“Delicious Thai in Salisbury”
Review of Chang Thong Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Chang Thong Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
London
“Delicious Thai in Salisbury”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We had a delicious supper, with very attentive service (a delightful smiley waitress). The Chang Tong decor is rough and ready but the food was authentic, tasty and thoroughly enjoyable. We love Thai food and this restaurant lived up to our hopes and expectations.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank ALF100

• Thai first
Bath
“It was OK”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Second visit. Nice friendly service. The place is a little shabby and could do with a refresh, decor, furniture and menu. Small menu, food is OK, but certainly not great. I really feel that it lacks the complexity of flavours that I would normally expect from Thai food, it lacked a lot of the aromatic notes. Generous portion sizes so you won't go hungry. Asked for coffee at the end of the meal but they were unable to serve as they had run out of milk. I really would have expected someone to go out a fetch a pint of milk rather than come to the table and say they can't do coffee as they don't have milk, it was early evening and there were nearby shops open.

Visited August 2011
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Special Treatment, you took customer service to the next level !”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I'm a proffesional chef who found myself in Salisbury doing relief work for a local hotel.
I saw the ladies from the Chang Thong Restaurant running a small food stall in the farmers market when I asked where the Restaurant was I was pointed in the right direction (blink and you might miss it !) in the corner of the market square up a flight of stairs.
Later that evening I returned having travelled all around Thailand and had already decided what I wanted to eat . When the waitress saw my disapointment that what I wanted was not on the Menu, she said she would ask the Chef, Chef arrived at the table and I told her what I would like (in Thai) she went to the kitchen and prepared exactly what I ordered then even table checked me personaly to see if everything was ok, which it was. More than ok it was Aroy mak mak !! (Thai for delicious) .
My off menu meal was great, authentic and good value washed down with a cold Singha beer.
Thanks for making me feel so welcome Chang Thong !! Chok dee khrap (good luck)

• Visited July 2011
Salisbury
“Very good quality at reasonable prices”
Reviewed March 2, 2009

I found this to be a very good restaurant for a good basic meal.

The food is wholesome and cooked fresh by the owner (who is Thai). All of the 'standard' dishes are available, and the starters are particularly good. This is the place where the local Thai people go.

The wine list is brief but good - the house wines are good value, while the Alsatian Tokay d'Alsace is a superb match for Thai food.

Lacks a bit of the style found in places like Hox or Anokaa - but it also lacks the high prices! Nevertheless the building is genuinely old and interesting in its own right. It's a bit difficult to find as it is stuck away in the corner of the Market Square with only door at street level - the rest of the restaurant is upstairs.

Salisbury wiltshire
“Outstanding Thai!!”
Reviewed January 29, 2009

We have just had the most brilliant Thai meal ever in Chang Thong! It was a quiet evening so we had superb service, very attentive - in fact they couldn't do enough to please us.

The restaurant is somewhat hidden in the market square so you will need to look for it, but it is worth the look!

The food is absolutely wonderful, all cooked by the Thai owner with all fresh vegetables and fish used. The portions are very generous and I can recommend the noodles - they are brilliant. We also had the tempura vegetables which were in a wonderfully light batter. You can choose the strength of heat within your meal and if there are any ingredients you do not like they will happily leave them out or swop them for an alternative.

We can't wait to go back again.

Well done Chang Thong!