“A superb B&B!”
Review of Spire House

Spire House
Ranked #7 of 59 Salisbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Spire House for six nights in August, and discovered a real gem! We received a very friendly welcome, and then were shown to our room which was absolutely lovely. The whole house is very tastefully decorated. I had asked Lois for a quiet room as I am a light sleeper, and we were given a room at the back overlooking the garden, and it was indeed quiet. We had a four poster bed, a lovely dressing table area, adequate hanging space and drawers for our clothes, a fridge, tea making facilities, and a fan (which we used alot as it was a hot week!), flat screen TV, comfy chairs, even a bookshelf of books to read if you so wished! Lois and John seem to have thought of everything!
The dining room is set out with a large farmhouse kitchen table, which can seat all guests for breakfast, if they all came down at the same time (but they didn't!). It was a really friendly, informal setup, and we met some really nice guests during the week. The food was delicious, and Lois and John really looked after us well. They also gave us some recommendations for eating out. Every place they suggested was absolutely spot on!
Finally, I must mention the location. It is easy to find, and is only a couple of minutes walk from the cathedral, several museums, and also the shops. So once again, full marks!
I can't say enough good things about this B&B! It really is excellent! Thank you Lois and John for a fantastic stay!

spire, Owner at Spire House, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Hello once again and a big Thank You for this fantastic review. We are so glad you enjoyed staying with us. John and I really like it when our guests are here for several days, we are very proud of Salisbury and its great when we see visitors getting to know the area and really enjoy it.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We only stayed for one night but were made to feel so welcome by the owners. Four poster bed made the night extra special. Lovely decorated spacious bedroom. So close to cathedral and town. Great idea to have books to swap! We will return.Thanks.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
spire, Owner at Spire House, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Hi John and I were so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Delighted you approved of the book exchange, I always read dozens of books on holiday and live in fear of running out :)

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I would like to start this review by saying my husband and I are not "Bed & Breakfast" people... whatever that means :) We have never staying in a B&B before but this was the best price for the money as we were traveling overseas. The room was great, as nice as any hotel. Location is perfect, right across from the Cathedral and a very short walk into town. Breakfast in the morning was HUGE and there were choices. I would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Oh what a lovely review and even better when I realised what an experienced traveller/reviewer you are. John and I were delighted that we changed your opinion about staying in a B&B

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Just returned from a 2 night break in Salisbury staying at this lovely house. Although situated on a busy road, the house is surprisingly quiet and we had a very peaceful nights sleep. A beautiful property and the 4 poster rooms are a touch of luxury. Although we parked on street opposite the house, spaces were ample and we were given a permit for the time we were stay. The B and B is very centrally located, only a short stroll to the cathedral and to the restaurants and shops. Breakfast was amazing and the hosts helpful and friendly, would thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: For a quieter room , ask for one at the back of the house
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My fiance and I, as well as 2 other couples, stayed in this great wee B&B in late July as we were all down in Salisbury for a friends wedding. We were welcomed warmly by Lois who showed us to our rooms. Rooms were well furnished and comfy as well as more spacious than appeared from the outside. We stayed for 3 nights and Lois and John couldn't have been more helpful and pleasant during our stay. Breakfast each morning was fantastic and set us up each day. A massive range of condiments & preserves, to accompany the never ending supply of toast made with delicious home made bread, complimented the delicious selection of cooked breakfasts. The bacon & egg sandwich was a highlight! We ate out at an Italian restaurant one evening and Lois told us that if we informed the restaurant we were staying at Spire House, then each couple would receive a free bottle of wine with dinner which we gladly accepted! Overall a very enjoyable stay. The only gripe I had was the shower in our room which was in a very small cubicle and the water pressure very weak. However our friends in the other 2 rooms said they had no such trouble and their showers seemed to be much more powerful. We all agreed that we would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My partner and I stayed at this wonderful B & B in late July as we were scouting Salisbury for a choir tour in the future. We actually arrived early, and to our delight, Lois greeted us warmly and ushered us to Room 4 which had a stunning view of the cathedral. The room was spacious and well-appointed, with a roomy bath, comfortable bed and an additional day bed. The micro fridge was very appreciated. We did not get the benefit of breakfast the next morning as we were out early. Lois was extremely helpful with some ideas for our tour and that was also appreciated. I would stay here again in a heartbeat - one of the best B & B experiences I have ever had!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were very kindly welcomed by John and Lois despite arriving at their door in a bedraggled state after being caught in a shower of rain during 'Britain's worst summer in 200 years' and being (literally and metaphorically) a 'cold caller'. They provided us with a quiet, comfortable room for one night and a delicious breakfast the next morning. This might appear superficial but John and Lois's toast is the best: delicious, chunky but not soggy.
We would have liked to have stayed longer but they were fully booked for the weekend. They are deservedly popular!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple