“Dont rely on Laterooms.com”
Review of Qudos Hotel

Qudos Hotel
Ranked #12 of 59 Salisbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had booked a Saturday night stay at Qudos to enjoy a meal and free music via Laterooms.com but when we arrived they had no record of our booking. However the girl behind the bar was a star and spent ages trying to find us alternative accommodation , which she did ,in a guest house The Victoria Lodge, just down the road. 5 stars for her excelent help! We did eat at Qudos and it was very good,beer good and we really enjoyed the music.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
alexmanager, Manager at Qudos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Hi , thank you for your kind review, its great to hear Sarah was able to help you out and I shall pass your comments on to her! We are very glad you popped in for dinner and enjoyed yourselves and I am pleased my staff did all they could to help you .

Alex manager at Qudos

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Alex was very welcoming and patient when we were trying to work out where to park. Parking is down the road but only a minutes walk. We had large heavy cases and the walk with them was not bad. As there were spare rooms we were given a bigger room (15) at the front of the hotel at no extra charge and without asking for it. they provide you with keys so that you can access the hotel out of hours with no problems.

All good - neat and clean, and we thought reasonable. walking distance to the market and the cathedral. Market day is tuesday.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
alexmanager, Manager at Qudos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Many thanks for your kind review, its great to hear positive feedback ! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again if you travel back to England. Thanks for bringing the sun !! -Alex

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My Wife and I stayed here for a Friday and Saturday night. Check in is via the bar and was very simple. We had the suite which was large and comfortable. As is made clear in advance there is no breakfast but this is central Salisbury so no problem. Parking is limited and must be booked in advance but there are public car parks nearby. This is a music venue so expect some noise till 23.30 but we were not bothered. Rooms were very clean. Good deal for the price, more of a pub with rooms than a Hotel but good if you do not feel the need to be fussed over.

Room Tip: The suite is at the top of the building and so is farthest from the music
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
alexmanager, Manager at Qudos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Hi we are glad everything was to your liking, and you found the suite to comfortable, we love to hear feedback as it helps us to improve our service to our guests.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here on Saturday 6th April, we were at a friend’s wedding.
We were in room 26 (which was all our confirmation email said) so I called to find out more about the room and was told that we were in a refurbished suite with a lovely big bath.
On arrival we were just dropping our bags off on the way to the reception, this is not a "suite", it is the same as the other rooms (our friends were in room 21 which they paid about £20 less for) but with a new bathroom and a lovely bath tub. We noticed that there was no kettle on the stand so on our way out reported this to the bar staff who said that they would sort it right away, we told them in their own time as we were heading to the reception and would not be back till the evening when I would like to have a cuppa.
We returned at about 10.30, the bar was not too busy and we could barely hear the music on the top floor. We had been up early that day and I was looking forward to a cuppa and a nice long soak in that lovely bath tub. Got to the room, no kettle. My partner went down the 3 floors to ask again for a kettle whilst I started to run a bath. He returned with a kettle but sadly there was no hot water coming from the taps. So I took my turn on heading down the 3 floors to report this (there isn’t a phone in the room). A lady returned with me and said that she checked the boiler which was off and that she could move us to another room. I explained that if the boilers were off there was more than likely no hot water there either so no point in moving.
She looked at me with this look of "what do you want me to do about it then" and was a bit stroppy to be honest. I said to leave it and we would sort it in the morning.
I slept well and the bed was cosy, my partner who is a lighter sleeper than me found it difficult to sleep as the room is a bit noisy with creaky pipes and a constant dripping coming from the towel heating in the bathroom.
We went for breakfast and returned to check out, we spoke to a lovely lady who was very apologetic and offered us a refund of £30 which we were very grateful for.
All in all, it is a great location and an average hotel, I think you could get nicer for your money in the area. I don’t think we will be heading back anytime soon although we do intend to go back to Salisbury.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katie D
Reviewed April 3, 2013

By the sounds of things we were very lucky with our stay in room 15. There was an open mic night our first night (Tues) but this was finished around 11/11.30. Wed and Thurs there were no events in the bar so all was calm. We ate in the restaurant the first night and the food was delicious. Not a huge selection and a little pricey so one night in the restaturant was enough. Room was tidied every day, staff were friendly and the room was warm. Overall a lovely stay. Personally, If we were to return, I would not want to stay in the same room due to the noise. However the noise did in no way ruin our stay. Like I said I think we were lucky there wasn't a band playing in the bar.

Room Tip: Ciabatta burgers are delicious! Try to get a room on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Embezzler
alexmanager, Manager at Qudos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Hi many thanks for taking time to write a review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and liked your dining experience. We always appreciate feedback and we will take on board all your comments . Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed March 29, 2013

In Salisbury for work, stayed in room 15, directly over the bar, unfortunately over the weekend. Nightmare. I expect a certain amount of noise while staying in a town centre, eg road noise, but the noise from the bar below was unbelievable. Recorded bar music and voices were not too bad, but when the live bands played the whole room vibrated, the electric guitars etc were just as if I was in the room with them. Sounded a great bar to be in if on a night out, but seeing as I was trying to sleep it was an utter nightmare. I honestly can't tell you how bad this was. I felt like crying. A hotel room should be calming, but this was the complete opposite. I really can't believe this hotel charges people to stay in this room at the weekend without warning them how bad it is. The room was actually decorated nicely, but weirdly by contrast the bathroom was really dated and grimy, which then made the plushness of the bedroom seem false. While the hot water in the shower usually took a few minutes to run warm on the Sunday morning there was no hot water at all, so I had to have a cold shower. Awful. Would definitely not stay at this hotel again. On a subsequent stay in Salisbury I stayed at the Cathedral Hotel, which was wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank owl2

I am very sorry to hear of your experience. We do market ourselves as a live music venue on our website and various sites such as Booking.com. The music on Fridays and Saturdays is switched off at 12.30am. My staff always let the guests know on check in that we do live music on the weekends as this is our main entertainment nights. We do not have music on Wednesdays or Thursdays night at the moment. If you had raised a concern during the evening we could possibly have looked at moving the room to the second floor. If my staff failed to inform you of the music then I am sorry , but we do make every effort to inform guests as we are a music bar/grill. If I may I would like to offer you the chance to stay here again and could offer a form of discount or come to an agreement with you for a deal. The Cathedral hotel hosts a nightclub on weekends and is open until 2 am , whereas we are strictly off with our music by 12.30am

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a Christmas break with some friends. We found the rooms to be nicely sized, we were on the top floor and would recommend that. Our friends were on the 1st floor and there was a fair amount of noise from the bar, but upstairs we didn't hear a thing.
They only have a couple of parking spaces so make sure you reserve one.
We were eating out so only had a snack lunch and drinks but the food was really good, and reasonable. Shame they don't do breakfast, we had to go and find somewhere in town, not easy on a cold Sunday morning.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Nige29W
alexmanager, Manager at Qudos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for choosing Qudos, nice to hear positive comments about our venue and I shall pass your comments about your lunch onto our chef!

Alex @Qudos