“Excellent Chinese cuisine” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of THE JADE - CLOSED

THE JADE
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Excellent Chinese cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

The Jade is not your average Chinese restaurant,the prices dictate this. If your after quality food at over average cost then this is an ideal choice. 2 person meal with a decent bottle of wine a beer came in at a touch under £80 but worth every penny. We ate off the set menu which included lobster and veal. Highly recommended !

Salisbury, England, United Kingdom
“Great sea food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have been going to the Jade for years. It is always good. The Jade specialises in sea food. When ordering leave it to them to suggest a menu, you will then get the best and freshest fish.

Don't let the decor put you off, the Jade is stuck in a 1980s sartorial time warp.

You will need to book.

Visited May 2012
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food, service a little iffy.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I've eaten at The Jade a handful of times and decided to take my other half there for dinner one night. I know some people say the staff come across as rude, and well, they do, but it's their culture if you ask me. I've never had a problem with it up until we went earlier this week. We were grunted at and shown to our table (The normal) and then brought our menus. Shortly after, the Cantonese lady came to take our order for drinks. I immediately asked for a coke and my boyfriend (who is 21) asked to see the beer menu.. to which the woman snapped "Soft drinks are here." and abruptly pointed to the the page. Yes, he may not look 21, but he looks 18 at least.. or perhaps not to her. She didn't even give him a chance to show ID, she made him feel so embarrassed over her reaction, he asked for a water. That to me, was a little out of line. However, the staff were very attentive during the meal and the food, as always, was spectacular. My other half is head chef at The Haunch of Venison, in Salisbury, and he LOVED the food. For quality and quantity it's not badly priced in my eyes. (£50-60 to feed a couple with 4 courses) Moral of the story, stunning food, just make sure you look your age! and don't be phased by rudeness.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Favourite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

The Jade is my favourite resturant of all time, i dont get the chance to go here often though as its quite pricey, but you should expect it too be quite pricey considering the quantity and quiality of the food.

Lovely decor, staff are amazing, its definately a resturant that everyone should experience!

“the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

this restaurant is amazing, the seafood platter is to die for in fact everything i ate was absolutely delicious. the staff especially joe is very helpfull we told him the sort of things we liked and he bought us a selection of dishes which were all superb, deep fried crispy squid, and the lobster which he will bring out two and ask you to choose which one you would like, fantasic.

• Visited June 2012