“Fantastic family run Italian Restaurant with a difference!”
Review of grillado

grillado
Reserve with OpenTable
grillado is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 271 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Second visit here was as good as the first! The food is not the run of the mill Italian, though the usual dishes are available. The whole marinated chicken was especially good both on terms of taste and value. Portions are generous, but save space for pudding! Really friendly staff and family run so they care that little bit more.

There are newer reviews for grillado

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This restaurant hasn't been opened long but from what I understand a re-launch by a local. Before the space had felt very enclosed and tables rammed in and close to other customers but lovely décor and just the right amount of space between tables.

I did struggle and was unable to pick a starter that I liked to look of but a nice waiter was happy to do a side as a starter and said that they were due to change menu and challenged me to return to have something I would like (I am slightly fussy and don't eat fish at all).
Lots of recent advertising didn't fail. I went looking forward to a lemon and herb half chicken and was not disappointed.
There was lots a choice for desert and my chocolate cake was 'lush'.

I was with 5 other people and none of us could complain about our meal.
Final bill was very reasonable for what we had.

Directed some friends there only last night and was texted to say what a lovely meal they had had also.
Worth a visit!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I had read a review on this place and thought we would give it a go, and what a lovely find it was. We had a 2 year old with us and the staff were great with him and although we weren't offered a childs menu they were happy to do him a plain pizza. The lemon and herb rotisserie chicken was amazing and my partners salmon linguine delicious. with a drink included at £7.99 we shall be back.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I ate at Grillado with my wife and we had their signature whole chicken with a selection of dips/ coleslaw and chips with a glass of wine each. The service was extremely good and the atmosphere in the long, thin restaurant warm and fun. The food was very good too. Plenty of it, superbly cooked, wonderfully moist and imaginatively presented. And the wine was good too. The bill was £36, which for the service, atmosphere and quality of food was very good indeed.

We will certainly return and I would recommend it to others too.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

As the place was on the quiet side the staff were very attentive, so full marks, but the food was not quite as expected. Due to the positive reviews, we were expecting a higher standard but the sauces were lacking taste, the chips were a little bit on the soggy side and my chicken was rather too dry in texture despite the heavy sticky coating. The interior is rather dark and gloomy and for us, needed a bit of colour and warmth to life the place.

Overall, not bad but not really sure whether we would visit the place again.

1  Thank pebblehead