“Qudos”
Review of Qudos Hotel

Qudos Hotel
Ranked #15 of 59 Salisbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My Fiance and I stayed in Qudos for two weeks before we moved into our new house. The rooms were comfortable and modern but the bathroom could do with some modernization. This hotel is very close to the city centre, only ten minute walk from Salisbury Cathedral. The staff were friendly and the price of the room was reasonable. We ate in the bar restaurant on one occasion but we wern't very impressed with the food.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
alexmanager, Manager at Qudos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Hi thank you for taking time to review our hotel, I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking at upgrading some of our bathrooms. We also changed our chef in October last year , and have a fantastic new menu available. Please pop in and I am sure you will be impressed !

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Had to be in Salisbury for Monday morning so decided to travel up Sunday night and stay over in Qudos....oh heck what's happening here? The potential is huge but you are punching way below your weight...Lovely welcome from charming bar lady/receptionist,pretty lights around the windows.Bedroom was ok but bathroom grotty..I'm guessing that your in trouble re housekeeping staff and maintenance department? There was a staff meeting going on when we checked out so maybe this will soon be resolved ?

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
alexmanager, Manager at Qudos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Hi Thank you for taking time to review the hotel, we are taking on board your comments, and yes we were having a meeting to discuss certain aspects of the rooms. We can assure you they are being attended to. I shall pass on your kind words to my staff about their service, as we strive to give great customer service to our guests

Alex manager

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed in room 26 which had a massive really comfortable bed and lovely free standing bath with a over head shower. The showers temperature was a little hit and miss. The toilet was set very high leaving both my partner and i on tip toes when were sat down (my partner is 6ft and me 5ft 10)!
All the staff were really friendly. We had a lovely meal of a steak and the fish stew, the staff were really intentive when there was a wait for the food.
There was live music one of the night but we couldn't hear it in our room.
The hotel was only a 5 min walk from the town centre and about 15 min walk to the train station. Shame breakfast wasn't an option but there was loads of places to have breakfast in try Reeves the bakery! We would recommend the hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014
alexmanager, Manager at Qudos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Thank you for your kind review of Qudos, I am glad your room was comfortable and its good to hear my staff were attentive and performing well. I shall pass your kind comments on to them. I am currently checking the hot water issue in that room. Hope you consider us again if you come to Salisbury

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I booked this as a Valentines surprise and was disappointed to find that when we got to our room it hadn't been serviced since the previous occupants had left! The room was lovely after it had been cleaned but there was no hot water so we could not shower or use the jacuzzi bath. The heating seemed to be on for a short time in the morning so the room was cold by checking out time. We advised staff of our issues and we're promised the manager would telephone us but that was a week ago.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
alexmanager, Manager at Qudos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Hi thanks for taking time to review our hotel on Trip advisor. I am sorry to hear of the hot water issue you had in your room. I am attending to the matter and have an engineer coming to check out the issue in that room. I will call you back now I have located your number to offer my appologies

Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband and I had a rare night away without the children and were looking for somewhere of a decent quality, reasonably priced within walking distance of shops, restaurants and things to do for my husband’s birthday.
We found the Qudos online and with the live entertainment it sounded absolutely perfect for us, which it was so booked an hour or so before we arrived.
It’s more of a bar and restaurant with accommodation than a hotel as such (no reception desk, breakfast, newspapers, lounge etc) but the facilities were very good – we checked in at the bar for our room and the lady was very friendly and welcoming and explained everything we needed to know.
The room (26) was a lovely big room with huge bed on the top floor, immaculately clean with super thick towels.
You receive a discount in the restaurant and although we were going to eat – it had a good menu and was reasonably priced it was very busy (Saturday night) so we decided to walk into Salisbury and go for a few drinks and a meal – there are plenty of places to choose from.
We came back later and watched the band who were fantastic. The bar was very busy as they obviously attract a good crowd with their live entertainment and this added to the atmosphere. I really can’t understand all the people on here complaining about the noise – it is made very clear on the website it is loud and re-iterated on the phone at the time of booking and this entertainment was the finishing touch for us.
You do have to pay for car parking over the road but the price isn’t too bad to be in the city centre.
The only downside is they don’t serve breakfast, so very tired and in the pouring rain on a Sunday morning we wandered around looking for somewhere we fancied– there were a few cafes to choose from but even a pre-packed cold breakfast would be something, however this would not stop me coming again.
We really loved Salisbury – there was lots to do within walking distance and we would definitely stay here again and recommend (as long as you like loud music – if you don’t go somewhere else!)

Room Tip: Suites are on top floor - less noise
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
alexmanager, Manager at Qudos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Hi many thanks for taking time to leave a review of Qudos. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the music. Our rooms are well maintained and its pleasing to hear the team are keeping the standards up ! We are looking at the breakfast situation for the future and hope to offer breakfast in the future. I shall pass your comments on to my team , hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Once again our stay was beyond excellent, very helpful staff and a generous discount on their wonderful food, great live music and a very clean room a top night out all under one roof, could not fault our stay :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
alexmanager, Manager at Qudos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Many thanks for taking time to leave a great review, we are very happy your stay was enjoyable and everything was a high standard for you. I shall pass your comments on to my chef and to the floor team , who I am glad to hear are doing a great job! Hope to see you again soon.

Manager at Qudos

Reviewed January 20, 2014

On the plus side - staff were really friendly, the room was lovely, lots of tea and coffee, piping hot shower and great size bed. The noise level from the live band however was, for me, a nightmare. I realise it was my choice and my own mistake, as the fact that it is a live music venue is clearly publicised, but the noise, even on the top floor, was unbearable. So if you want to sleep before midnight this is not the hotel to choose. However if you want to join the party I am sure it is heaven and the perfect central location..

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
alexmanager, General Manager at Qudos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Hi thank you for taking time to leave a review. I am glad the room was comfortable and everything was ok for you. We are a live music venue so on Friday and Saturday nights the music will be heard in the hotel. The music is strictly turned off at 12.30 am on these nights. During the week the music is switched off at 11.00pm. We do publicise this on our web pages but we accept that it will be heard on the weekends.