what I would have done if they didnt have space. The owner showed us to our pitch, and left us to it. I wasnt aware of where the facilities were, so when pitched I had to find out myself.

The facilities were lovely, clean showers albeit only 3 and the water goes off quickly, lots of toilets, nice dishwashing facilities. Had a 'meeting room' with tables, chairs and tv, also free use of usb points, toaster and a hot water tank (for tea/coffee etc).
There is also an oven and hob at a charge. Just outside there there are 2 lockable fridges (that you need to prebook).
They had a family room, with a bath that was great for my little one, but the door was frosted glass, so people could see through. You also have to request the key from reception.

Where we were pitched was quite a bit from the toilet, so something for me to remember for further trips (request to be closer to the toilets.)

If camping, I would suggest you need rock pegs.

I wont be staying here again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

I came on my own to be near my kids at summer camp, just in case they needed me (which one did). It's my husband who dies the hitching and unhitching and I was worried about having problems. The owner/manager wad superb
He reversed the caravan into position, unhitched and leveled it and even put the wheel clamp on for me (he drew the line at the washing up). I could not of asked for anyone to be more helpful and friendly.
As for the actual campsite, well, it's very tidy, the pitches are huge and the view spectacular. There's even a kitchen and a massive area of indoor and outdoor table/chairs for people in tents. I've never seen that facility before.
It's right next to Salisbury racecourse and I'm looking forward to viewing the race from my van tomorrow.
I'd definitely come back here.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Our first caravan Park of the trip and truly standard setting. Super clean bathrooms and showers with perfect hot water, large spacious campsites, nice laundry room. Wish more Caravan sites were this nice for £20

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple