Premier Inn Salisbury North Bishopdown Hotel
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed February 27, 2013

at least 2.6 miles into town bus service poor so walked into town good 45 mins on the way back I found out that a R2 Red bus leaves the Bus Station (Centre of Town) at 2330 £2.30p & goes right by the Hotel friendly Bus Driver dropped me outside the Hotel-Taxies are expensive in Salisbury quoted £8 for the trip when in Salisbury. Good Blues bar Quodos in Town Music on a Monday night Room felt chilly 132 at the back & returned at 2345 Room was at best mild & only plus two outside Just could not be upto complain at the time as I had things to do & I thought the room would get warmer.If I paid the £69 that they do charge I would expect a warmer room & a Shaving point. AdgeH

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed on a Sunday night on an early booking £19 deal (ex breakfast). Easy to find on outskirts of Salisbury, but not walkable to town centre. Large room, modern, comfortable with a decent sized TV (37" I think). Dinner and breakfast served in Brewers Fayre pub just outside front of hotel. Nice decor and broken up into 'rooms' so you can have some privacy and it is not noisy. Food was good enough and reasonable value; staff friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: All rooms would be quiet I think as it is on outskirts of town
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Me and my partner only stayed one night but the room was very spacious and clean bed was comfy the hotel staff were very friendly too I would stay there again, we didn't eat here as we got there quite late but from what I could see the restaurant looked nice, also Salisbury is good for shopping

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was my first stay in a Premier Inn. Although the hotel is fairly basic, the rooms are quiet, very comfortable and very clean. Staff are helpful and welcoming, flexible about cancellations and service overall was very good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed here from 12th - 14th January as I had a family wedding. This was the weekend of the really bad snow. My flight had been delayed and arrived just after 10pm. The restaurant part of the hotel was closed due to the bad weather which in the circumstances was fine as the bar area was still open for drinks.

The room itself was modern and very clean and cosy which is what I needed after being delayed with the weather.

Breakfast itself was great value as you can pay for a continental or Full English. There is a large variety of drinks, cerials and breads for toast. A great choice and well worth the money. Service was quick and the cooked breakfast was lovely and really hot.

I didnt spend a lot of time in the hotel as we had the wedding on the Saturday but it had everyhthing you need with drinks tray and flat screen TV.

On departure I asked reception if they could arrange a taxi back to the airport which they did and also arranged a fixed price for me, nothing was too much trouble.

I would definately stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the closing doors in the corridor as sometimes these close with a bang and...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank stuloufife
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Myself and partner stayed here with 2 friends of ours for my Birthday! The staff were very helpful when we explained that we had booked separately but would like our rooms to be as close together as possible as they switched per on of the rooms so we could be a few doors down and on the same corridor which we believe helped the logistics of my birthday weekend run smoothly and all the more enjoyable! This Premier Inn is newly refurbished and very clean throughout. The car park was free which is a massive plus when your trying to stick to a budget. The only thing I could say that is slightly negative but not a massive issue is that the hotel isn't the central to Salisbury city centre and cost on average £10 per taxi journey into town and £10 back but because there was a party of 4 of us this worked out at £2.50 each which is probably what you pay for a return ticket in the bus, and a bus ticket has less flexibility than catching a taxi whenever you like! If we return to Salisbury in the future we will be staying here in this Premier Inn again.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Blonde_Elle
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed at this Inn for 2 nights and pleasantly surprised. Had a car park facing room but there was no noise. Reception staff extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I found the bed a bit hard but husband thought it was great.
The Inn is in a good position for accessing all the main roads for Wiltshire & Hampshire - once you get your bearings around Salisbury's awful ring road. The city is worth a day's visit, but that's about it.
The restaurant attached to the Inn was good and, again, very helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple