“Tour of Salisbury”

Green Man Heritage - Tours
Ranked #15 of 19 Tours in Salisbury
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My partner and I had a tour of Salisbury going up to Old Sarum then through Laverstock and back into town. I have lived in Salisbury for over twenty years and found out many facts that I had never know. Well worth a go even if like me you have lived here for more than half your life.

1  Thank will d

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I treated my cousin ,who is an archaeologist, to a day out with Green Man. I accompanied them (I have absolutely no idea about history) with my 10 year old son who thinks he knows everything!

Green Man guided us to Stonehenge first. We not only saw the henge but we also explored the surrounding landscape and longbarrows and rowbarrows. The information was pitched just right for all of us. It was technical for my cousin, simple for me and dispelled a lot of those Horrible Histories' myths my son had learnt.

We then went to Old Sarum where again we learnt so much. Green Man was able to share so much information including his own experiences of digs on the sites bit also the history of digs and what has been previously unearthed. This information is simply not available in the blurb from National Trust or English Heritage; it really brings these historic places to life.

I couldn't recommend using Green Man enough. It was a great day. We enjoyed a bit of banter too and that added another facet to an already multifaceted day. If you're tempted to give it a go - just do it. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Abby K