“It was one of the most perfect culinary experiences of my life”
Review of Howards House

Howards House
Ranked #43 of 278 Restaurants in Salisbury
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2012

It was a quiet evening for them, We were treated like royality. Every thing they did was so subtle, clever, and in great taste.

Reviewed December 17, 2011

In a light and attractively furnished dining room, overlooking a charming garden, we enjoyed beautifully prepared food with an emphasis on local produce, cooked with confidence and flair. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner here, and found everything delicious.

1  Thank youarewhatyoueat
Reviewed December 12, 2011

just georgous !! set in the most stunning Wiltshire village which itself is in a time warp a wonderful building with lovely kind welcoming staff .The food that we have now experienced three time has been very very good,always sad to leave but what memories !!!

1  Thank Elizabethcooking
Reviewed July 28, 2011

A gracious welcome and a walk through the hotel led us to a lovely terrace and garden. The menu, while not lengthy, was interesting and the food was superb and presentation was simple sophistication. The wine list, while not overly long, was well chosen and priced, with many choices of French bottles. Service was friendly and right on target. The surrounding village is
small and charming but "lived in" and the valley is one of the most beautiful I have seen in Wiltshire. Would love to return for a weekend in this heavenly place.

1  Thank Robert G
Reviewed February 22, 2011

When my friend sent me the link to this hotel my expectations were high. Granted it was in a pretty valley, from the outside the hotel was pretty. The lady who greeted us was very pleasant and we were given a key on a big curtain tassel which I thought was a nice touch.

Our room, however, was a bit basic, the windows were great, almost like church windows set in thick stone. There was a step down into the bathroom which no one warned me about. It was pleasant but not out of the ordinary. The television had a bad picture, I know you don't go away to watch the tv but it would have been good if my friend had been able to watch the rugby while we were getting ready for dinner. There was a fancyish box with the tea and coffee in and we were pleased that there was a cafetiere and ground coffee, unfortunately it was the really weak variety. We were there for two nights and struggled to get any hot water at all.

Dinner wasn't included although the food was quite good and the service was good.

I didn't dislike it but I did think at a special offer rate of £175 per night per room I was expecting a bit more and was disappointed also dinner wasn't cheap, overall it was an expensive weekend and I felt a bit short-changed.

1  Thank DontLikeDowns
HowardsHouse, Partner at Howards House, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Many thanks for the review of Howard's House that you shared in 2011. Apologies for the extremely belated response - we have only recently become acquainted with Trip Advisor!

It's lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, but we were sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your experience.

I am happy to say that that majority of concerns you raised are now been addressed. In the period since your visit we have invested quite a bit into improving both our service offering and our physical amenities. All our bedrooms and bathrooms have been refurbished and now represent a considerably higher standard. Our television system has also been updated.

Providing our guests with good value for money is also very important to us. In light of this we have consciously maintained the same tariff for three years, and coupled with the significant improvements to our rooms we feel that good value is certainly something we offer. We also have a very popular dinner-inclusive 3 night break which is superb value and very popular as a result.

It has been very helpful to receive your feedback, so thank you for taking the time to offer it. We do hope that you would find your experience more wholly satisfactory should we have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Best wishes,