“Quality”

Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
“Quality”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had a fantastic evening at Hox, the service is exceptional and the food is very good. Lovely atmosphere too. Not that cheap but worth it. Will definitely be going back, we treat it a little like a treat :)

• Visited October 2013

“Very disappointing”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Visited Hox Brasserie (HB) with my wife on Saturday 2nd November. We did not have a reservation but there were plenty of spaces available. From the outside HB gives the impression that it is a modern contemporary Asian restaurant and the decor on the inside attempts to be contemporary but somehow lacks the finer points of a restaurant such as Anookha. We were served quickly by a very pleasant waiter and our poppadoms and pickles arrived promptly. I can say without any doubt these pickles were the blandest pickles I have had the misfortune to be served with. The minted yogurt pickle was tasteless as was the mango chutney. One pickle dish was a very bright red sauce that looked and tasted like it had been made from a tin of chopped tomatoes, thickened with some tomato paste and given a sprinkle of pepper. The poppadoms were also equally tasteless and were too oily.
I did tell the manager and to his credit he appeared genuinely concerned at the standard of the food. He managed to produce an excellent Chicken Jalfrezi and Peshwari naan. I like to support local restaurants and give credit where it is due. HB needs to review its menu as it is dull and expensive by comparison to the other high end Salisbury Asian restaurants. It also needs to change the menu cards as they are grubby and have seen better days.

Ramsbottom
“Indian food with a modern edge.”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We chose this restaurant on personal recommendation. We were not disappointed. Smart modern decor. We were a little short on elbow room at the table but we were excited by the menu. It was a mix of traditional Indian dishes with other more unexpected items. I struggled to decide what to have because there were a couple of dishes I fancied. Finally settled on fish cakes, chicken biriyani and finished with a chocolate dessert. There was a fish curry that looked good as well. The food was nicely presented and the portions were just right. One down side was that one of our party ordered the creme brulee which tasted extremely odd and the tea and coffee we ordered also had a weird taste. However, we were offered a complimentary liqueur. The staff were very courteous.

• Visited September 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Variety of fresh Indian Food”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Some authentic Indian and some of our old British Indian favourites.
Tasty and fresh flavours with something for everybody (regardless of heat tolerance)
All round delicious. We shared the dishes amongst ourselves to get a taste of everything.

Looks out over a church and a roundabout, but noise not a problem

Service good, with attentive and friendly waiters

• Visited August 2013
“Average”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Well, that's just it, it was average. Mediocre food, slow to be sent out of the kitchen, however super fast service. So fast, that I had hardly finished my mouthful before my plate was whisked out from in front of me. The waiters also hovered too close for my liking, as if they wanted to join us for dinner.

Visited May 2013