“Fabulous, well worth a visit”
Review of Anokaa Restaurant

Anokaa Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Anokaa Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 271 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous, well worth a visit”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

On our first trip to Salisbury in the rain & on a Sunday night we came across this beautiful restaurant serving absolutely fantastic food which certainly brightened up our night. Anokaa provides a lovely atmosphere, the decor is warm with plenty of atmosphere (it's also immaculately clean) the service is excellent but discreet & the food is probably some of the best I've had in a long time. Flavoursome, different to your average Indian the scallop starter was beautiful followed by a very different Avocado stuffed Chicken Masala, amazing! Served with tasty rice & a gorgeous date & ginger naan. My other half loved the Goan Beef starter followed by the Cinnamon Duck which rivalled my own chicken dish on flavour & presentation. A fantastic restaurant definitely worth a visit if you're visiting Salisbury & somewhere we'll be heading to again once we make the move down there, would even drive the 4hrs just for the naan bread & bottle of Kingfisher!

• Visited March 2014

Faversham, United Kingdom
“There's no point booking in advance as you will join a queue”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

On Friday evening, we looked forward with relish to our pre-booked meal at this restaurant, part of a 'romantic' weekend trip to Salisbury. When we duly arrived at 9pm, we were perplexed to find ourselves in a queue, which at that point consisted of non pre-bookers. When I asked one of the waiters if we could be seated, he said very sorry but you will have to wait a couple of minutes. After waiting around 5 minutes I noiced that someone else asked a similar question and was clearly annoyed with the reply. I therefore asked her if she had pre-booked also to which she replied that they had. Clearly this was a queue of 'pre-bookers'.

After what had turned into around 10 minutes, I next singled out someone who appeared to be more 'managerial'. Very sorry but all my 8 o' clock tables have yet to finish. Give me 5 minutes. I read the riot act to him and said that we were not accustomed to being treated like this and promptly informed him that we were leaving to dine at the Thai restaurant next door (I can recommened that by the way!).

It was clear to me, in as much as the place was completely packed, VERY noisy and with the tables very closely spaced, that this is a 'ship them in, ship them out' establishment that, in my opinion, presumably based on fine reviews, feels that it can profit at any cost from this. There is a fine line here which has been crossed and I doubt very much that giving your name over the phone and requesting a certain time is really going to be taken particularly seriously (in my humble experience).

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Matthew S
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Can't believe we have never been before!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Recommended by some friends who live in Portsmouth we went early on a Sunday evening and were not disappointed. This had to be for all 4 of us the nicest meal we have had in a long time! Service excellent, presentation excellent, food and flavour out of this world! Having lived in Salisbury for nearly 9 years I can't believe this was our first visit, it will definitely not be our last. If you want a bulk standard curry then don't waste your first experience here, go in and choose something very different, you will not be disappointed. Somewhere to go back to now for that special occasion. Thank you

Margate
“Bursting with flavour and class”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I don't normally get excited by Indian food, I know I will enjoy it but I have such a soft spot for Thai I just can't help it. This place however, blew me away. The service was impeccable, the food with overflowing with delicious flavours, the presentation divine and the atmosphere extremely pleasant. If I wasn't just visiting the area and live 150 miles away I would definitely be back often.

Salisbury
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Really impressed. We went on a Saturday lunch time and even though the buffet looked amazing, there was no problem with ordering off the normal menu. Amazing starters, mains and sides. If you like a robust red to wash it down, number 172 is a brilliant find! Can't fault this place.