“Now I know why it is so popular”
Review of Hox Brasserie - CLOSED

Hox Brasserie
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We originally meant to go to another indian restaurant which was booked, so tried Hox, having avoided it before as it had a reputation for being a bit pricey. Although we didn't reserve (advised, esp. at weekends) we got a table in completely booked restaurant. Wow what a revelation. One taste of the mixed starter and I knew this was food of a much higher standard. Delicious, and cleverly and distinctively spiced. For the main, my wife, who normally always has CTM, was gently persuaded to try instead the chicken methi, which was similar in style. I had the rogan josh; meltingly tender lamb in a rich and pungent (but not "hot") sauce. Seriously impressed. The service and friendliness of the staff was also very good. With a bottle of wine (also well recommended - a chilean rose) and desert it came to ~£60, but when you have food of this quality and taste it was well worth the money. I would happily recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Jabez W
There are newer reviews for Hox Brasserie

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Nice Indian food with a difference everything tasted sooo good very tasty great service great food highly recommended

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Lovely place, great staff and starters amazing. Bit pricey and limited vegetarian menu but what they do offer is yummy. Have it on good authority that the fish dishes are very good.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Have eaten here many times when visiting Salisbury and never found cause to complain. Excellent service and great food.

The bill for two was almost £60 including drinks. Not cheap, but worth it for a great evening.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We've eaten at the Hox on lots of occassions and have never been disappointed. But I think that our visit yesterday was the best ever! We took a group of friends and family (including two teenagers) to celebrate my husband's birthday - fabulous food, service was outstanding they always go the extra mile and make you feel special as soon as you walk through the door, and very good value for money. I my opinion, it's currently the best restaurant in Salisbury!